The case against Crocs

Believe, I was waiting on lawsuits on them plastic shoes.

I've never wore them Croc's nor did I put them on my child. For some reason I have always had an aversion to plastic shoes. Like the "Jelly's"?:confused: By no means does it have anything to do with price, but more I think from when we were kids and my mom saying "Those are pool shoes. They are to only be worn at the pool. You're not walking around in plastic if I can help it".

O.K. that was my therapy for today.:crazy:

Personally I saw a little kid trip twice in the Croc's. Kind of like his foot kept going but the shoes stopped. Do I still have time to get a pair and trip?:eek: I'm only joking.

That warning has been out there more than two years. I found one article from May of 2006. I know I heard it a long time ago, not just this past May. It was in newspapers and on the news. Some escalator injuries were also from shoe laces getting caught in escalators and Crocs don't have laces. I know when I first heard it, it said there were switches on the bottom side of escalatorw where they can be turned off. I didn't know that until then. I wear Crocs but usually around home.

I think there's been the same kind of injuries with flip flops, too.

I've heard that Crocs are comfortable, but to me, they're just ugly. Maybe it's the plastic and bright colors? They look like gardening clogs!

Lately I've seen older people wearing them, but I wonder if they provide the right support and traction for them.

Oh, but they are SO comfortable especially for folks, like me, who have problem with their feet. I'll take comfort over prettiness anyday!

Oh good. I thought it was just that I'm klutzy! I busted my face the other day trying to get down some steps at my house... in flip flops.

It's not you, it's the shoe.

In fact, my daughters' ballet instructor makes regular speeches against wearing flip-flops, as they're notoriously bad about causing ankle injuries. Not that they listen, though. :)

In fact, my daughters' ballet instructor makes regular speeches against wearing flip-flops, as they're notoriously bad about causing ankle injuries. Not that they listen, though. :)

I don't listen either. :) Besides, my ankles are fine, it was the REST of my 40 year old bones that were rattled!

NPR had a segment on flip flops, crocs and the like and said more Plantar Fascitits and foot/heel problems came from wearing those types of shoes. I think they're horrendously ugly so I don't wear them and I only wear flip flops at the beach. At home I just walk around sock footed, even outside if it's dry.

They should have been sued a long time ago for making such repulsively ugly shoes.

Oh, but they are SO comfortable especially for folks, like me, who have problem with their feet. I'll take comfort over prettiness anyday!

Same here, I wear them at work w/ scrubs (at a hospital, where lots of the nurses wear them with their scrubs). They are so comfy!

Same here, I wear them at work w/ scrubs (at a hospital, where lots of the nurses wear them with their scrubs). They are so comfy!

I think once you put on the scrubs on, there's not much worry about making a fashion statement overall with shoe apparel.

However, can you run with crocs? Don't nurses sometimes have to move quickly?

I think once you put on the scrubs on, there's not much worry about making a fashion statement overall with shoe apparel.

However, can you run with crocs? Don't nurses sometimes have to move quickly?

I'm quite sure this wasn't meant to be funny but it still made me laugh.

P.S. I have a HUGE appreciation for nurses. I would like to be one myself. I just found that funny.

They assisted me in shattering a leg-so I am also an advocate of this position!!!

I've heard that Crocs are comfortable, but to me, they're just ugly. Maybe it's the plastic and bright colors? They look like gardening clogs!

I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks they look like gardening shoes. They have really taken off among young children in Australia. You often see little toddlers wearing them. I always think that if people want to wear gardening shoes why not wear gardening gloves and a floppy hat with them? I've never worn them but I imagine they'd be dreadfully hot in summer. It is very humid where I live and I think your feet would get very sweaty.

My DH just recently bought a pair and he loves them. He wears them when he is photographing paintball - it's easy to wash them off and keep on going!

I'm quite sure this wasn't meant to be funny but it still made me laugh.

P.S. I have a HUGE appreciation for nurses. I would like to be one myself. I just found that funny.

Nope, you were supposed to laugh. I started thinking about scrubs and really, they're fashion-exempt completely.

This is why I wear them. They're ugly, but when nurses are wearing footgear you know it's sturdy and comfy! I love mine, I don't care what anyone thinks. :)

Do I still have time to get a pair and trip?:eek: I'm only joking.

You are such a stitch! :) I love my crocs. They're soft and comy and I love wearing them, but I only wear them around the house or for gardening because I think they are just UGLY.

My daughter is a nurse and she wears them. She says with people puking and peeing on her all the time she needed something that would be easy to clean. :eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back