The Search for Caylee-Possible Physical Locations

believe09

Reaction score
Christine sent out the word to rally for a search-who is up for it!!! PM her your phone number, let's get it organized. I will post some of the speculation on physical locations....

FLbeachdawg
user_offline.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe09
The Amscot on E Colonial Dr in Orlando is a few blocks away from....you guessed it....Blanchard Park as well as Lake Downey Park. If the car was abandoned at the E Colonial Dr Amscot, I would think that those might be likely search areas. JMO.

If the car was abandoned at the Amscot on W Colonial Dr., there is a park called Gordon Barnett Park near-by.

Sigh....

To me, she wouldn't dump the body in a public park area...too many people around and too likely a chance of a stinch to arise. I would think she would go for the uninhabited wooded areas nearby....WHICH THERE ARE SEVERAL. Including the area down on Lee Vista which is still all under construction. They are connecting the road to Alafaya Trail. The road is complete, but not legally "open". There is NOTHING but woods all down there for miles...and it's not far from where the Anthony's live either....and that's JUST ONE section of woods that could be a possiblity. All of these places are feasable. Which is why I think most people just wouldn't know where to begin without a solid lead.

Here is a snip from FLdawg's post:
They are connecting the road to Alafaya Trail. The road is complete, but not legally "open". There is NOTHING but woods all down there for miles...and it's not far from where the Anthony's live either.

This is in Blanchard Park, connecting Lee Vista to the Alafaya Trail? A few blocks from the E Colonial Check cashing place...seems like a good place to start.

This is such a good idea! I wish I was in Flordia. Does anyone have search dogs?

Salem

This is great. I wish I lived in, or even near, florida to help. Even if you can only get a small handfull of people, try to get it noticed by the media...the locals will see it and want to help.

Here is a snip from FLdawg's post:
They are connecting the road to Alafaya Trail. The road is complete, but not legally "open". There is NOTHING but woods all down there for miles...and it's not far from where the Anthony's live either.

This is in Blanchard Park, connecting Lee Vista to the Alafaya Trail? A few blocks from the E Colonial Check cashing place...seems like a good place to start.

No no no no...this is NOT in Blanchard Park. Two TOTALLY different places about 15 minutes from each other. This was just an area I noted that has a lot of woods and its near their home. Lee Vista is a road and they are currently extending it to reach Alafaya trail. I was saying there are A LOT of places around here...it's really hard to narrow a search.

But you also have the landfill on Dean Road...also not too far from the Anthony's.

There is a large patch of woods on Econlockhatchee Trail...not too far from their home

I mean seriously...the list goes on and on if you want to include where she has been.

Personally I say have grandma give out Casey's receipts of where she had been and we can go door to door at these places and ask if anyone has seen them...

There is a large patch of woods about 100 yards behind their home

Christine sent out the word to rally for a search-who is up for it!!! PM her your phone number, let's get it organized. I will post some of the speculation on physical locations....

We really don't need phone #'s...just need 1-2 people to step up and say 'I WILL DO IT'...LOL. Then we can give TIME/DATE where to meet and let LE know we are going out...see if they prefer to supervise or what.....any body researched S&R in that area? Are there any volunteer orgs like CUE or Project Jason......I think people would come out if someone would just start it.

This isn't that hard. IMO, fwiw.

Believe, who was the S&R dogs from AL that offered to come help us a couple of times? She worked for AL EMT if I recall...she had dogs in training, and one trained, Dusty? They contacted us through myspace to help in Monica's Bowie's search....do you remember?

I wonder how LE feels about TES coming in to search ponds....LE or family has to make that request...isn't there a pond in the apt complex she supposedly was leaving Caylee w/nanny?

someone made mention of a dam in the area of that blanchard park and that the water was fast running. what about along some river or creek. she could have tried putting her in water.

Most bodies are recovered with a 5 mile radius of where they are missing. start close move outward, keep a grid. I was part of the search team efforts to recover the body of Danielle VanDam. She was found less then 2 miles from where were were searching. It's seems frutle and overwhelming when you are out there. But the Laura Recovery search team found her. They were very well organized. The fact that a shovel was borrowed from the neighbors indicates the Caylee was buried. Look for soft soil, shallow grave. Most likely this place is going to be within easy access from a road or not far from it. Carrying dead weight even that of a child would get difficult after a time. She shouldn't be far from a road or where a car could get to.

No no no no...this is NOT in Blanchard Park. Two TOTALLY different places about 15 minutes from each other. This was just an area I noted that has a lot of woods and its near their home. Lee Vista is a road and they are currently extending it to reach Alafaya trail. I was saying there are A LOT of places around here...it's really hard to narrow a search.

But you also have the landfill on Dean Road...also not too far from the Anthony's.

There is a large patch of woods on Econlockhatchee Trail...not too far from their home

I mean seriously...the list goes on and on if you want to include where she has been.

Just because we are overwhelmed with the possibilities of where she could be doesn't mean sit idol. I like your idea about the receips!

Bodies are usually found close. Start most likely closest to GM's and work out.

Most bodies are recovered with a 5 mile radius of where they are missing. start close move outward, keep a grid. I was part of the search team efforts to recover the body of Danielle VanDam. She was found less then 2 miles from where were were searching. It's seems frutle and overwhelming when you are out there. But the Laura Recovery search team found her. They were very well organized. The fact that a shovel was borrowed from the neighbors indicates the Caylee was buried. Look for soft soil, shallow grave. Most likely this place is going to be within easy access from a road or not far from it. Carrying dead weight even that of a child would get difficult after a time. She shouldn't be far from a road or where a car could get to.

This is good stuff Nedthan. Working from this.... she borrowed the shovel and had it how long? Estimate an hour (I think the neighbor said) to an hour and 1/2. Big Question here - did she leave the house at ALL before she returned the shovel? If not then it would be very difficult to figure out how far she drove. If so, then figure 1/2 to 3/4 hours to put Caylee in the trunk, 5-10 mins to drive to new spot, another 1/2 to 3/4 to rebury Caylee. She couldn't have gone far.....

They have searched the GG's parents property, so she is not there, but it appears that she was. Tying down the date that Casey borrowed the shovel is key here. The car was abandoned on June 27th. So there are 2 or 3 days - 24th to the 27th in which Casey could have driven anywhere. Trying to narrow this down will be difficult, but not impossible.

Salem

Further thought - what day were the gas cans taken? The 24th right? That means there are 3 days unaccounted for, providing she borrowed the shovel on the 24th also.

Salem

we also know the neighbors saw her back her car up to the garage. So most likely Caylee was dead at the Grandparents house. When were they out of town, or were they? It would be important to know how long Casey borrowed that shovel for.

For all you sleuths out there, check out the time line. My gut is telling me that Caylee went missing around the 24th. (Missing gas cans and borrowed shovel) Where was Casey at that time? Go to white pages dot com and try typing in the addresses of where casey was. You can then click on an ariel view where you can see trees and water . . . just a thought but I am a visual person, and this would give me ideas where to look. (I would help but live in Michigan)

Count me in. I'm on the west coast, but I'll absolutely drive to Orlando to help. Our family has helped in several missing person searches.

Also, you should use the evidence of maggots and and strong odor in your sleuthing. FYI

Whether the death scene is in an enclosed building or in an exposed outdoor setting, bodies that are unattended after death quickly attract blowflies and other arthropods. Female blowflies are known for their keen ability to detect the odor of decomposition within minutes after death, a trait that has afforded them an ecological advantage in the competition for food sources. Throughout the process of decomposition, blowflies are quickly followed by a complex of arthropod and mammalian colonizers that compete in time and space for their portion of an extremely ephemeral food source. Left unchecked, a body in a temperate outdoor setting can be reduced to mere bones in just a few days so it is extremely important for the female blowflies to locate the body as quickly as possible. It is with this knowledge that forensic entomology finds its basis.

This was taken from this website, very insightful!

http://www.forensicflies.com/class5.htm

Anyone interested in searching for Caylee on the premise that she's ALIVE? I realize the evidence appears to be mounting against the idea, but being a mother of five, I just don't know if I can search for a dead baby...

Anyone interested in searching for Caylee on the premise that she's ALIVE? I realize the evidence appears to be mounting against the idea, but being a mother of five, I just don't know if I can search for a dead baby...

I totally understand what you are saying, I would love to find Caylee alive but I have a 2 year old and I know that there is no way I could handle living with the image of a dead 2 year old, that is why I have not volunteered to search.

Did Amy and Ricardo see Caylee the 16th of June? Supposedly they were all partying together? Is this when Casey said she was with the Nanny at the beach? This would've given her time to think about where she was going to move the body - from the parents backyard to ????? (all speculation or out loud wondering?)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back