Why are there NO active searches for Caylee????

Status
Not open for further replies.

manatee

Reaction score
Does anyone know why LE is not conducting grid searches? Why volunteers are not out searching daily like in other recent cases (ducket, casse)? This is driving me crazy!!!!:bang:

You would think that even if Caylee is dead finding her remains should be top priority. In the Lacy Peterson case, investigators never gave up. I don't get it. Something does not add up here.
:confused:

I wonder that also. So sad. Wish someone from le would give a statement answering that one.

I imagine there are no searches because they don't have the slightest clue where to look. Sad.

I would suggest that they start in the locations where her cellphone pings from June 15th-June 18th - just for a start.

I would suggest that they start in the locations where her cellphone pings from June 15th-June 18th - just for a start.

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but -- why would they start tearing up Florida when there's not even been the slightest clue or any hard evidence that this child is deceased? When you say "search," doesn't that imply to search for a dead body? And if it doesn't mean to search for a dead body, there are no clues to search for an alive Caylee. There is nothing. You can't search if you don't know where to begin.

And here comes the unpopular part:

As much as people say "my heart goes out to this family" and "I have grown to love this little girl" and blah blah, the truth is ---- if the little girl isn't your OWN, you're not going to start tearing up the earth to find her. You just aren't, and you haven't. (I mean generically "you" -- not you personally.)

I want to find a few million dollars.
Where should I start looking for it?

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but -- why would they start tearing up Florida when there's not even been the slightest clue or any hard evidence that this child is deceased? When you say "search," doesn't that imply to search for a dead body? And if it doesn't mean to search for a dead body, there are no clues to search for an alive Caylee. There is nothing. You can't search if you don't know where to begin.

And here comes the unpopular part:

As much as people say "my heart goes out to this family" and "I have grown to love this little girl" and blah blah, the truth is ---- if the little girl isn't your OWN, you're not going to start tearing up the earth to find her. You just aren't, and you haven't. (I mean generically "you" -- not you personally.)

I want to find a few million dollars.
Where should I start looking for it?

They certainly do have clues. Casey's cell phone records and witness reports. Casey mentioned Universal and Blanchard park, both good places to start! They can search Epasssunpass if she traveled.
Grids are usually constructed and search teams are sent out. At the very least voluntees meet up and split up to search. All I am saying is it is highly unusual, based on previous cases, that no lakes, ponds, woods are beign searched as they have been done in the most recent cases. Again, investigators for Lacy never gave up! At the very least I would hope for a thorough search of area parks and lakes to ruled out those areas if nothing more.
I find this infuriating.:furious:

They certainly do have clues. Casey's cell phone records and witness reports. Casey mentioned Universal and Blanchard park, both good places to start! They can search Epasssunpass if she traveled.
Grids are usually constructed and search teams are sent out. At the very least voluntees meet up and split up to search. All I am saying is it is highly unusual, based on previous cases, that no lakes, ponds, woods are beign searched as they have been done in the most recent cases. Again, investigators for Lacy never gave up! At the very least I would hope for a thorough search of area parks and lakes to ruled out those areas if nothing more.

manatee: I don't see why you are so angry. With all due respect, Casey and Cindy have mentioned alot of things that could send people on wild goose chases. They told the police to search all over the state for this Zenaida woman, and they've never found her, and Cindy mentioned "connections" other states. There was also the alleged sighting at the Atlanta Airport. Should they start searching there? Cindy believed it!

There's just no starting point for rivers and lakes. No one ever saw Casey near a river, lake, or pond. It would be a wasted effort to do all that randomly.

One other thing - Lacy was a grown pregnant woman. She had a habit of taking walks in the park, and that's why they searched there to begin with. Then they got tips about certain lakes. But Caylee is just a baby - she didn't walk anywhere by herself, so it's more productive to get more info from her mother than to run around searching.

I agree that its ridiculous they aren't looking for Caylee. As I have mentioned in other threads they searched for Danielle Van Dam here for weeks and San Diego is a huge county. They evenwent out to the deserts where Westerfield claimed to go that weekend. She wasn't found anywhere near the desert. It took a couple of weeks but they found her. They have lots of points of interest they can start looking. The cell phone pings, near Universal, near the park she mentions, near her home, near Amscott (the best bet). They have searched for lots of the missing like a needle in a haystack but have found many of them. How about the dump? They searched for Lauri Hacking for days and days in a landfill but they found a part of her. This is the first missing child case where I have never seen a search going on. I think it is due to what someone mentions above. The dislike of some of the family and what has gone on in the case and the mother sitting in jail quietly not talking. But its the little girl we should all care about.

I agree that its ridiculous they aren't looking for Caylee. As I have mentioned in other threads they searched for Danielle Van Dam here for weeks and San Diego is a huge county. They evenwent out to the deserts where Westerfield claimed to go that weekend. She wasn't found anywhere near the desert. It took a couple of weeks but they found her. They have lots of points of interest they can start looking. The cell phone pings, near Universal, near the park she mentions, near her home, near Amscott (the best bet). They have searched for lots of the missing like a needle in a haystack but have found many of them. How about the dump? They searched for Lauri Hacking for days and days in a landfill but they found a part of her. This is the first missing child case where I have never seen a search going on. I think it is due to what someone mentions above. The dislike of some of the family and what has gone on in the case and the mother sitting in jail quietly not talking. But its the little girl we should all care about.

But in that case, you had parents who reported her missing immediately. In this case, the mother admitted to keeping it quiet for a month.

So yes, I dislike the fact that this mother didn't call the police the minute Caylee disappeared. That is an unlikable thing. And it certainly doesn't help with the searching, does it?

Also, this is Florida in the summer, with alligators and rattlesnakes, and hot days when a body would decompose quickly. With no clue as to where to look, and after a month, where do they start?

Caylee has been missing for over a month, in that time Casey has been in many places, how would they even know were to start looking? They searched for Laci because supposidly from what they were told she dissapeared while walking her dog/ they had an area to search. They don't have any of that with Caylee she could be anywhere.

But in that case, you had parents who reported her missing immediately. In this case, the mother admitted to keeping it quiet for a month.

So yes, I dislike the fact that this mother didn't call the police the minute Caylee disappeared. That is an unlikable thing. And it certainly doesn't help with the searching, does it?

Also, this is Florida in the summer, with alligators and rattlesnakes, and hot days when a body would decompose quickly. With no clue as to where to look, and after a month, where do they start?

Thoughfox : I know what your are saying. But as a mother of four, I cannot imagine letting days go by without active search teams!!!! We have several clues as to where to look. Jay blanchard park is a great place to start. If nothing else to rule places out.
Do you know of any other missing child/person case where there was no active search teams out either volunteer or police? I can't find one! At least, if nothing else, to look like your are at least trying to find her.

For those who keep mentioning Jay Blanchard, I do not believe Caylee is there. Around the time that Caylee went missing (if we are to assume between the 15th and later) there was an increase in police presence and investigators investigating the murder of Nicole G. I would look elsewhere imho

Please compare this case, with regards to LE not searching, to another similar case where the missing person wasn't reported missing for 31 days, was then not reported by her caregiver but by the grandmother, the caregiver (Casey) has been arrested but still refuses to give info that has enough (if any) facts that any help LE, the caregiver says she knows who has her but can't tell.....

Yes, they can search near the phone pings from the critical days in June, but just as easily as being near the pings Caylee could be many, many miles away in ANY direction. If LE is going to believe any of what Casey says, (which I doubt) then Caylee is alive and with someone and that someone might not stay in one place.

Then there's also the previously mentioned fact that 31 days in Florida summer heat would be plenty of time for a body to completely decompose, in fact there wouldn't be anything left but bones if the body was left in water or out in the open. "Body remains" dogs could find the bones, but again, just where would you search????

Also, remember that LE has results from the fluids in the trunk and if those are human decomp fluids then they quite possibly they belong to Caylee ( I don't think DNA is back on those yet). Assuming they are human decomp fluids and knowing that Casey isn't talking, why would LE go on a search? The only way they'll find Caylee is when someone (with knowledge) starts talking.

There are active searches for Caylee. When LE gets a credible tip, they search. But it's not as salacious for the gossipy news shows to focus on LE's efforts as it is to focus on the goofy behavior of Cindy and George. The media are promoting the three-ring-circus aspect of this case, over the very real efforts that are ongoing in Florida to find the child.

Local6 said:
ORLANDO, Fla. -- For the second time in two days, Orange County sheriff's deputies and K-9 units performed a search for Caylee Anthony, the missing 3-year-old Orlando girl who was reported missing in mid-July but hasn't been seen since mid-June.

Orange County sheriff's deputies on Tuesday requested the assistance of Osceola County's K-9 unit and searched a wooded area near the home of Caylee's grandparents, George and Cindy Anthony.

The search was called off and nothing was believed to have been found, Local 6 News reported. More at link...

http://www.local6.com/news/17169920/detail.html

Please compare this case, with regards to LE not searching, to another similar case where the missing person wasn't reported missing for 31 days, was then not reported by her caregiver but by the grandmother, the caregiver (Casey) has been arrested but still refuses to give info that has enough (if any) facts that any help LE, the caregiver says she knows who has her but can't tell.....

Yes, they can search near the phone pings from the critical days in June, but just as easily as being near the pings Caylee could be many, many miles away in ANY direction. If LE is going to believe any of what Casey says, (which I doubt) then Caylee is alive and with someone and that someone might not stay in one place.

Then there's also the previously mentioned fact that 31 days in Florida summer heat would be plenty of time for a body to completely decompose, in fact there wouldn't be anything left but bones if the body was left in water or out in the open. "Body remains" dogs could find the bones, but again, just where would you search????

Also, remember that LE has results from the fluids in the trunk and if those are human decomp fluids then they quite possibly they belong to Caylee ( I don't think DNA is back on those yet). Assuming they are human decomp fluids and knowing that Casey isn't talking, why would LE go on a search? The only way they'll find Caylee is when someone (with knowledge) starts talking.

I'm sure having the remains would be an important part of this case. Not doing anythign is irresponsible IMO
Can you find one case where there where no active search teams?

There are active searches for Caylee. When LE gets a credible tip, they search. But it's not as salacious for the gossipy news shows to focus on LE's efforts as it is to focus on the goofy behavior of Cindy and George. The media are promoting the three-ring-circus aspect of this case, over the very real efforts that are ongoing in Florida to find the child.

http://www.local6.com/news/17169920/detail.html

Well good! finally. What took them so long? Hopefully more will go on.

For those who keep mentioning Jay Blanchard, I do not believe Caylee is there. Around the time that Caylee went missing (if we are to assume between the 15th and later) there was an increase in police presence and investigators investigating the murder of Nicole G. I would look elsewhere imho

Nicole was found 24 hrs after she went missing in early june. Way before Caylee, if I recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk