NJ NJ - Montague, Wht/Hisp/BlkFem 13-20, UP1772, rainbow jeans, poss stocky build, good teeth, Jun'80

Richard

Reaction score
252UFNJ.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim

Unidentified Biracial Female
  • Found on June 24, 1980, in High Point State Park near Route 84 - New York and Pennsylvania.
  • Estimated Date of Death: January 1, 1975
  • Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 18 - 20 years old. (dob 1958-1962)
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0 - 5'2"
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White with some other unknown nationality. Brown hair dyed blonde. Short and chubby.
  • Clothing: Blue jeans with 8 different multi-color threads down front and back of left leg. Investigators had no luck in finding the manufacturer, but the unusual pattern on the pants may be a helpful clue.
  • Dentals: Available. Teeth are in good condition. Some teeth have a star shaped molar crevice pattern. No dental work.
Case History

The skeletal remains of a dismembered body were found on June 24, 1980.
It was dumped in a State Park, located in North New Jersey within five (5) miles of Route 84 (East to West). The bones lay in the woods. Only 300 feet from Route 23 in Montague near the Wantage border, the skeleton pieces had been scattered by animals digging in and around five plastic garbage bags.

The bones included arms, legs and a skull. But they had been severed from the rest of the body with a saw. The torso was never found. A state forensic anthropologist analyzed the bones and determined the person was a female Caucasian, most likely Hispanic. She is a possible homicide victim.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Sussex County Sheriff's Office
973-579-0850

NCIC Number: U-640825556

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
The New Jersey State Police
The New Jersey Herald
The Doenetwork Case File 252UFNJ

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/252ufnj.html

Her remains were sawed apart and buried and they think it is "possible" she was murdered?

Had the exact same thought but I suppose there is always the tiny possibility of someone wanting to dispose of a body even if death wasn't the result of a homicide, for reasons unknown.

Bumping case up. I wonder if this case was related to others in Pennsylvania around the same era which involved bodies being cut into pieces?

Bumping case up. I wonder if this case was related to others in Pennsylvania around the same era which involved bodies being cut into pieces?
I have thought the same thing. In that thread I started awhile ago that I need to update and go over again, I singled out the idea of someone running around the Mid-Atlantic states dismembering women. It is such a singular MO...

I have thought the same thing. In that thread I started awhile ago that I need to update and go over again, I singled out the idea of someone running around the Mid-Atlantic states dismembering women. It is such a singular MO...

I think this is true when you have a specific pattern of slashing or if particularly body parts are always showing up.

On the other hand, it seems like a lot of times this is done out of convenience and necessity (for lack of better words, I don't mean this to sound cold). Someone might dismember in order to shield identity or it can be a matter of making a body fit into something like a container.

A few examples that come to mind in the Northeast during the '70s and '80s: The 1989 Rifkin victim was cut up to shield identity. Pennsylvania Beth Doe had her nose and ears cut off to conceal her identity and then was further dismembered to be put into suitcases. The Lady of the Dunes from Massachusetts had her hands cut off and was beheaded, supposedly to conceal her identity. In the days before DNA was widely used these methods definitely would have impaired identification,

I do think this Jane Doe is possibly the victim of someone using a dismemberment MO repetitively because the skull and fingers were left thus clearly leaving some identifiers. Then again maybe it was just an issue of transportation-- it's easier to look inconspicuous with five trashbags than with one whole body.

In other words, I don't think that dismemberment is (sadly) such an usual MO that in of itself it should be considered the mark of a serial killer. I highly doubt all the cases of dismemberment in the area are the act of one person. That being said, it might be useful to look for unusual patterns in the area using that MO. Just my :twocents:.

Fukiyama and Richard are there specific cases with similarities to this one that you're thinking of? I vaguely remember a couple that may fit but I'll be off to the databases now to find more.

