Loyal dog stayed with body of suicide victim for six weeks

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
I don't know if this makes me smile or makes me sad, but I didn't know where to put it.... :(

Loyal dog stayed with body of suicide victim for six weeks

Denver -- Rancher Kip Konig saw the German shepherd in the distance as he checked his cows Sunday in the Pawnee National Grasslands.

The dog kept running back to a pickup partially obscured in a depression and jumping into the front seat.

"I got the sense she was trying to tell me where her master was," said Konig.

Near the pickup Konig spotted the skeletal remains of Jake Baysinger, the German shepherd's owner. Baysinger is believed to have shot himself six weeks earlier.

Baysinger and the dog, named Cash, left their home in La Salle, a small town in northern Colorado, on June 28.

Konig believes the dog had been guarding Baysinger.

More: http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/li...7F778875A5D3EE63862574A40010A270?OpenDocument

Wow. What a tragically heartbreaking and also heartwarming story all at the same time.

I've always said, there is no creature more loyal than a dog.

Oh how sad for that poor dog!

What a loyal dog! They are few and far between, but when you get one they are awesome.

Thanks for teh link.

Cash is a loving loyal dog. I am angry with her owner. What did he think would happen to her once he was gone? She could have starved or dehydrated. Why did he have to bring her with him! It was incredibly cruel.

Dogs are amazingly loyal to their special humans. Remember Greyfriars Bobby? He was the little Scottish dog who guarded his owner's grave for 14 years. My Benson, when he had his first tumour removed and the doctor had to cut away part of his stomach muscle, was in pain whenever he moved when we first bought him home. Nonetheless he insisted on following me about. I had to wait until I was almost bursting before I went to the bathroom because he insisted on following me there too. It broke my heart when he would get up to follow me and whimper from the pain.

Greyfriars Bobby's story was so sad too. Dogs are so loyal. All that time and he stayed with him, thats just so sad.

I have to say as I said to my friend tonight, if something happened to me my cats would eat me.
My little dog would probably mourn himself to death though. I hope this dog has a good home. I bet the man would never have killed himself if he knew how much love his dog had for him.

That's so funny becklynn. I've said the same thing. I have two cats and a dog. If we were starving I'm sure the cats would eat me first (if the dog let them) and then gang up on him.

As far as the man taking the dog with him, I wonder if maybe he thought he would kill the dog too. Maybe he realized he couldn't do it. People that commit suicide aren't thinking clearly at the time it happens. He may have had no intention of doing that when he left home with the dog.

I think the wife and son have the dog at home with them. It looked liked they really loved him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back