Gas Grill Recall

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
For the past month, Fox 23 Solving Problems reporter Emily Sinovic has been investigating a number of gas grill fires. Now, Emily tells us there has been a recall for one model of the perfect flame gas grill.

I've been looking into fires involving perfect flame grills, but this flyer is the only way I heard about the recall. I just happened to find this flyer posted on a desk at a Lowe’s store here in Tulsa.

It says there’s been a “safety recall” for perfect flame model number
GAC3615, item number 271567.

About a month ago, Chris Jeffers in Tulsa, told me about his grill fire and said, “The flames were leaping out the back of it up over the top of it.

Jeffers told us the manufacturer, Lucas Innovation, wanted to keep him quiet about the problem. Jeffers said, “They were offering me a sum of money to take down my website and cease all complaints against them.

He didn’t take the offer, and I didn’t stop telling your stories.

Since then, I’ve showed you the dozens of grill owners who’ve contacted me from across the country, all with the same story of their perfect flame grill bursting into flames.

The manufacturer also planned to send out letters to all grill owners with information about the recall. It warns, “the cooking chamber of the grill can melt and/or ignite which poses a risk of fires and burn injuries to consumers”. The letter also warned consumers to, “stop using it immediately.”

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=fd0422c5-35fb-44d3-85e5-bfe71db563d5&rss=77 (Bolded by me)

I thought this was a good way to get the word out about this recall and the dangers associated with these particular grills. It seems the word isn't going out very effectively from the manufacturer and Lowe's. :burn:

Hmmm, I think we have a Perfect Flame grill. I'll have to check this morning when I leave for work. Yikes!

This doesn't really relate to me, as I haven't even heard of the 'perfect flame gas grill"..although I guess It's like a barbeque. But what struck me, was the guy Chris Jeffers, from Tulsa who, rather than take any money just wanted to help get the word out there and make people aware. He is special.:)

My mom and dad have a Perfect Flame. It started rusting within the first month of them getting it. The burners are hardly working, and Lowe's doesn't carry the burners. They are less than happy with it. I will give them the numbers to see. With the kind of luck we have, it will be the type of pit they have.

just called my oldest son, to give him the heads up on this....he said theirs is a Char Broil gas grill......

New warning:

Since I first reported a grill fire more than a month ago, I’ve heard from grill owners everywhere including, New York, Virginia, Canada, Missouri, New Jersey, Illinois. They all told me their Perfect Flame grills caught fire.

Some of those grill owners did not hear about a recall, because their specific model of the Perfect Flame grill was not included.

Melissa Shepard wrote to me about her 4-burner Perfect Flame grill. Her model was not included in the recall. Her grill model number is SLG2006B. Shepard said, “It continued to flame and flame and get bigger and bigger even after we turned it off.”

Then a grill owner in Illinois sent me pictures of the 2007 version of the same model Shepard owned. His also caught fire. Again, his grill was not recalled.

I also heard from a Kansas City grill owner who told me about the 3-burner version of the same model SLG2007A grill.

The Kansas City grill owner said, “It was just a big ball of flames just shooting. The metal chunks were all over the place.”

Other owners of the same model, that was not included in the recall, have contacted me as well. They all want to know why their specific Perfect Flame model hasn’t been recalled.

Melissa Shepard said, “There’s been several instances reported … the company needs to take action and recall.”

Just last year, a strikingly similar recall was issued for another Perfect Flame grill.
36,000 4-Burner grills were recalled for the same reason as this year’s recall: “risk of fires and burn injuries.”

To tell me about your gas grill fire, you can send me an email at esinovic@fox23.com

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=4524f32b-4a8b-4498-87b8-93c02bf6474a&rss=77

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BabyGhoul
Back