This doesn't sound quite right

graybar hotel

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Dog kills Okla. 2-month-old left alone in swing

TULSA, Okla. (AP) -- Police say a puppy has attacked and killed a 2-month-old boy who was left unattended in a swing.

Officer Jason Willingham said Monday the baby was mauled by the Labrador at the boy's home and died at the scene. He says the dog will most likely be destroyed.

Link: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/D/DOG_INFANT_KILLED?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

OMG! That does not sound right at all!!! Labs are so docile. I have been around them my entire life! I have one now and she gets beat up by the small dog we have. She just takes it and that is how every lab I have ever known has been! How terribly sad the baby died but I suspect that dog was abused or there is a whole other story here! :(

That's what I was thinking, but I have never owned a lab to be sure of myself.

I grew up with them and I have one now. My children could jump on her and she wouldn't do a thing to harm them. Labs are actually very protective of family members. I just cannot see one who is well taken car eof snapping and causing harm to a baby. When my niece was born (!9 years ago) the lab we had at the time used to just sit and watch her. If she made a peep our lab would come running out of the room to let us know she needed us.

No way..I have 5 different friends who own labs. They are people pleasers, smart, loving, docile..no way something is wrong here.

I thought the same thing when I read this story on another thread here. My Lab was just sitting next to me being sweet. They are the biggest babies, who will kiss a baby not harm them. There is more to this story than we are being told.
I highly recommend the audio book, "Marley & Me" by John Grogan. Just listened to it this weekend. It's about his life with his yellow Lab Marley. But don't listen to it with little ears around, or be prepared to change the track very fast, as there are some graphic sex and murder scenes described. The rest of it is very funny and sad, mostly funny!

This story doesnt make sense to me either...my lab at that age was mainly drinking milk and sleeping.

On the other thread about this, the police requested that the Lab puppy be euthanized, even though they don't know whether or not it was the Pug who killed the baby!:furious::furious::furious: I'm also guessing that it was a Lab/Pit Bull mix, not a Pure Bred Lab!

On the other thread about this, the police requested that the Lab puppy be euthanized, even though they don't know whether or not it was the Pug who killed the baby!:furious::furious::furious: I'm also guessing that it was a Lab/Pit Bull mix, not a Pure Bred Lab!

If the lab had anything to do with this it had to be mixed with something or very badly abused. My lab is afraid of turtles, squirrles and bluejays!!

If the lab had anything to do with this it had to be mixed with something or very badly abused. My lab is afraid of turtles, squirrles and bluejays!!

:laugh:Mine is afraid of empty dog food bags!

:laugh:Mine is afraid of empty dog food bags!

LMAO! Mine too--mine was sleeping in front of the loveseat the other night and our litte aussie shepard/mix walked down the stairs. When she got to the bottom she went from carpeting to tile and her foot slid just a little bit and Halo woke up and came running into my room and hid under the bed. I was trying to figure out what happened when my 10 year old walked in just dying of laughter to tell me about it. My lab is 4 years old next month and wouldn't hurt a thing!

Even if it is pure bred, it is all about how it is being raised... one can take the most docile of animals and make them mean.

I got a black lab mix. She was at least 2 years old when I got her. When I got her, she sat perfectly between my boys on the carride home. She'd sit in front of the door when you were unlocking it without having me give the command. Good mannered dog. Then I ordered pizza. While everyone else was enjoying thiers, she came up to my 5 year old and quickly helped herself to his slice.

You just never know.

LMAO! Mine too--mine was sleeping in front of the loveseat the other night and our litte aussie shepard/mix walked down the stairs. When she got to the bottom she went from carpeting to tile and her foot slid just a little bit and Halo woke up and came running into my room and hid under the bed. I was trying to figure out what happened when my 10 year old walked in just dying of laughter to tell me about it. My lab is 4 years old next month and wouldn't hurt a thing!

Mine turned 4 in June, she's a Black Lab.

I got a black lab mix. She was at least 2 years old when I got her. When I got her, she sat perfectly between my boys on the carride home. She'd sit in front of the door when you were unlocking it without having me give the command. Good mannered dog. Then I ordered pizza. While everyone else was enjoying thiers, she came up to my 5 year old and quickly helped herself to his slice.

You just never know.

Well, food's another story! ;)Especially pizza. A good discouragement for mine when we're eating is to hold up a squirt gun, she's afraid of getting squirted. My Springer was afraid of rubber bands, so all we had to do was hold up one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back