Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Please continue GENERAL discussions here. Look around Nancy has her own forum, there are several threads started on specific topics to try and stay organized.

Links to previous and similar threads can be found toward the bottom of the page.

Newbies.....
websleuths.jpg

I am sad such a tragedy is bringing us all together.

I advise everyone to read the RULES of WS, Long and Short Version .

Originally Posted by citygirl
I am a member, read a lot to stay abreast of things, have little to say as all the posters here are so on top of things, but will add my two cents.

My question is, how many spouses who are having marital problems are up and murdered by someone else?

Nary a one, that I can think of.

To stay with your question: Guilt-he never called police to report her missing. Innocence-I'm coming up blank.

JMHO

I agree that the spouse is the usual suspect. However, in regards to not calling the police. Perhaps he was under the impression, as many on this board were, that you had to wait 24 hrs to report a missing adult. He says he went looking for her and JA's affidavit seems to confirm that is what he told her. When he returned from looking for her, the cops had already been called and were at his house.

As I've said lots of times, he's got a lot of stuff that can be confirmed or refuted in those affidavits/rebuttal. IF he is lying in those, he's given LE plenty of ammo.

Reddress58 wrote:
<<I see there are a lot of members logged on right now...probably catching up on previous threads. Let's wait and see who else is interested and plan a meet-up.>>

I live very close and would love to meet you all. Please count me in if it's not too late.

Anyone else interested in a meet-up at Java Jive? I've jotted down everyone so far who has shown interest and will PM you soon.

I agree that the spouse is the usual suspect. However, in regards to not calling the police. Perhaps he was under the impression, as many on this board were, that you had to wait 24 hrs to report a missing adult. He says he went looking for her and JA's affidavit seems to confirm that is what he told her. When he returned from looking for her, the cops had already been called and were at his house.

As I've said lots of times, he's got a lot of stuff that can be confirmed or refuted in those affidavits/rebuttal. IF he is lying in those, he's given LE plenty of ammo.
I was on my way home from work once and got stuck on the interstate because a small plane had made a crash landing a mile ahead of me. Sat there for 4 hours. This was before cell phones.

When I finally made it home my husband had called everyone under the sun and the ER looking for me. I spent the rest of the evening calling 20 people back to apologize for worrying them.
I too would be calling the police in addition to local emergency rooms, her girlfriends, the neighbors, etc.

Whether she'd been missing less than 24 hrs. or not the police could have told him if she'd been hit by a car or involved in something else that they'd possibly been called out on. The police are not just for missing people reports.

My BIL is a cop, a "first responder". If there's an injury or illness related 911 call, the police show up first to secure the area for the paramedics. Calling the police would have been the logical thing to do.

Anyone else interested in a meet-up at Java Jive? I've jotted down everyone so far who has shown interest and will PM you soon.

I sent a PM, but add my name to the list. Just need to know when.

As far as how close are the houses, here's the 'hood.

Note you can see both beamers in the driveway.

Thanks!

I've been talking to "server too busy" for the last couple of hours. Just to let you know, we did have a lovely conversation. lol

So did y'all figure out why there are not any stickers in the SUV's license plates while I was talking to the 'server'?

Well, that's a creepy feature. I just found my own house. EEk!

I was on my way home from work once and got stuck on the interstate because a small plane had made a crash landing a mile ahead of me. Sat there for 4 hours. This was before cell phones.

When I finally made it home my husband had called everyone under the sun and the ER looking for me. I spent the rest of the evening calling 20 people back to apologize for worrying them.
I too would be calling the police in addition to local emergency rooms, her girlfriends, the neighbors, etc.

Whether she'd been missing less than 24 hrs. or not the police could have told him if she'd been hit by a car or involved in something else that they'd possibly been called out on. The police are not just for missing people reports.

My BIL is a cop, a "first responder". If there's an injury or illness related 911 call, the police show up first to secure the area for the paramedics. Calling the police would have been the logical thing to do.

... unless you had just murdered your wife, then it would be the last thing you wanted to do.

Now that the SW won't be opened I guess it will have to be small talk until the LE makes the next move.:confused:

are there any shops or homes that would have security video that would have captured nancy is she had truly been running along that route? or her murderer spiriting her body away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee