Identified! WA - Okanogan Co., Skeletal remains on river, Jul'08 - Miguel Goncalves

Kinda hard to start not knowing sex or age...But I'll keep watching this.

I think he has been identified! I got an alert from Missing People of Canada.

A cross-border mystery has been solved by B.C. RCMP and U.S. authorities with the identification of human remains found in a Washington forest in 2008.

The skeletal remains — found entangled in some riverbank trees along the Okanogan River — have been deemed to be that of Keremeos man Miguel Joao Goncalves, born in 1961 and who went missing in 2007.

At the time, a medical examiner could only confirm the man would have been 20-50 years old and had a surgical implant called a Trochanteric Nail.

The Osoyoos RCMP were made aware of the case in March 2012 and a South Okanagan investigator forwarded Goncalves’ medical history to U.S. authorities, who found a match with the human remains.

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/news/Hum...ing+Keremeos/8059757/story.html#ixzz2MpHosLhY

a man with a Portuguese name from Canada found dead in Washington.

can't assume anything these days with globalization!

You'd think Canadian missing persons reports would be checked immediately considering both MP and UID were near the border, the river originates from the north, and "the man went into the water in May or June when the river was running high." Instead it takes almost 4 years for RCMP to be "made aware of the case."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back