World's tallest woman, 53, dies in Indiana

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
Sandy Allen, who used her height to inspire schoolchildren to accept those who are different, died at a nursing home in her hometown of Shelbyville, Indiana, family friend Rita Rose said.
The cause of death was not yet known. Allen had been hospitalized in recent months as she suffered from a recurring blood infection, along with diabetes, breathing troubles and kidney failure, Rose said.
In London, Guinness World Records spokesman Damian Field confirmed Wednesday that Allen was still listed as the tallest woman. Some Web sites cite a 7-foot-9 woman (2.36 meters) from China.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/08/13/tallest.woman.ap/index.html

God Bless her. So many of us fuss over a little gray hair or few extra pounds or nose that is a millimeter too long but Sandy lived a life that was truly unique and she it was uncommon grace.

Awe, how sad. I saw a documentary about her not too long ago. She was a sweet soul.

I hate that she died. It sounds like she was a real blessing to others. What a nice person she was.

I've met her a couple of times. She was a truly genuine person. May she rest in peace.

In the documentary I saw about her she seemed like a lovely woman. This is very sad news. She is gone far too soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back