845 users online (215 members and 630 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by doogiesgirl View Post
    Thank you or TY SeriouslySearching for this thread. I have been trying to figure out what IIRC means for months now. Even my 12 year old son who knows all the puter lingo couldn't figure that one (or moo) out! TY
    If I recall correctly.
    Faxing death threats to a location near you!

D'oh is pretty self explanatory and I use that more in my head than anywhere else

The one I respect most is the one in TechnicalConfusion's tag line: Caylee. Her life was abbreviated, her name should never be.

Mac and Ernie asked if we could have a thread like this and so I bumped this old thread of SS.
    So thanks M&E for bringing this issue to my attention. Looks like we needed it.

OK, guys, you are making this too easy! The ONLY really good "sleuthing" I have done since I have been here is to try and figure out the acronyms!!LOL, ROTFL, LMAO..HA HA HA!
    (Guess those with REAL sleuthing abilities have better things to do! )

PS.....is this OT??????

I've only been posting since 11/12/08, so now I finally know what all yall have been saying. roflol te he te he

The one I respect most is the one in TechnicalConfusion's tag line: Caylee. Her life was abbreviated, her name should never be.
    Me too. I love how we abbreviate all the other A's, KC, CA, GA, LA, but Caylee gets the respect of her name being spelled out. I've always thought that.

The truest love there is

JBean, I love what you said in another thread, so funny. You said when a poster types insulting things about JB it takes you a second to realize they are talking about Jose B. !! lol Ha ha ha Cute!
    Rest in Peace Sweet Caylee

I've been around for awhile and I still come across some acronym's that throw me. Last year I finally learned that:

KWIM?=Know what I mean?

AFAIC=As far as I'm concerned. (this one always reminds me of the duck/insurance commercial)

Shadowraith has some that I keep forgetting to ask her about. I can't remember off hand what they are. So you can be around here forever and still be learning. lol.

Thanks sooo much for this thread!! You don't know half the words I've made up for some of those letters....although, for the longest time I'd sing "I'll never be a pizza burnin' " for "beast of burden" in the Stones song....(when it first came out, of course)

Quote Originally Posted by sarah7855 View Post
    Me too. I love how we abbreviate all the other A's, KC, CA, GA, LA, but Caylee gets the respect of her name being spelled out. I've always thought that.

out of all the players I try to always capitalize her name as well...that poor child needs all the respect she gets....she is now speaking so much truth...
    God bless little Caylee...
    jmo

Here's a couple of others:

ME: Medical Examiner
    SA: States Attorney
    DA: District attorney

AFK----------Away From Keyboard Took me some time to figure that one out, then somebody finally posted it. Thanks for the help!

Can someone please tell me what LULZ stands for?

Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesHappen View Post
    Oh thank God!!!

I was too embarrassed to ask.
    Hilarious! I took me about three weeks to figure that one out, lol. I thought it was some kind of inside cow joke that I didn't know about. A few weeks ago I saw it used with a little cow icon and got a good laugh.
    I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~Albany Bach Reid

I find I use the crime acronyms when discussing a crime with non sleuthers and have to catch myself or answer them when they ask....what's a LE or Cod?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast