What was Casey's plan?

manatee

Reaction score
If Casey had a premeditated plan...what was it? It was obviously not a very good plan.
Lets see: Murder my baby. borrow a shovel from neighbor. Bury baby somewhere. return shovel. steal gas from parents. Tell parents Caylee is with babysitter and tell BF Caylee is with parents. No one will ever miss her!!!!

I've tried to do reverse planning and I'm unable to come up with anything that makes any sense if it was planned.

If it was not planned and it was an accident...what was her plan to cover it up? tell parents she is with babysitter and tell friends she is with parents. They will never miss her!

It was not the kidnapped theory because she would have reported it immediately and come up with unknown person taking Caylee, not babysitter that does not exist and police can verify...so stupid!!!!

Then once her mom found her, why say 31 days???? why not improvise and say it was that night? You know when Cindy wanted her to take her to Caylee, why not drive to Sawgrass. Knock on the door. Grow frantic when no one answered. and pretend at that point that Caylee was then missing with Cindy as a witness.
She purposely dug a deeper grave for herself by saying 31 days.

Either there is a lot we don't know, or she is the dumbest criminal in the history of criminals.
JMHO:confused:

I vote no plan too. I don't think it was premeditated, or at least for very long. If she was jealous of Caylee and had a fight with her parents, I could see her impulsively killing Caylee...strangling her or smothering her, or beating her. Or maybe she lost her temper with Caylee, or maybe it was an accident due to serious negligence, like drugging with Zanny or leaving her in a car.

Plan?

Casey didn't go to school & didn't hold a job.

I think she's like a 12 year old.... she lives one day at a time & puts unpleasant things out of her mind..... lying if it helps get people off her case.

"she lives one day at a time & puts unpleasant things out of her mind"

Caysey is as self absorbed and delusional as is normal for her pathology. OJ truly believes its Him vs. The World, Scott P feels victimized.

Its difficult to be a sociopath unless you sever any concept of personal responsibilty.
Like Scarlett Ohara, Casey will just think about all this mess....tomorrow.

hcw

the problem with the "no plan" theory is that she is not that one dimensional. She managed to lie to her family and friends for several years about Universal! So something does not fit here. I can't believe that she thought she would get away with it and no one would ask about Caylee...no she is dumb but not that dumb. Scott and OJ both had pretty good plans...not fool proof but still pretty good. Hers is just plain retarded. Mental age of a 2 year old.
There is something that we are missing her in this puzzle.

One plan that I just realized Casey probably had in mind was to run on July 16th. That is why she wanted "one more day."

Lee said in the bond hearing that Casey told Cindy on the 15th that she would take Cindy to see Caylee in the morning. This was just a delay tactic. Because it is a blatant lie no matter how it is spun because in the next day in the call to home you hear Casey telling her family she has no idea where Caylee is.

The question has been asked: why did she never attempt to run if she is guilty? The answer is she had no reason to before the 15th.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_local_orlandocrime/caylee_anthony/index.html

On the July 15, Casey maintained before Cindy called authorities that she knew where Caylee was and she would take family there in the morning, Lee told the prosecutor.

One plan that I just realized Casey probably had in mind was to run on July 16th. That is why she wanted "one more day."

Lee said in the bond hearing that Casey told Cindy on the 15th that she would take Cindy to see Caylee in the morning. This was just a delay tactic. Because it is a blatant lie no matter how it is spun because in the next day in the call to home you hear Casey telling her family she has no idea where Caylee is.

The question has been asked: why did she never attempt to run if she is guilty? The answer is she had no reason to before the 15th.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_local_orlandocrime/caylee_anthony/index.html

On the July 15, Casey maintained before Cindy called authorities that she knew where Caylee was and she would take family there in the morning, Lee told the prosecutor.

So you think she was going to wait until someone got suspicious, like Cindy, and then run? ok. so if this is true, maybe she had some money stashed away, like scott p, that we dont know about? maybe passport? there might be some evidence of this that we have not heard. YOU COULD BE ON TO SOMETHING! Cindy already thought that Casey was trying to branch out on her on...so if she disappeared she would have assumed that Caylee was with her! perfect plan. You might have just figured it out.
this makes much more sense. CA just got caught too soon. :clap:
:(

I think Caseys plan was to move in with her new boyfriend. It was more fun than living with mom and dad.

VB

I think Caseys plan was to move in with her new boyfriend. It was more fun than living with mom and dad.

VB

but how long before she was found out? that is not a plan. Knowing her mom and her dad, she must have known that eventually she was going to have to produce Caylee. Caylee's birthday was coming up.

This is just speculation but her plan seemed to be ~ move in with the new boyfriend without the child who had become a burden to the new, single life she wanted. Mom & Dad didn't like to babysit every night while she was at his apt., there was a big fight on Father's Day between her & parents (overheard by the neighbor) which I think had to do with her leaving Caylee with them all the time, and the following day Casey took care of her "problem". After the fact, part of the cover up could've been to have the car stolen to make it look like a carjacking and/or blame the nanny, whichever scenario would seem more believable. MOO only!! :)

VB

Sure, only TonE wasn't interested in being saddled with some girl and her kid, perhaps?

Yes you would think that she'd need more of a plan, but, we don't know just how many things Casey has gotten away with through the years with her parents, did they always believe her lies and never call her on anything? If her mindset was that they would go along just like in the past, then this might actually be the first time Casey's plan has never worked out for her. Did she think she'd tell the kidnapping by nanny story and it not get blown up to how it is now?
imo Casey did not actually do much thinking, she acted and reacted and has been squirming ever since to get out of the mess she has created.

VB

This is just speculation but her plan seemed to be ~ move in with the new boyfriend without the child who had become a burden to the new, single life she wanted. Mom & Dad didn't like to babysit every night while she was at his apt., there was a big fight on Father's Day between her & parents (overheard by the neighbor) which I think had to do with her leaving Caylee with them all the time, and the following day Casey took care of her "problem". After the fact, part of the cover up could've been to have the car stolen to make it look like a carjacking and/or blame the nanny, whichever scenario would seem more believable. MOO only!! :)

I agree. And if there was a threat not to get LE involved, why didn't she try and stop her mother from calling 911?

My vote is premeditated..and I think it was planned for a LONG time..she just didn't know when she was going to do it. Answers to questions fly out of her mouth..just look at the transcript when she was talking with Lee. She never missed a BEAT or took any length of time to answer his questions. I'm not saying the answers were truths by any means but in my eyes her answers were to questions that she had honestly thought about people asking her. I think we will find premeditation running rampit when the case opens up wide.

Her plan also may have been to punish her parents who now were trying to put some changes into place as far as what they would accept, putting limits onto her. What better way to punish them than by taking away the thing they loved the most! imo she is getting a certain type of thrill by seeing the pain she has brought to them. Why else would she have filled them with hope that Caylee was going to be back for her birthday when she knew damn well she would not!! That is a special kind of evil right there.

VB

Yes you would think that she'd need more of a plan, but, we don't know just how many things Casey has gotten away with through the years with her parents, did they always believe her lies and never call her on anything? If her mindset was that they would go along just like in the past, then this might actually be the first time Casey's plan has never worked out for her. Did she think she'd tell the kidnapping by nanny story and it not get blown up to how it is now?
imo Casey did not actually do much thinking, she acted and reacted and has been squirming ever since to get out of the mess she has created.

VB

you know...I don't think she is the smartest tool in the shed but she could not be this stupid. again she lied to parents and friends for years about her job at Universal. When you work at universal, friends want to come an see you and have you get them in. so she is pretty good at this stuff. I think the plan was too run at some point but cindy caught her too soon.
Or actually, maybe tell cindy she had moved far away even if she was still in orlando?????

"she lives one day at a time & puts unpleasant things out of her mind"

I agree with the above theory.

I think Casey wanted TonE. Cindy and George were most likely hassling her about not fulfilling her responsibilities as a mother. She was out all night and probably hung over and not too diligent during the days after George and Cindy went to work. I think going to her parent's house and getting Caylee was the day job the DJ saw Casey going off to.

It sounds like things came to a head on Father's day. Maybe Casey lost her temper with Caylee, too. Or maybe Casey was was fuming because her parents were so mean and passively/aggressively negligent with Caylee (all the gp's cared about in Casey's mind).

After the tragedy, I think Casey was living day to day pretending the whole thing never happened and making up stories when confronted. I think she put the messy evidence where she wouldn't have to deal with it.

Eventually she probably intended to come up with a plan. But in the meantime it was more fun being TonE's ideal girlfriend.

Cindy found Casey before Casey got around to any real plan. The police ratted Casey out to TonE before she could "explain".

Up to Caylee's disappearance, Casey's life was pretty much winging it day by day. I think that was and is still Casey's MO.

you know...I don't think she is the smartes tool in the shed but she could not be this stupid. again she lied to parents and friends for years about her job at Universal. When you work at universal, friends want to come an see you and have you get them in. so she is pretty good at this stuff. I think the plan was too run at some point but cindy caught her too soon.
Or actually, maybe tell cindy she had moved far away even if she was still in orlando?????

I don't think Casey had to work too hard to fool her parents.

It is obvious how easily they cling to the least sign of hope.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back