More Celebrity Twins

TopGunner

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Must be something in the water in Hollywood......

Rebecca Romijn and her husband, Jerry O'Connell are expecting twin girls this winter.

They're a cute couple, I'm happy for them.

there is. It's called in vitro fertilization!

Of course, it's in vitro....Actresses have to schedule their pregnancies around their film/tv roles.....Read Angelina's quote about not wanting to have to bothered with "trying" and having to "wait."

It all feels wrong to me, almost like "buying off the shelf":confused:

I am waiting for the 1st celebrity TRIPLETS or QUADS :eek:

Who will be the 1st "star" to up the odds to 3 or 4 babies? Twins are now old hat - there have been dozens - I made a list - at least 25 sets now - and yes, they are probably all "manufactured" babies - there is no way all the Hollywood stars are having multiple births all of a sudden naturally - especially since every single set are fraternal twins. And if you are willing to pay more you can be guaranteed the sex and 100% health of the babies. The stars know as soon as they are pregnant what sex the babies are - they PICKED them. Nothing is left to "chance" any more - why, when you have the $$$ you can manage your pregnancy from day one and know exactly what you are getting...and when. And no worries about any fertility issues on either side - the sperm and egg are "introduced" manually now.

I don't have a problem with it, but I wish it wasn't so darned expensive - everyone should be able to do this if they so desire, but the expense is just too much for most "regular" people with "regular" jobs - not to mention the additional expense if Mom can't work and has to be hospitalized for a month before giving birth. With the testing they can do now, every couple could be having a child free of most inherited genetic diseases or those that are strictly gender related. THAT could be a blessing for so many couples who have endured the loss of a child to a genetic disorder carried by one or both of the parents.

I guess all the Hollywood twins will have suitable friends for play dates that are "just like them".

My Opinion

I wonder if it's that or if it's the fact that so many of those women are older moms - older equals increased chance of multiples!

and if they are older they might also be on drugs that increase this chance, if they arent going straight for IVF.

How they do it...

IVF -PGD

Sperm that have been filtered by our standard sperm preparation process are allowed to fertilize the eggs obtained from the female "in vitro" (in our highly specialized fertility laboratory). The embryos resulting from this specialized fertilization process are then screened by our genetics team to determine both their gender and that selected chromosome pairs have resulted in an expected normal genetic pairing outcome (this process is called "aneuploidy" screening). This gender determination process at the very early development level as made famous by our Center, has resulted in the ability to provide sex selection results for the chosen gender far in excess of 99.9%. The aneuploidy (abnormal chromosome count) screening process also employed at the time of PGD gender determination also allows for the detection of limited genetic count abnormalities as a routine or for the optional screening of the embryos for a wide variety of additional genetic abnormalitites. Upon request, we can screen for genetic abnormalities such as Down's syndrome (one "extra" chromosome 21), Turner's syndrome (the absence of one of the two "X" chromosomes normally found in a female), and Kleinfelter's syndrome (a male with one "Y" chromosome and 2 "X" chromosomes instead of the normally found single "X" chromosome). New DNA microarray technology also provides us the option of screening embryos for a full (46 chromosome) genetic count.

Just A Few Celebrity Fraternal Twins

Rebecca Romijn (G/G)
Jennifer Lopez (B/G)
Angelina Jolie (B/G)
Holly Hunter (B/B)
Marcia Cross (G/G)
P Diddy G/G)
Melissa Etheridge (B/G)
Diana Krall (B/B)
Julie Roberts (B/G)
Angela Basset (B/G)
Nick Valensi (B/G)
Nancy Grace (B/G)
Norah O'Donnell (B/G)
Joan Lunden 2 sets both (B/G)
Gurindha Chadha (Director) (B/G)
Patrick Dempsey (B/B)
Manfred Mann (B/G)
Garcelle Beauvais-Nilon (B/B)
Mia Hamm (G/G)
Dennis Quaid (B/G)
Martie Maguire (G/G)

There are more, these were the most famous twins - and there will be more, it's pretty much a fad now, like Botox and saying you don't have a staff of 25 Nannies (or Baby Nurses), Body Guards and Assistants and you're "doing it all yourself" and "are a working Mom or Dad just like everyone else".

Like I said, it will be triples and quads next .... wonder how much People will pay for THOSE photos?

My Opinion

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail