Canada - SK Clifford Olson's 'murderabilia' offered for sale online

This needs to just crawl into a corner and die.He has terrorised families for years and made enough money for his family off the deaths of these poor kids.

From the article:
Murderauction.com is one of a number of U.S. websites that sells "murderabilia" -- collectible items from serial killers and notorious criminals. They sell everything from serial killers' paintings, autographed T-shirts, and even hair and nail clippings.

Todd Bohannan runs the website and makes no apologies for making money from notorious criminals.

"I don't know that I could look at a family member and say, 'I'm sorry, what I'm doing is wrong or bad,"' he said. "I don't feel like it is bad."

How does he not see it as being bad? How is that "good" for someone to profit from murders?

From the article:
Murderauction.com is one of a number of U.S. websites that sells "murderabilia" -- collectible items from serial killers and notorious criminals. They sell everything from serial killers' paintings, autographed T-shirts, and even hair and nail clippings.

Todd Bohannan runs the website and makes no apologies for making money from notorious criminals.

"I don't know that I could look at a family member and say, 'I'm sorry, what I'm doing is wrong or bad,"' he said. "I don't feel like it is bad."

How does he not see it as being bad? How is that "good" for someone to profit from murders?

Another easy question to answer:
Because Mr Bohannan is pure evil and cares more about money than he does humanity.

We should lock him up with some of our nations "finest" murderers. Too bad Dahmer is dead. :furious:

I will never understand how many in our society will uplift murderers to celebrity status. A few years ago at a local mall, I saw a young teenager wearing a t-shirt with Charles Manson's picture on it.(no words, just his picture.) So badly I wanted to take this kid and give him a kick in the bum! Why not have a picture of the beautiful Sharon Tate or one of the other victims on your t-shirt. At least then it could be a 'voice' for the victim.

Todd Bohannon's words are so cruel and shallow. Something even more disturbing is the fact that his website is not the only one that sells this stuff.

I really dont think it should be allowed:(

I really dont think it should be allowed:(

I don't either. Serial Killer.com (or something similar to that) had items from a pen pal of mine. The owner of the site writes to the killers and pretends to be "like minded" to get them to write detailed grousome text about a crime and knows full well the criminals are elaborating - yet sells the "confessions" online as if they were real. It's horrible and I can't imagine the families reading those things about their loved ones. The criminal doesn't get any of the money, neither do the victims. Just one liar does. I begged him to take down one letter he posted for the world to see, then was selling for $40. I explained to him the "rest of the story" about how it wasn't accurate, it was written for what the liar asked for - grousome details - and it wasn't accurate or meant for anyone else to see. He was RUDE about it and COLD. The killer felt horrible for the families, even, and begged to have him remove it - and will never again write anything to what he calls a "fan" .... and this money hungry jerk did not even care. Lowlife. I'm not saying being a killer is better than being a liar - don't get me wrong. Just saying this guy was awful and callous.

I don't think it should be legal, but then on the other hand, we have way too many rules and laws as it is. The killers should be punished for killing, but can you really punish stupid and uncaring people for being themselves?

I have been on that site Glitch and read some of the forums. Its disturbing the way some of those people glorify these killers.

Just when you think the families of victims of crime have suffered enough with media hounding, suspicion and vilification of their loved one in the courtroom by slick defence attourneys along come these vultures to add to their torment. I think some people who glorify criminals Ciara, especially teenagers, do it because it makes them feel like they are being a rebellious bad a$$. Others love the thought of flirting with evil. They think it makes them dangerous when really they just look sad. Also, some people will chase anyone famous. Look at Paris Hilton's fans. :saythat:

Just down right SICK!!! :eek:

The thought of making money off of a person whom killed - murdered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG. :furious:

Rosco

The Correctional Service of Canada is investigating how personal prison items of infamous serial killer Clifford Olson ended up for sale on a U.S. website.

http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/ab...d=CTVNews/20080728/clifford_olson_site_080728

The items, which include letters, legal documents and photographs, are available for auction at www.murderauction.com.:mad:

I don't either. Serial Killer.com (or something similar to that) had items from a pen pal of mine. The owner of the site writes to the killers and pretends to be "like minded" to get them to write detailed grousome text about a crime and knows full well the criminals are elaborating - yet sells the "confessions" online as if they were real. It's horrible and I can't imagine the families reading those things about their loved ones. The criminal doesn't get any of the money, neither do the victims. Just one liar does. I begged him to take down one letter he posted for the world to see, then was selling for $40. I explained to him the "rest of the story" about how it wasn't accurate, it was written for what the liar asked for - grousome details - and it wasn't accurate or meant for anyone else to see. He was RUDE about it and COLD. The killer felt horrible for the families, even, and begged to have him remove it - and will never again write anything to what he calls a "fan" .... and this money hungry jerk did not even care. Lowlife. I'm not saying being a killer is better than being a liar - don't get me wrong. Just saying this guy was awful and callous.

I don't think it should be legal, but then on the other hand, we have way too many rules and laws as it is. The killers should be punished for killing, but can you really punish stupid and uncaring people for being themselves?

Hey Glitch, may I ask why you have penpals in prison. I have seen you talk a little about it on other threads but I am not sure why you do it? I am not trying to be rude, just curious. It makes me furious that people like Jessie Compton and Stella Kiser having websites advertising for pen pals. They killed an innocent baby girl, actually tortured her to death. I don't think people who have killed deserve the right to have outside interaction. They are in prison to be punished not to live life as normal. JMO. I feel sorry for the families but not for the killer who you speak of who "felt badly about the crime", I think if they felt any remorse, they wouldn't have done it in the first place.

I agree with you imthemom.........they should get zero outside interaction and certainly should not be allowed to go on penpal sites. There are far more worthy causes than killers.

Hey Glitch, may I ask why you have penpals in prison. I have seen you talk a little about it on other threads but I am not sure why you do it? I am not trying to be rude, just curious. It makes me furious that people like Jessie Compton and Stella Kiser having websites advertising for pen pals. They killed an innocent baby girl, actually tortured her to death. I don't think people who have killed deserve the right to have outside interaction. They are in prison to be punished not to live life as normal. JMO. I feel sorry for the families but not for the killer who you speak of who "felt badly about the crime", I think if they felt any remorse, they wouldn't have done it in the first place.

I have more reasons that I can possibly write here. Mostly, because I couldn't believe that it was only monsters on death row, like we are all brainwashed to believe. My question to myself was... if that were true, how could they be married to people who didn't know, and why can't we identify them easily just by looking... if they are so monsterous. I wrote to one and found out how much just like us they are. It's facinating to me. In another life, I'd like it to be my job to find out more about the human brain and it's various chemical imbalances and other problems. In this life, however, I have a mortage and am a single mom, so all I can do is read what's already been researched, and write to someone who is right there in the thick of it.

I think of my own daughter who was acting like a monster for 3 years... until she was diagnosed with bipolar and put on medication, and is now normal. I think of the homeless people who talk to themselves and act "funny" and if they had health insurance and were diagnosed early, they'd be normal. Kids who commit horribly aggressive crimes and end up in the system because no one took them to a shrink. I don't know, I guess I want to understand.

Other than that, it's extremely interesting to talk to someone who is so unlike me in only one way, but exactly like me in most other ways. It's just interesting. I can't really defend it, but I can say I'm not going to change anything about it, either. I've met entire families of these people and I can say this... the families of the killer are NO LESS wonderful than the familes of the vicitims. They are forgotten in this zeal to execute killers. I don't know why. They just are considered non people.

I have more reasons that I can possibly write here. Mostly, because I couldn't believe that it was only monsters on death row, like we are all brainwashed to believe. My question to myself was... if that were true, how could they be married to people who didn't know, and why can't we identify them easily just by looking... if they are so monsterous. I wrote to one and found out how much just like us they are. It's facinating to me. In another life, I'd like it to be my job to find out more about the human brain and it's various chemical imbalances and other problems. In this life, however, I have a mortage and am a single mom, so all I can do is read what's already been researched, and write to someone who is right there in the thick of it.

I think of my own daughter who was acting like a monster for 3 years... until she was diagnosed with bipolar and put on medication, and is now normal. I think of the homeless people who talk to themselves and act "funny" and if they had health insurance and were diagnosed early, they'd be normal. Kids who commit horribly aggressive crimes and end up in the system because no one took them to a shrink. I don't know, I guess I want to understand.

Other than that, it's extremely interesting to talk to someone who is so unlike me in only one way, but exactly like me in most other ways. It's just interesting. I can't really defend it, but I can say I'm not going to change anything about it, either. I've met entire families of these people and I can say this... the families of the killer are NO LESS wonderful than the familes of the vicitims. They are forgotten in this zeal to execute killers. I don't know why. They just are considered non people.

I see where you are coming from. It is very fascinating. I like to watch Notorious and other biopgraphies on killers to see how and why they did what they did but I think I would still be a bit scared of becoming so close to one. I believe there are killers who have mental illness and were misdiagnosed but I also believe there are people who are just pure evil and don't deserve to have outside contact. I would, however, like to write to some of the inmates who are housed with Stella Kiser and Jessie Compton and let them know just what a horrible thing they did so that others will treat them how they should be treated. I just think if I were the family of the victim, it would be like being slapped in the face to know they have so many freedoms.

I see where you are coming from. It is very fascinating. I like to watch Notorious and other biopgraphies on killers to see how and why they did what they did but I think I would still be a bit scared of becoming so close to one. I believe there are killers who have mental illness and were misdiagnosed but I also believe there are people who are just pure evil and don't deserve to have outside contact. I would, however, like to write to some of the inmates who are housed with Stella Kiser and Jessie Compton and let them know just what a horrible thing they did so that others will treat them how they should be treated. I just think if I were the family of the victim, it would be like being slapped in the face to know they have so many freedoms.

The people you see on television, the famous ones, who flaunt the devil and are clearly, CLEARLY after attention for their crimes - marrying women and getting them to mortgage their homes for them - the ones, like you say, that are just evil - I'd never want to write to fuel that level of narcissism. That would not be at all interesting to me. Child molesters - no way! Just makes me feel icky.

The sentence is either death, after some time, or many years of crappy nasty food, filthy living conditions and absolutely nothing to keep your mind occupied is such a punishment that they do get crazy. (I had a brilliant boyfriend who ended up in the system for most of his formative years due to drugs, and he's a complete NUT case now - it's horrific and so sad.) Anyway, their punishment is being treated worse than shelter dogs - so I hardly think writing on a piece of paper that you have to trade something for to even get a stamp is really to be considered a freedom. (My opinion, of course, you are totally free to disagree.) Especially if the mother of the prisoner gets even a piece of comfort from it. I know I get FAR and AWAY more out of writing to my pen pal than he does. At least I think so. We never talk about the crimes. I mean, once I asked one specific question about one crime that I read about and I had one specific question because I lost sleep over it - but I am not a "fan" and he knows I don't want details of his crime. I can watch stuff on tv all day long, true or not, and read about it here - but I don't want to hear it "from his point of view." I want to know who it is BESIDES the label of the one thing he is in prison for. I am not defined by the fact I am a mother, a programmer, a state worker, a tom boy and a dominatrix. I happen to be the most loyal best friend and most accepting person to so many people... and beyond that, I am so much more. So are they.

It's actually MORE scarey when you get to realize that they are human beings just like us, with just one wire crossed... and that MOST PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW IT. That means... one mistake, one fingerprint left at the wrong place just before a crime, and that could be us sitting there. Because we are just like them, but for a moment of something... that we did, or that we didn't even do.

That's a bigger rush to think about than any Stephen King novel.

Thank you for not condeming me. It's refreshing to be thought about a bit disapprovingly, without being attacked for it. You truely made my day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back