TX TX - Kelly Dae Wilson, 17, Gilmer, 5 Jan 1992

findcarrie

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.findcarrieculberson.com
Does anybody remember the missing person case of Kelly Dae Wilson from Longview TX? I saw a blurb that Dateline is going to a story on her this Friday @ 8 p.m. This reminded me of our case with Carrie because the police were charged in this case like they were in Carries. Could somebody write back and tell me more about this case. I could not find a lot on Ms. Wilson.

Thanks

www.findcarrieculberson.com

heres the info on Kelly Dae Wilson
MPCCN Case File: 412F90

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: January 5, 1992 from Gilmer, Texas
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: May 18, 1974
Height and Weight: 5'7; 120 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Blonde hair; blue eyes. Wilson wears soft contact lenses. Her ears are pierced.
NCIC Number: M-941526882

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Details of Disappearance
Wilson was last seen at approximately 8:30 PM in Gilmer, Texas on January 5, 1992. She was leaving her place of employment and heading to the bank at the time. Wilson's car was discovered later in the evening in her employer's parking lot. The vehicle had a flat tire. All of Wilson's personal belongings were inside the car, but her keys were missing. She has never been seen again. Wilson was last seen wearing a dark rugby shirt, stonewashed cut-off jeans and loafers.
A grand jury indicted Gilmer Police Department investigator James York Brown on charges of Wilson's abduction and presumed murder in January 1994, two years after Wilson disappeared. Prosecutors believed that Brown, who had been assigned to investigate Wilson's case, was involved with kidnapping and imprisoning Wilson for over one week. The state also contended that Brown sexually assaulted and murdered Wilson while she was held captive. All of the charges against Brown were dropped in March 1994, two months after the initial allegations had been made. He maintained his innocence in Wilson's case from the onset of the investigation. Wilson's disappearance remains unsolved.

This young lady is one that I am baffled by her disappearance. Kelly was linked at one time on Kristin O'Pry's website but somehow the website was taken down. I wanted to share this article about Ms. Wilson for those of you who know of her case and follow it. She's from Gilmer Texas. I know that Mr. Cooke will know who I'm talking about.

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=1808640

I dont understand it says that the cop was put on her case after she dissapeard so how then be blamed for it if she was allready missing when he was assighned to her case . Im going of what it says are the details in post number 2

I dont understand it says that the cop was put on her case after she dissapeard so how then be blamed for it if she was allready missing when he was assighned to her case . Im going of what it says are the details in post number 2

The complete story is here, among other places: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/wilson_kelly.html

Apparently they got caught up in one of those satanic-cult-witch-hunts manufactured by overzealous investigators, and it mushroomed from there.

It turned into a circus. The person they should have been investigating was barely questioned (if I remember correctly). If your interested in the case, do a little research on the video store owner. He walks free today, even after having charges brought on him later (unrelated) for child *advertiser censored*. He is still a business owner in the same town. Its all about the small town politics.

What bothers me most about this case is the plethora of suspects. Her boss, boyfriend, local kids, the Kerrs, her mother and stepfather, Sheriff Brown. I know that her boyfriend and his friend were given polygraphs by the FBI, which they FAILED, but what about the others? Is anything currently going on in this case?

The complete story is here, among other places: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/wilson_kelly.html

Apparently they got caught up in one of those satanic-cult-witch-hunts manufactured by overzealous investigators, and it mushroomed from there.
wilson_kelly.jpg
wilson_kelly2.jpg
wilson_kelly_ap.jpg

Left and Center: Kelly, circa 1992;
Right: Age-progression to age 37 (circa 2011)
Photos from Charley Project

I just took the time to read over the case here.

WOW.

Few thoughts:

* how did one of the members lead them to what they determined to be human bones on a previous property the group had lived on?

* after they dismissed everything all of the evidence and case files were stolen... on Halloween... from the police storage?

* During the investigation, the foster parents who cared for the Kerr children (when CPS took them) both committed suicide 2 days apart from one another

Maybe I missed it but was Kelly making a personal deposit or a deposit for her employer? If the latter and she worked for a large company then I might question if she just ran off with the money but I don't think there's a video store that would do enough business to make that anyone's choice. I would have questions about who knew she was going to the bank and how did they know-exactly who saw her leave and was it leaving the building or driving out of the parking lot and, in both cases, was it multiple people or are we just taking one person's word for it? The flat tire makes it look like she never left but that could be a false trail set up by her killer.

I just took the time to read over the case here.

WOW.

Few thoughts:

* how did one of the members lead them to what they determined to be human bones on a previous property the group had lived on?

* after they dismissed everything all of the evidence and case files were stolen... on Halloween... from the police storage?

* During the investigation, the foster parents who cared for the Kerr children (when CPS took them) both committed suicide 2 days apart from one another
Don't know the answer to #1. #2 yes files stolen from police dept storage. #3 I wasn't aware those folks committed suicide. Do you have any sources?

She was making a deposit for her employer, a pretty small business. The deposit DID get made by someone in Kelly's car via CCTV video but said it was too grainy to tell who made the deposit only showing an arm and her car. Then her car was found abandoned in the video store parking lot with the flat.

Hey RoadRunner,

The source is included in my first line. I hyperlinked it in the "here".

From the source:
First mention of the Foster parents-
June 6, 1992 Wanda's children tell Marie Lappe ( foster mother ) of ritual abuse and killing babies

November 7, 1993 Under the care of foster parents ( James and Marie Lappe ) who had fostered Several of Wanda Kerr's children, the oldest son of Danny Kerr and Connie Martin is critically injured. ​When accused of abusing the child James Lappe told doctors that this child fell while running up and down the stairs which was how he regularly punished his foster children when acting up.

The next day after the injury, he is gone:
November 8, 1993 James Lappe commits suicide by gunshot.

And 2 days later so is his wife:
November 10, 1993 Marie Lappe commits suicide by drug overdose.

Oh I'm so sorry. I missed it clearly. Very interesting for sure. Thanks for the info.

Bumping for Kelly. Jan 5 made 25 years she's been missing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard
Back