ZendroskyKaren.jpg
252UFNJ.jpg
140_169UFPA_Longer_Hair.jpg

I have never posted, on something like this....but since i have been looking at cases in that area, and areas surrounding it.....I thought i would post for 24 hours , to see if perhaps a possible, if not, i may go ahead and delete so not to take up space.

http://www.njvu.org/cgi-bin/njsp/mpdisplay.cgi?mpid=186

[SIZE=-1]Last Name[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Zendrosky [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]First Name[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Karen [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Middle Name[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Lynn [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Sex[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Female [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Race[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Caucasian [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Date Of Birth[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]9/2/1963 [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Place Of Birth[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Height[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]5'2" [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Weight[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]90 pounds [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Hair[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Brown [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Eyes[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Green [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Complexion[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Light [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Scars/Marks/Tattoos[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Scar Right Ear [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Last Seen[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]October 23, 1979 [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]NCIC[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]M847788950 [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Karen was last seen in Hamilton Township, Mercer County on October 23, 1979. Her family reported her missing to NJSP Bordentown station. Karen does have a scar on her right ear. Dental records are attached to her NCIC record.
Any further information, please contact NJSP Bordentown Station at #609-298-1171 or NJSP Missing Persons Unit at #800-709-7090.
[/SIZE]​

http://www.pennsylvaniamissing.com/bethdoe.html

On December 20, 1976 at about 4:30 p.m. a local boy made a grizzly discovery on the banks of the Lehigh River in White Haven, Carbon County.​
The dismembered and mutilated remains of a young, white female and her unborn child had been stuffed into three suitcases and thrown from a bridge along Interstate 80 over the Lehigh River. Police theorize that the killer, traveling westbound on I-80, tossed the suitcases over the bridge in an attempt to throw them into the river, however, one of the suitcases landed on the banks of the river and the other two landed in a wooded area some 20 feet from the river.​

http://newenglandunsolved.blogspot.com/2008/08/unidentified-womens-body-parts-found-in.html

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Unidentified: Woman's body parts found in Warwick, MA in June, 1989

On June 24, 1989 legs and arms were found off of a rest stop on Route 78 in Warwick, MA, just 1 mile from the New Hampshire border.

The parts were originally thought to be from a man in his 30s (most newspapers reported this) but later studies suggested that the parts are actually from a woman. She was white, approximately 5'5" and "robust". The other parts of the body, including the head were never found. The body was badly decomposed and authorities are not exactly certain of when the victim died although it was likely within six months.

Newspapers reported that there was a concern about this being related to a cult or other ritualistic killing. Two corpses of headless dogs were found approximately 25 feet from the human remains. The dogs had not died from natural causes, police think they were shot. Many people in Worcester county also reported that their pets went missing around the same time (the body was left in Franklin county, but borders Worcester county). That being said, these incidents are not definitively linked to the body.

There has been efforts from the online community, Websleuths to link this unidentified victim to that of Michelle Ashley Nicholaou who disappeared from Holyoke, Massachusetts sometime after November 1988.

Authorities have compared the remains to James Lacouture and have determined he was not a match.
Posted by newenglandunsolved at 2:26 PM

http://www.pennsylvaniamissing.com/bethdoe.html

On December 20, 1976 at about 4:30 p.m. a local boy made a grizzly discovery on the banks of the Lehigh River in White Haven, Carbon County.​
The dismembered and mutilated remains of a young, white female and her unborn child had been stuffed into three suitcases and thrown from a bridge along Interstate 80 over the Lehigh River. Police theorize that the killer, traveling westbound on I-80, tossed the suitcases over the bridge in an attempt to throw them into the river, however, one of the suitcases landed on the banks of the river and the other two landed in a wooded area some 20 feet from the river.​
n

http://www.coldcaseokc.com/article/homicides

Could the killer, became mobile?
and went to the northeast, back 1976?
Perhaps LE can answer that question.....
If there were any similarities between Oklahoma in 76 and this case? or any other mentioned here?

Eeek that's a gruesome one.

One thing that definitely sets that killer apart from Beth and High Point Doe:
[He] used the bodies of the other two to play a twisted game with police - scattering parcels of flesh for them to find, then leaving more once they had gone. "This guy took great pleasure in placing the body out to be found and taunting police and making sure that the portions that he wanted found were found. ... They were placed in areas where he knew they would be found for their shock value," said Oklahoma City police cold case Inspector Kyle Eastridge.

That's a very different MO than cutting bodies up, putting them into containers, and trying to cover the bodies up (ie-- Beth Doe was meant to be thrown in the river, High Point was buried). It seems like taunting the police was a big part of this OK killers ritual and I don't think he'd give it up suddenly.

Bumping case up. It has been about 35 years since this young woman was murdered. Perhaps some connections can be made between this and cases of missing girls and women from that time frame.

I was looking for matches to this UID about an hour ago, and couldn't find any close possibles. Shortly afterward, I came across Pinkie Mae Davis-Herron while looking for matches to a different UID.

She missed my earlier screen because she was too old. The height is also slightly outside the range, but not outside a reasonable margin. Her weight (120-130 lbs) might qualify as "chubby" for a 5'3" female. And a 35"-36" waist on the UID is stocky, but not obese.

Pinkie Mae Davis-Herron

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/davis-herron_pinkie.html

davis-herron_pinkie2.jpg
252UFNJ.jpg

Here's the DoeNet Link for the UID.

The Doe Network:
Case File 252UFNJ
http://doenetwork.org/cases/252ufnj.html

They say that the UID was supposed to have died around 1975 (about 5 years prior to discovery). Pinkie disappeared only nine months prior to the UID's discovery. I don't know how they can tell the difference between 5-year old bones and 9-month old bones.

I am putting this out based primarily on resemblance. All in all, the vital stats and timeframe are marginal - Not strong, but nothing too far out of range.

While speaking with TXDPS on a separate case, I asked if dentals were available for Pinkie Herron. The analyst (Cassandra Cistone) said that there were none. She added that Pinkie was from a poor family and probably had not seen a dentist. That was valuable info with regard to this possible because the UID had no dental work done.

Given the additional info on Pinkie's dental situation, I went ahead and submitted Pinkie Mae Davis-Herron as a possible match to this case. Pinkie was not reported missing until decades later when her now-adult daughters decided to file a MP report. The two daughters have submitted DNA.

Cassandra said that High-Point Jane Doe was not on her list of UID cases for which Pinkie was ruled-out. That list consists of about 30 names.

She added that TX DPS does not list their rule-outs in NamUs, and the only way to determine whether someone has been ruled out is to call them and ask.

I made a follow-up call to Cassandra Cistone of TX-DPS regarding my submission of Pinkie Herron as a possible match to High Point Jane Doe. She said that there is no news with regard to this submission.

However, she told me that just recently, a female jailhouse informant who is trying to work a deal for a lighter sentence, has told authorities that her ex-boyfriend murdered Pinkie and buried her body underneath his home in Travis County TX.

Authorities are doing a little investigating to determine whether her information is credible. She also said that LE is going to have a little chat with the alleged perp. Hopefully, they will have enough probable cause to get a search warrant to excavate the property.

Needless to say, this greatly reduces the probability of Pinkie being High Point Jane Doe. But it's good news nevertheless, that they are potentially closer to solving Pinkie's case.

n

http://www.coldcaseokc.com/article/homicides

Could the killer, became mobile?
and went to the northeast, back 1976?
Perhaps LE can answer that question.....
If there were any similarities between Oklahoma in 76 and this case? or any other mentioned here?

http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcases/2009/02/01/mother-of-three-dismembered-dumped-in-bags/

Possible connection?
between the cases mentioned on this thread?
I am posting in the cold-case section also.
I did-not find a listing for it.

what makes this case difficult is trying to figure out the racial demographic at play here. LE says she is white with some unknown mixture.

the family might have reported her as being of some other race. I am trying to look at different racial/ethnic labels for women missing in that time frame and in her age range.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back