TRANSCRIPT-8/6/08-Marc Klaas Chats w/ Websleuthers

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
<Tricia> On behalf of Websleuths and Forums for Justice Thank You so much. Christine is now going to post the questions Marc has already answered. This will be available on the forums later on.

<Christine2448> Toms girl asked: With so many missing children, how do you pick which cases to become involved with personally?

<Christine2448> A: The KlaasKids Foundation enters cases in three ways. We have to be invited to participate by the family or by law enforcement. In these cases our involvement can involve anything from family support or counseling to supporting search efforts. The third way that we become involved, as in the current case involving Caylee Anthony, is through our relationship with media.

<Christine2448> Misty M asked: Were you advised to get legal counsel while the LE were "investigating" your possible involvement in your daughters case? (As I know that parents are often the first people investigators will try to clear).

<Christine2448> A: One of my best friends and one of the first people to arrive on the scene is a deputy City Attorney for San Jose. He advised me not to get an attorney as we both knew that I had done nothing wrong.

<Christine2448> In your experiences, do you come across parents of missing children who appear to be unemotional, uncaring or 'hinky' as we would say, but ended up being innocent?

<Christine2448> A: Not really. The loss of a child is overwhelming and in those kinds of experiences it is very difficult to hide emotion. That being said, numerous parents, including myself have not cried on camera or in other public venues.

<Christine2448> ok i'm chimein in on this one...I want to search, Marc, your response makes sense....

<Christine2448> Do you find it odd that LE, independent organizations, and everyday people are not actively searching for little Caylee's remains, considering most of the media seems to already portray her as 'gone' with evidence of decomposition in the car of her mother/grandparents?

<Christine2448> A: Where are they supposed to look? It is a very big world and she is a very little girl.

<Christine2448> Bam asked: Do you think George, Cindy, and or Lee, knew of Caylee’s disappearance before the 911 call? Do you think any of them are directly or indirectly involved in a cover-up in to what may have happened to Caylee? I notice George Anthony never call Caylee by her name, but reference her to little girl, child, and such.

<Christine2448> A: From what I know, none of Casey’s relatives knew that Caylee was missing prior to Casey’s admission. I believe that the family is disintegrating before our eyes and the family, with Cindy taking the lead, is desperately trying to justify the unjustifiable. The truth lays with Casey and Casey alone.

<Christine2448> Txsvicki asked: How do you think posters on message boards should discuss missing people as far as theories, persons of interest, family members, etc.?

<Christine2448> A: However they want. We live in a free country. Remember though, Elizabeth Smart proves that some cases are successfully returned. Polly Klaas, Elizabeth Smart and Jessica Lunsford prove that the burden of safety cannot be placed upon the shoulders of kids and that every kid is at risk. Not every parent is guilty despite initial appearances.

<Christine2448> Bobby62 asked: How can I, as Joe Citizen, help in the physical search for Caylee. I live fairly close, have a truck and ATV and know how to get to Hopespring drive. In the search I am speaking of I am assuming the worst.

<Christine2448> A: Again it is a big world and she is a little girl. There is really nothing that can be done until law enforcement has some indication of where to search. I do not recommend independent searches.

<Christine2448> Susieclue asked: What possible reason could there be for no sketch of Zenaida to be released to the public?

<Christine2448> A: Casey has not provided one.

<Christine2448> Salem asked: What are your thoughts on the Madeleine McCann case out of Portugal, now that the legal inquiry has been archived? Do you think Maddie will be found?

<Christine2448> A: I think that her parents were irresponsible for not protecting their children. There may be a break in the case that will result in determining what actually happened. However, that becomes less likely as time passes.

<Christine2448> In the Caylee Anthony case, do you think any other members of the family were involved?

<Christine2448> A: No, I don’t.

<Christine2448> Alwayshocked asked: Do any of the TV hosts upon whose programs you make appearances ever get upset with you because of your consistent "straight talk" regarding how you feel about a case?

<Christine2448> A: Not that I am aware of. At least nobody has said anything to me.

<Christine2448> Riverrat asked: Have you ever considered how you, your life, might have been different had you NOT became a part of Victim Advocacy? Not to mention the state of America and how we would be now without your help........

<Christine2448> A: Thank you for the kind words. Prior to Polly’s abduction I was a small businessman. I made money, had happy relationships and lived a good life. However, I was intellectually adrift. Polly’s death gave me purpose, vision and grounding. I am a better man now that I was then. Unfortunately, the price one sometimes pays for direction is far too high. I would revert back to the snarky dude of 15-years ago in a heartbeat if

<Christine2448> Dr. Doogie asked: How far down the required chain of events are we to finally seeing Richard Allen Davis actual get the needle? Has he received a "death penalty appeal approved" attorney yet? Has an appeal been filed? Has it been reviewed by the Appeals Court yet?

<Christine2448> A: I try to look at it mathematically. He is about number 450 on a list of more than 650 in a state that has executed 13-persons in 45-years. Usually, I don’t put much energy thinking about the killer at all.

<Christine2448> Truly asked: Hello Mark, and thank you for taking the time to consider our questions. I would like to ask your opinion of the http://neverlosehopefoundation.

<Christine2448> A: They are too new for me to form an opinion. As a rule of thumb, the KlaasKids Foundation rarely endorses or forms partnerships with organizations that have been in existence for less that 2-years. One exception that comes to mind is the Jessica Lunsford Foundation.

<Christine2448> Clodagh asked: Given the unusual circumstances and actors in the Anthony case, do you think that Cindy, George and Lee should be consulting with a forensic psychiatrist?

<Christine2448> A: Probably; that sounds like a good suggestion.
It seems that all three of these people have been saying incredibly inappropriate and contradictory things to the media, and they have been wholly ineffective in coercing Casey to tell the truth. Wouldn't a professional provide them with the proper communication tools for talking to Casey AND the media?

<Christine2448> Nocgirl asked: In light of Colorado authorities officially clearing JonBenet Ramsay's parents of any involvement in her murder, who do you think killed the little girl? Do you think her parents had any involvement in her death, even though they have been cleared?

<Christine2448> A: I do not know the events that transpired in the Ramsey home that fateful night, but I do believe that the parents were responsible for her death and the eventual cover-up. That is where the evidence points.

<Christine2448> I am also curious what your thoughts are in the Johnny Gosch case. Do you believe Noreen's claim that Johnny visited her in 1997 and that he is still alive? Who do you think is responsible for his abduction and do you think a large scale pedophile ring is involved?

<Christine2448> A: Beyond seeing the pictures of a boy bound who is supposed to be Johnny Gosch I don’t know enough about the case to have an informed opinion. Pedophile rings do exist and human trafficking does exist.

<Christine2448> Amster asked: My question is about police procedures. In a case such as the Anthony one, are the family encouraged, discouraged or neither from going on shows like Greta, Nancy Grace, etc.? Is there any concern that they will inadvertently say something to hurt the case?

<Christine2448> A: The police can have varying opinions on media participation. In our case they did not encourage us to use the media, but neither did they dissuade us from going to the media. Again, it is a free country and one can do as one pleases.

<Christine2448> Speaking of Nancy Grace....do you have an opinion about the lawsuit against her?

<Christine2448> A: No.

<Christine2448> OK, that was everyting Marc answered ahead of time
I am now going to post new questions
<Christine2448> marc?
<Christine2448> tricia?
<Tricia> I'm here
<PollyDad> Yes, I'm here.
<Tricia> Marc
<Christine2448> k one sec then we will roll
<Tricia> Ok. Christine tell us how it will work
<PollyDad> Hi Tricia.
<Tricia> Doing great Marc. Thank you! Busiest chat ever in our history
[<PollyDad> Yeehaw!!
<Tricia> I can just see you standing on your desk yelling that out.
<Tricia> LOL
<PollyDad> Singing to the choir.
<WindChime> :) Hi Marc

<Christine2448> Post4ed by donnam
[<Christine2448> First, thank you very much for taking the time to be here.
I admire you for all your great work and am truly humbled by you being here.
I would like to know what you think of the Trenton Duckett case. Do you believe he is (as speculated/rumored) alive in Korea with family,or do you believe he was murdered at the hands of his mother or someone else?
Thank you again,
Donna
New Jersey

<PollyDad> I believe that he was murdered at the hands of his mother, and perhaps somebody else.

<Christine2448> Posted by koldcase
Has Mark heard any opinions from other LE agencies in the nation regarding Mary Lacy's recent "clearing" of the Ramseys based on the "touch" DNA?

<PollyDad> I think that she knew that she wasn't going to get away with. That's why she killed herself. I haven't heard anything from other LE agencies, but I think that Mary Lacy and everything that she believes is pure nonsense.
<PollyDad> She seems infatuated with JR.
<PollyDad> and he's just a snarky turd!

<Tricia> LOL

<Christine2448> Beyondbelief
Mr. Klaas, always Pollys's dad to me, my question is simply, "how are you doing?"

<PollyDad> I'm doing well.
<PollyDad> Violet and I have been doing this for 15 years now. Her legacy is our therapy.

<Christine2448> 2nd question from koldcase
I have a personal question, if it's not too....
How is Mark himself? He takes a huge burden in his work. I can't imagine how tough he has to be to withstand facing down such evil every day.

<PollyDad> We lead very interesting lives. We have focus and we have a righteous cause.
<PollyDad> Ya, I'm going to have a martini after we finish.

<Christine2448> Posted by No hat
<Christine2448> Mr. Klaas,
Just wanted to let you know and hope to do it appropriately so, that Polly would be so very proud of you today as well as from the day she went missing.
My question for you is will you be attending the Laughing for Laci event for Laci Peterson in Modesto & do you know what kind of news coverage will be involved? Do you ever contact other victims' families such as the Rochas?
Thank you for all you do. I watch you regularly on the Nancy Grace Show and you truly are an inspiration.

<PollyDad> Tricia knows. We have had martini's more than once.
<Christine2448> liltigress
<Christine2448> Welcome Marc!
I would like to know what you would say to George and Cindy Anthony if you had the opportunity. Given your straight forward approach, do you think you would be able to get them to take the blinders off and educate them on how to speak to their daughter to get her to tell the truth?
And what do you think about these vigils for Caylee?
Thank you so much for visiting us.

<PollyDad> I won't be attending the Laci event.
<PollyDad> Usually such events in Modesto are sponsored by the Sund Carrington Foundation.
<PollyDad> These days it is prohibitive as it is 100 miles each way.

<PollyDad> I think that George and Cindy, particularly Cindy, should take some time off. She is not doing anybody favors by continuing to use TV to attack everyone elso.
<PollyDad> Maybe a long weekend away.
<PollyDad> Learn not to talk too much.

<Christine2448> In cases of older children, or tweens, say 11-17, one of the biggest problems is there seems to be a hesitancy by LE to enact the alert where it is an older child I assume because it is not that uncommon for a kid that age to be less kept track of by the parents among other reasons. In Carlie Bruscia's case this was a factor.
Do you have any thoughts about how to address that issue?

<Christine2448> I could pen (e) about 100 questions, thanks and God Bless.
<PollyDad> Understand that everybody else wants to bring Caylee home too.
<PollyDad> Well, everyone but Casey.

<Christine2448> sorry, blink34 posted that

<PollyDad> But, on the other hand, girls 11-15 are the most vulnerable demographic in our population.
<Christine2448> OK now i will take pms
<Christine2448> i will post in order rec'd
<Christine2448> pm me to talk to mark
<Christine2448> may even let you in here one on one ;)

<PollyDad> They tried to convince us that Polly had run away with a boyfriend.
<PollyDad> It can be le's excuse for every disappearance. "Oh, she probably just ran away and will return in a couple of days."

<Christine2448> double click on my name on the left and ask away

<Christine2448> *MagicRose99* Ask how we can help with his foundation please!

<PollyDad> Thank you for asking. You know, this is a very tough time for non-profit organizations just as it is a tough time for everyone else.

<PollyDad> Our events are way down from last year.
<PollyDad> We would gratefully accept monetary donations at this time.
<PollyDad> We are a non-profit, so all donations are tax deductible.
progress.gif

<Christine2448> it has just been revealed that there was a flurry of calls between Casey, cindy, and george. on the 16th, and 17. All 1 minute apart, Do you have any ideas if this may be imortant in the case?
<Christine2448> from ladybass

<PollyDad> If we are ever in your city conducting a search feel free to volunteer and to introduce yourself. Our S&R director is also very aware of Websleuths as well as being a good friend of Tricia.

<PollyDad> Wow! I hadn't heard that before. Who knows in this case?

<Christine2448> Does Marc think we will ever see legislation where pyshics are taken to task for preying on families of the missing?
<Christine2448> from elphabaws

<PollyDad> Like that *advertiser censored* Sylvia Brown. It will probably never happen, but I would support such legislation.

<Christine2448> bookbakery
<Christine2448> Marc, Is your organization registered with Ebay so people can donate a percentage of their sales?

<PollyDad> No, I don't think so.
<PollyDad> I haven't heard about that.

<Christine2448> marc ^5 on sylvia!
<Christine2448> LMAO

<PollyDad> She is grotesque. She told Shawn Hornbeck's parents that Shawn was dead on Montel.

<Christine2448> ince you were advised against it--are you skeptical of victims families who lawyer up right away?
<PollyDad> Yes I am.
<PollyDad> Lawyers serve clients, not the truth.

<Christine2448> that shocks me, I always thought I'd lawyer up, you make me think

<PollyDad> That is the problem with injecting lawyers into missing child cases.

<Christine2448> *Moxie* I remember when Winona Ryder helped the Klaas family with their search for Polly. Marc, do you and Winona still keep in touch now?

<PollyDad> Look at the families that have done that. Ramsey, Eisenberg...

<PollyDad> Yes, I love Winona.
<PollyDad> She was treated very badly by Mark Geragos/
<PollyDad> Her case never should have gone to trial.

<Christine2448> *Thrs0806* Does Mark read at websleuths?

<PollyDad> He guaranteed that if she pled not guilty she would not be convicted and she would not go to jail.
<PollyDad> Woops!!!
<PollyDad> Yes, I do on occasion.

<Christine2448> not everyday??
<chico> w00t
<PollyDad> No, not every day.
<Tricia> LOL
<Christine2448> ;)
<Tricia> He is forgiven:)
<PollyDad> Hehehe!!!!
<WindChime> lol

<Christine2448> *Ames* Mark, so in the Ramsey case, you believe there was no intruder?

<PollyDad> No intruder.
<PollyDad> Just the family.

<Christine2448> *XXXXX* I would like to offer Marc and his foundation my help with any spanish translations he might need. I can't give money, but I can give my time. Please don't say this publically. A PM to him will be fine.

<Christine2448> oops
<chico> lol
<Tricia> WHOOPS
<Tricia> No one saw that. I swear
<Tricia> LOL
<PollyDad> Hey, I heard that. Or, saw that.
<Tricia> LOL

<PollyDad> We can talk.
<PollyDad> We have a Spanish language website you know.
<PollyDad> KlaasKids espanol.

<Christine2448> *ordinarylife* I understand how requesting a lawyer could be a red flag, but given the cynical times, should it always be viewed that way? Even if I had absolutely nothing to hide, I would still feel I would need counsel.

<PollyDad> I see. Well to tell the truth, I am a cynical guy.
<PollyDad> I use lawyers all the time.
<PollyDad> But, I didn't then. I wanted one thing. The truth. A lawyer would have been a barier to that goal.

<Christine2448> *nocgirl* hi, is there a particular missing kids case that has gone unsolved that particularly interests/bothers him the most

<PollyDad> The Jacob Wetterling case.
<PollyDad> The Molly Bish case.
<PollyDad> The Christina Williams case.
<PollyDad> The Amber Hagerman case.
<PollyDad> Amber Schwartz, Mikala Garrett, Eileen Bishoff, Nicki Campbell, Kevin Collins...
<PollyDad> None of those cases have been solved. There are killers at large.

<Christine2448> *softsoul* Have you ever talked with the family of Brianna Denison? Any thoughts on if/when her killer will be caught?

<PollyDad> I was just invited to speak at a fundraiser in Reno that her mother put together. We worked on that case by providing S&R expertise. Yes, I know them. She was a beautiful girl who was full of life.
<PollyDad> I hope that her killer will be caught.

<Christine2448> *Anubis* Does he support the death penalty and what does he think should be done about Californias DP sit n wait?

<PollyDad> I figure that most of these killers spend time in prison for other crimes.
<PollyDad> Hell ya' to the death penalty.
<PollyDad> They should streamline the appeals process.
<PollyDad> Over the past 2 years the USA executed 1.5% of the inmates on death row.
<PollyDad> I'd like to see that percentage upped to 100%.
<PollyDad> Snuff those ****ers.
<Tricia> tell us how you really feel?
<PollyDad> LOL!!!!
<Christine2448> lol
<PollyDad> You crack me up.

<Christine2448> *koldkase* How many families has your foundation helped through the years, if you know?

<PollyDad> Oh, I have no idea at all.
<PollyDad> Is 'a bunch' a number?
<Tricia> Sure.LOL
<PollyDad> Tricia knows, we work with a lot of families.
<Tricia> Yes you do
<PollyDad> At one time Brad had a caseload of 62 families alone.
<Tricia> And they all are so grateful to your foundation
<PollyDad> We sincerely try to help.
<Tricia> KlaasKids jumps in and helps in their greatest time of need.
<PollyDad> In any way we can.
<PollyDad> It is what Polly would want us to do.
<Tricia> KlaasKids is one in a million. There is a number for you :)

<Christine2448> ] *tamfish* What is the #1 thing we, as regular citizens, can do to help keep our communities and our children safe?

<PollyDad> I know that for a fact.

<PollyDad> Work with others. Others in your family, neighborhood, community, church, workplace, fraternal organization.
<PollyDad> You see, this is a huge problem with no easy answers. Pieces of the answer lies in all of those areas.

<Tricia> Marc perhaps you can tell our members some of the suggestions you have on the back of the print-a-thon paper. I think those are wonderful

<PollyDad> Well we have tried to dispell the myth of stranger danger.
<PollyDad> We have substituted the following pieces of advice.

<PollyDad> 1. Always check with your parents first.
<PollyDad> Unless you are over 21.
<PollyDad> Always be outside with at least one other person.
<PollyDad> That was 2.
<PollyDad> 3. Trust your feelings.
<PollyDad> 4. If it feels wrong put physical distance between you and the cause of your anxiety.
<PollyDad> 5. Most strangers will help a child in crisis out of their jam. And, that includes most men.
<PollyDad> 6. If you are in a retail situation go to an employee or security guard for assistance.
<PollyDad> 7. If you have a kid 10 or older, they should have their own cellphone.
<PollyDad> That'
<PollyDad> s it.
<PollyDad> For those.

<Tricia> Ok Thank you Marc
<Tricia> More questions on the way

<justme_19862002> do u think caylee is alive or dead and do u believe the gp are covering for casey

<PollyDad> K.

<PollyDad> I believe, based on the stench in the car, that Caylee is dead.
<PollyDad> I think that the gp are afraid of losing everything. Their daughter as well as their granddaughter.
<PollyDad> I feel terribly for them.

<Christine2448> *nocgirl* I am also curious what Marc thinks about the Madeleine Mccann case and if her parents had anything to do with it

<PollyDad> They were negligent the day that she disappeared. They left their 3 young children unattended in an unlocked room that was not within eyesight of where they were sitting.
<PollyDad> Don't you think that is unbelievable?
<PollyDad> Beyond that I do not believe that they are involved.

<> We've got a question via email from Lindseywhitewolf
First, I am new to this website, so I hope that I so this correctly.
1. I want to ask Marc if the police, or the family are using the services of a single, or team of psychic's? I know that many investigations have benefited from this additional source. In the end of course it is the police work that solves a crime, but many sources of information/tips assist them.

2. The cadaver dog(s) scented on the trunk, yes? Are there expanded/other
areas they are using the dogs? I am really asking if there are new leads,
that have given the police an expanded area to search?

Lastly, I would just like to add my thanks to Marc Klaas for his continued
hard work.

<Tricia> Marc, this is about Caylee's case. A lot of questions so we will give you a time to answer. When you are through please post the end.

<PollyDad> I don't believe in psychics. I believe that the cadaver dogs scented on the trunk of the car.
<PollyDad> No expanded areas to search as far as I know.

<PollyDad> Ok. I don't have a lot of time left though.
[20:00] <Christine2448> K
[20:00] <Christine2448> enough
[20:00] <PollyDad> I would love to come back and do this again sometime though.
[20:00] <PollyDad> Maybe next month.
[20:00] <Tricia> Marc you have an open invitation to do so
[20:00] <chico> that would be wonderful!
[20:00] <PollyDad> I can work it out with Tricia.
[20:00] <Tricia> Thank you so much
[20:00] <Tricia> Let me give the address to your site
[20:00] <PollyDad> Cool!
[20:00] <Tricia> www.klaaskids.org
[20:00] <animal04216> which by the way is posted in the welcome message
[20:01] <Tricia> I know people want to help and I will tell them that KlaasKids could use a donation or two.
[20:01] <Christine2448> ty Marc
[20:01] <PollyDad> You are the best.
[20:01] <Christine2448> you are!
[20:01] <Tricia> They do so much for free.
[20:01] <Tricia> Give my love to Violet Marc. Thank you
[20:01] <PollyDad> We try to include every child.
[20:01] <PollyDad> Not every child can afford...well, you know.
[20:01] <Christine2448> love to you Marc..thanks for all you do!
[20:01] <Tricia> You are an amazing person. I know you hate this but...you are my hero and a hero to many others
[20:01] <PollyDad> K. I really enjoyed myself guys. We shall talk again.
[20:01] <Christine2448> chico is opening the chat
[20:02] * PollyDad has quit IRC (Quit: )
progress.gif

If we missed a question that you Pm'd me during chat, please post on Questions for Mark thread and I am going to email to him.

I am sorry I could not get all your posts. But I will get answers and post as I can.

First Q&A being posted next..maybe repeats from chat, but, going to post in case I missed someone's question.

awesome chat!! Thanks for posting this and for having him chat with WS!! :)

Thanks for sharing this with us!!!!:blowkiss:

Thanks so much for the Transcript Christine. Good questions, quick answers. I like this guy..........always' have.

I'm so sorry that he think's Cayley Anthony is dead. I feel that way
myself. :(
xxxxxxxxooooo
mama
:blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

Some of these are repeats from chat. To get the chat started I posted things he had already answered the day before via email. I may have missed posting some of othes in the chat so I am posting the entire Q&A here for reading. (sorry for the repeats)

Toms girl asked: With so many missing children, how do you pick which cases to become involved with personally?

A: The KlaasKids Foundation enters cases in three ways. We have to be invited to participate by the family or by law enforcement. In these cases our involvement can involve anything from family support or counseling to supporting search efforts. The third way that we become involved, as in the current case involving Caylee Anthony, is through our relationship with media.

Misty M asked: Were you advised to get legal counsel while the LE were "investigating" your possible involvement in your daughters case? (As I know that parents are often the first people investigators will try to clear).

A: One of my best friends and one of the first people to arrive on the scene is a deputy City Attorney for San Jose. He advised me not to get an attorney as we both knew that I had done nothing wrong.

In your experiences, do you come across parents of missing children who appear to be unemotional, uncaring or 'hinky' as we would say, but ended up being innocent?

A: Not really. The loss of a child is overwhelming and in those kinds of experiences it is very difficult to hide emotion. That being said, numerous parents, including myself have not cried on camera or in other public venues.

Do you find it odd that LE, independent organizations, and everyday people are not actively searching for little Caylee's remains, considering most of the media seems to already portray her as 'gone' with evidence of decomposition in the car of her mother/grandparents?

A: Where are they supposed to look? It is a very big world and she is a very little girl.

Bam asked: Do you think George, Cindy, and or Lee, knew of Caylee&#8217;s disappearance before the 911 call? Do you think any of them are directly or indirectly involved in a cover-up in to what may have happened to Caylee? I notice George Anthony never call Caylee by her name, but reference her to little girl, child, and such.

A: From what I know, none of Casey&#8217;s relatives knew that Caylee was missing prior to Casey&#8217;s admission. I believe that the family is disintegrating before our eyes and the family, with Cindy taking the lead, is desperately trying to justify the unjustifiable. The truth lays with Casey and Casey alone.

Txsvicki asked: How do you think posters on message boards should discuss missing people as far as theories, persons of interest, family members, etc.?

A: However they want. We live in a free country. Remember though, Elizabeth Smart proves that some cases are successfully returned. Polly Klaas, Elizabeth Smart and Jessica Lunsford prove that the burden of safety cannot be placed upon the shoulders of kids and that every kid is at risk. Not every parent is guilty despite initial appearances.

Bobby62 asked: How can I, as Joe Citizen, help in the physical search for Caylee. I live fairly close, have a truck and ATV and know how to get to Hopespring drive. In the search I am speaking of I am assuming the worst.

A: Again it is a big world and she is a little girl. There is really nothing that can be done until law enforcement has some indication of where to search. I do not recommend independent searches.

Susieclue asked: What possible reason could there be for no sketch of Zenaida to be released to the public?

A: Casey has not provided one.

Salem asked: What are your thoughts on the Madeleine McCann case out of Portugal, now that the legal inquiry has been archived? Do you think Maddie will be found?

A: I think that her parents were irresponsible for not protecting their children. There may be a break in the case that will result in determining what actually happened. However, that becomes less likely as time passes.

In the Mya Lyons case from Chicago, LE seems to think it was a member of the household that killed Mya. Have you heard of this case and do you have any thoughts about what is happening? LE is being very tight lipped, so to speak.

A: I am not aware of this case.

In the Caylee Anthony case, do you think any other members of the family were involved?

A: No, I don&#8217;t.

Alwayshocked asked: Do any of the TV hosts upon whose programs you make appearances ever get upset with you because of your consistent "straight talk" regarding how you feel about a case?

A: Not that I am aware of. At least nobody has said anything to me.

Do you have to watch out for legal liability regarding your statements (not that any of these creeps actually ever sue anybody) or are you like us posters on websleuths - as long as it is your own personal opinion, you can state what you actually feel?

A: One has to be clear when one is making a personal opinion and one has to guard against slander. Remember, Gary Condit sued Dominick Dunn.

Evan&#8217;s mom asked: My question is simple, do you hold out any hope that Caylee is still alive or do you think that we're just searching for her little body at this point?

A: Based on the stench in the truck I believe that she is dead, but I could be wrong. Hopefully I am.

Riverrat asked: Have you ever considered how you, your life, might have been different had you NOT became a part of Victim Advocacy? Not to mention the state of America and how we would be now without your help........

A: Thank you for the kind words. Prior to Polly&#8217;s abduction I was a small businessman. I made money, had happy relationships and lived a good life. However, I was intellectually adrift. Polly&#8217;s death gave me purpose, vision and grounding. I am a better man now that I was then. Unfortunately, the price one sometimes pays for direction is far too high. I would revert back to the snarky dude of 15-years ago in a heartbeat if I could have my baby back.

Dr. Doogie asked: How far down the required chain of events are we to finally seeing Richard Allen Davis actual get the needle? Has he received a "death penalty appeal approved" attorney yet? Has an appeal been filed? Has it been reviewed by the Appeals Court yet?

A: I try to look at it mathematically. He is about number 450 on a list of more than 650 in a state that has executed 13-persons in 45-years. Usually, I don&#8217;t put much energy thinking about the killer at all.

Truly asked: Hello Mark, and thank you for taking the time to consider our questions. I would like to ask your opinion of the http://neverlosehopefoundation.

A: They are too new for me to form an opinion. As a rule of thumb, the KlaasKids Foundation rarely endorses or forms partnerships with organizations that have been in existence for less that 2-years. One exception that comes to mind is the Jessica Lunsford Foundation.

Clodagh asked: Given the unusual circumstances and actors in the Anthony case, do you think that Cindy, George and Lee should be consulting with a forensic psychiatrist?

A: Probably; that sounds like a good suggestion.

It seems that all three of these people have been saying incredibly inappropriate and contradictory things to the media, and they have been wholly ineffective in coercing Casey to tell the truth. Wouldn't a professional provide them with the proper communication tools for talking to Casey AND the media?

A: See above.

Nocgirl asked: In light of Colorado authorities officially clearing JonBenet Ramsay's parents of any involvement in her murder, who do you think killed the little girl? Do you think her parents had any involvement in her death, even though they have been cleared?

A: I do not know the events that transpired in the Ramsey home that fateful night, but I do believe that the parents were responsible for her death and the eventual cover-up. That is where the evidence points.

I am also curious what your thoughts are in the Johnny Gosch case. Do you believe Noreen's claim that Johnny visited her in 1997 and that he is still alive? Who do you think is responsible for his abduction and do you think a large scale pedophile ring is involved?

A: Beyond seeing the pictures of a boy bound who is supposed to be Johnny Gosch I don&#8217;t know enough about the case to have an informed opinion. Pedophile rings do exist and human trafficking does exist.

Amster asked: My question is about police procedures. In a case such as the Anthony one, are the family encouraged, discouraged or neither from going on shows like Greta, Nancy Grace, etc.? Is there any concern that they will inadvertently say something to hurt the case?

A: The police can have varying opinions on media participation. In our case they did not encourage us to use the media, but neither did they dissuade us from going to the media. Again, it is a free country and one can do as one pleases.

Speaking of Nancy Grace....do you have an opinion about the lawsuit against her?

A: No.

Wonderful transcript!

Marc never minces words..... if more people were like that, this world would be a much better place.

Much thanks to Marc, Tricia, Christine & everyone else who helped this chat happen!

Thank you for posting the transcripts. I was so bummed when I got booted off and could not get back in!

He and Mark Lunsford are my heroes. They are who I want to grow up to be--well except I want to be the female version. :) Oh also without the personal tragedy--I want to stop them from happening to anyone!!!!

I would also like to say THANK YOU to Tricia, Christine, all the mods and of course Marc for taking the time to do the chat. I enjoyed reading the transcript, thank you for posting it as well for those of us who missed the chat!

Let me tell you, Christine worked so hard at getting the questions ready, typing them sending them to Marc, getting the chat set up among a million other things. All of this with a full time job and a sick little one at home.

Chico was the director. She had to put up with me getting lost on the chat pages and freaking out. She worked her behind off too.

worked a ton behind the scenes. He never stops helping. Of course he made sure to tease and annoy me at every possible chance last night but that is part of his job description.

Animal was working her behind off both on the chat and in real life. Animal is so dependable and a very hard worker, we couldn't do anything in chat with out her.

Windchime is our all around do everything at all hours of the day and night person. She never stops working on WS. Just like with the chat last night. She was there ready and more than willing to do whatever needed to be done.

What did I do? Hmmm. Chatted with Marc and had fun.

Somehow, this all seems a little uneven in the duty category. ;)

In all my life I have never had the pleasure of working with such a warm, caring, honest, and hard working group, as the moderators at WS. I feel so blessed and lucky that sometimes I sit back and just can't believe such wonderful people came in my life. I thank God for them every day.

Thanks to Websleuths and our sister forum Forums for Justice for your enthusiastic participation.

I am working on getting Wendy Murphy for our next chat.

Thanks again everyone. It was a blast.

I would like to express my appreciation to Tricia & the gang for all the extra effort involved in preparation for last night's "conversation"..... i had a distraction with about 15 minutes left in the broadcast & was happy to read here tonight, what i had missed.

YEA YA'LL !!!!!!!
great work (as we have come to expect) at Ws !!!

Totally awesome -- and thank you for sharing with those of us who weren't able to participate :blowkiss:

I could have sworn i remember someone asking if Marc kept in touch with Polly's friends from that fateful night--I cannot find a response to this...was it my imagination?

Thank you WS staff for the transcript as I couldn't be present for the chat. Marc's answers are very insightful. I learned a lot.

Great questions by the members, too!

Bravo!!! Excellent!! The questions were great and the answers given by Marc were very insightful, intelligent, and complete. (I didn't know he was so witty either!) A brilliant job, WS and Marc! Thanks, Everyone!

Thanks for posting the log. I sincerely hate that I missed it and will look forward to him coming back possibly next month!

I could have sworn i remember someone asking if Marc kept in touch with Polly's friends from that fateful night--I cannot find a response to this...was it my imagination?

I don't remember that question... I remember he was asked if he kept in touch with Wynona and he said yes...

That was me. I asked the question in the thread where we posted questions in advance of the chat.

I wasn't able to make it to the chat, and therefore the question did not get asked during the chat.

Sorry :(

Thank you to all that were involved with the chat with Marc Klaas!

It was insightful and for me, gave me a better understanding of his views and who he truly is.

:applause:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back