WARNING! THIS May Be Dangerous to Your Health!

fran

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Note to self: IF you're walking on a nature trail and you see three little mountain lions, do NOT attempt to pet them! No matter how CUTE they are. Slowly back away and..........................flee for your life!:eek:

:crazy:Oh geesh! What was he thinking?:waitasec:

:rolleyes:

fran

Man hurt by mountain lion in Foothill Ranch

FOOTHILL RANCH – A man walked away with only a superficial scratch after trying to pet a mountain lion cub today in Whiting Ranch, officials said.

............................snip.........................

man in his mid-40s spotted three mountain lion cubs as he was walking through the park. Assuming that the cubs would not be dangerous because of their small size, he walked toward them and tried to pet one of them

..........................snip..........................

What the man didn't see was the mother of the cubs nearby

<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/ranch-department-brotheim-2115993-park-foothill

The article says that normally when they track mountain lions in that area they end up killing them. They've asked (note "asked") that these only be tranquilized and moved to a sanctuary. I sure hope that's what happens. I would hate to see these little babies and their mom destroyed because of one man's stupidity. He's really lucky the mom didn't kill him.

The article says that normally when they track mountain lions in that area they end up killing them. They've asked (note "asked") that these only be tranquilized and moved to a sanctuary. I sure hope that's what happens. I would hate to see these little babies and their mom destroyed because of one man's stupidity. He's really lucky the mom didn't kill him.

I hope so too. They'll probably have a follow-up in tomorrow's paper. I'll try to remember to check and post it if they do.

He was in THEIR territory, so what did he expect. Babies aren't going to be roaming around alone.......Mommy is somewhere close.

fran

I guess mom was just a little over protective.:eek:

I guess mom was just a little over protective.:eek:
mama was doing what nature intended for her to do-protect her young at any cost.

this man was under-brained and got what he deserved. in fact hes very lucky mama didnt kill his stupid butt!

i really hope that people with sense protect this kitty-family, not destroy them :(

I was so disgusted with this guy when I heard it this morning on the news. What a dufus, lucky for him he only got his arm scratched............unlucky for momma and babes, now they'll be hunted down :(

yes, he is.....you always get away from babies...cubs, baby skunks, any kind of animal baby....just makes sense, the mama is somewhere close...(as a rule anyway)

i know this is O/T, but it reminded me of a video i saw on some cable news station the other day....it may have been around for a long time, but it was the first time i'd seen it.....i think it's so cool:)
i'd like to share it........

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=UqI_DLR17PY

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam