Maricopa Jane Doe Thread #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
That last thread was getting too long.
Please continue here.

FMW, can you ask your LE contact if any of the minors that KL trafficked from "back east" were ever interviewed - shown pics of MJD - in an attempt to id her? pretty pleaaaaaaase. Thanks! :blowkiss:

FMW, can you ask your LE contact if any of the minors that KL trafficked from "back east" were ever interviewed - shown pics of MJD - in an attempt to id her? pretty pleaaaaaaase. Thanks! :blowkiss:

I'l try later today.

Any Phoenix natives here ever remember this on tv back then? What pics would they have had on tv then? I'm guessing the only thing they had to go on would have been the sketches?

I don't remember the story at all.. I was 18 in Jan of 1999 and taking care of my kids more than watching TV. News depresses me anyways so I tend not to watch it to begin with.

This is just a weird aside that popped up in another forum on WS:

http://archive.southcoasttoday.com/daily/11-98/11-11-98/a04sr027.htm

Two months before MJD's crash, another teenaged girl jumps/is pushed, barefoot, feet first from the window of a moving car on the freeway that also fails to stop, lives briefly when found but dies of her injuries.

Probably just a weird coincidence but so similar you'd possibly call it an MO if they weren't on different sides of the country.

This is just a weird aside that popped up in another forum on WS:

http://archive.southcoasttoday.com/daily/11-98/11-11-98/a04sr027.htm

Two months before MJD's crash, another teenaged girl jumps/is pushed, barefoot, feet first from the window of a moving car on the freeway that also fails to stop, lives briefly when found but dies of her injuries.

Probably just a weird coincidence but so similar you'd possibly call it an MO if they weren't on different sides of the country.

Thanks for posting. That's interesting, Cymro.. it's like the exact same circumstances, only on opposite sides of the country. It makes you wonder what happened in Alonzo's car that made MJD take that leap of fate. :furious: I found it interesting that the driver was said to of had a dark blue or tan car. So did Alonzo. I know it isn't plausible that he was the driver, the cases are just too similar.

What's also eerie about Ashley Turniak's case is that it happened in November 1998. Didn't LDJ say they were only in Phoenix for 2 months?

November 9th 1998 at 8am, 16 year old Ashley Turniak was found dead on the breakdown lane of I-91 south in Longmeadow, Massachusetts just 1½ mile from the Connecticut border. The well liked teenager from Agawam had been seen in her high school parking lot before her first class started at 7:25 that morning. Less than an hour later, witnesses reported that she went feet-first from the passenger window of a car heading south towards Connecticut. Her backpack was found on Woodlawn Avenue in Enfield, Connecticut not far from a highway exit. At the time of her death witnesses reported that she was in a tan or light brown mid-size vehicle, possibly a late 80s model Ford Tempo or a vehicle similar to that. After Turniaks fall, the car was seen leaving I-91 at Exit 49 in Connecticut. More than five years later many questions persist, was she pushed or did she fall? Who was the driver? A still grieving family and Massachusetts State Police want to know. If you have any information about this case please call (413) 747-4809.

http://www.angelfire.com/ct3/unsolvedct/homicides.html

Thanks for posting. That's interesting, Cymro.. it's like the exact same circumstances, only on opposite sides of the country. It makes you wonder what happened in Alonzo's car that made MJD take that leap of fate. :furious: I found it interesting that the driver was said to of had a dark blue or tan car. So did Alonzo. I know it isn't plausible that he was the driver, the cases are just too similar.

OMG :eek: how weird!!! I don't know why it couldn't be Alonzo. They didn't catch the driver.
Also, I was wondering why MJD's sandals were in the back seat? Why weren't they ON her feet?

OMG :eek: how weird!!! I don't know why it couldn't be Alonzo. They didn't catch the driver.
Also, I was wondering why MJD's sandals were in the back seat? Why weren't they ON her feet?

Ugh I know! Ashley was barefoot, too. If I didn't know all of the information that I do on the cases and just randomly saw these two incidents.. I'd swear it was some bizarre serial killer method or something. That's how eerie it is..

:clap:I'AM TRULY AMAZED ,AT ALL THE HARD WORK THAT HAS BEEN DONE, TO IDENTIFY THIS BEAUTIFUL GIRL. THE PROGRESS THAT HAS BEEN MADE IS AMAZING, SHE WILL BE IDENTIFIED VERY SOON, THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!! THE POLICE REALLY DROPPED THE BALL ON THIS CASE, AND IT MAKES ME VERRRRYYYYY:furious:. IMO SOMEONE GOT AWAY WITH MURDER!!! SHE WOULDN'T HAVE JUMPED OUT OF THAT CAR WITHOUT HER SHOES. NO WAY!!!!

If her life was in eminent danger, who knows what she would've left behind. You can always buy new things..

That's true, however it would have took seconds to slip her shoes on, and yes u can buy new things, but it takes $$$ to do that. There were no weapons found and no indication that she was in danger, she was a very beautiful girl, and she made her living selling that image, so why would she jump and risk losing her looks?? Imo she was pushed.

:crazy: How many times have YOU driven past a car where the girl had her bare feet up on the dashboard? I've seen plenty... And the passenger seat was back quite far.

:crazy: How many times have YOU driven past a car where the girl had her bare feet up on the dashboard? I've seen plenty... And the passenger seat was back quite far.

Well damn, she must've been pretty comfortable with these folks to not even KNOW them personally.. hmm. I guess if she was used to it, sure. But it's still kind of odd to me that she just threw her shoes in the back seat if she didn't know them, IMO. But I guess since she was a prostitute, she may have been pretty comfortable in the presence of strangers. I mean you've got to be, I'm sure. It just seemed like she wasn't "tainted" just yet. Like she still had a chance to get out of it. But in regards to her kicking her shoes off, Alonzo could have said some smooth lines like "Take your shoes off and kick your feet up on the dashboard, I know they must be killing you from walking in them all day" or something snakey. Does anyone know exactly how much time between picking her up and getting on the highway there was? Forgive me, I hate those "military times" on the LE report, and I never quite calculated it..

Well damn, she must've been pretty comfortable with these folks to not even KNOW them personally.. hmm. I guess if she was used to it, sure. But it's still kind of odd to me that she just threw her shoes in the back seat if she didn't know them, IMO. But I guess since she was a prostitute, she may have been pretty comfortable in the presence of strangers. I mean you've got to be, I'm sure. It just seemed like she wasn't "tainted" just yet. Like she still had a chance to get out of it. But in regards to her kicking her shoes off, Alonzo could have said some smooth lines like "Take your shoes off and kick your feet up on the dashboard, I know they must be killing you from walking in them all day" or something snakey. Does anyone know exactly how much time between picking her up and getting on the highway there was? Forgive me, I hate those "military times" on the LE report, and I never quite calculated it..

Hi Vashley! IIRC - the "accident" happened fairly early in the afternoon - I want to say 1 or 1:30 (sorry - too tired to look @ the report). I don't find it too odd that she took her shoes off in the car. But she had to have been in an awful hurry to get out of there to leave them behind in the middle of the desert!

Lots of times - but I've never seen their feet - and the rest of them - go flying out of the window!!!

Hi Vashley! IIRC - the "accident" happened fairly early in the afternoon - I want to say 1 or 1:30 (sorry - too tired to look @ the report). I don't find it too odd that she took her shoes off in the car. But she had to have been in an awful hurry to get out of there to leave them behind in the middle of the desert!

Hey Fairy!

She must've been in a hurry! I was wondering actually if they had picked MJD up in the morning, or how long they had been driving around with her on the car before the actual incident happened. :confused:

Hey Fairy!

She must've been in a hurry! I was wondering actually if they had picked MJD up in the morning, or how long they had been driving around with her on the car before the actual incident happened. :confused:

I was going to mention that - if they hung out on Van Buren to buy some weed then went to some house somewhere, they had likely picked her up in the late morning. HOWEVER, all of that information came from Alonzo and Lindsey, and so I don't have much faith in any of it. Honestly, I don't think we have a true timeline at all. It's so frustrating really. I sure hope LDJ can lead LE to that house they supposedly stopped at. Or that LE can find Robin or pay a little visit to KL. SOMETHING other than Alonzo and Lindsey. :furious::furious::furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth