Sponser the Cheerleaders

ArizonaGiGi

Former Member
Reaction score
Skyla and Taylor's cheerleading teamates don't want to use the same uniforms this year (understandably). Since this is a rural, mostly poor area, not all of the cheerleaders can afford new uniforms SO.....KeyboardPlayer is looking into pricing for sponsering a cheerleader or two, or simply defraying the costs of all the uniforms. Not sure one of the girls would like to be "sponsered" in Skyla and Taylors name so maybe we'll just spread the collected amount evenly among all the cheerleaders?

Stay posted for the information.

We will defray the cost and spread out the $$$ evenly among all of the cheerleaders.

Skyla and Taylor's cheerleading teamates don't want to use the same uniforms this year (understandably). Since this is a rural, mostly poor area, not all of the cheerleaders can afford new uniforms SO.....KeyboardPlayer is looking into pricing for sponsering a cheerleader or two, or simply defraying the costs of all the uniforms. Not sure one of the girls would like to be "sponsered" in Skyla and Taylors name so maybe we'll just spread the collected amount evenly among all the cheerleaders?

Stay posted for the information.

Great idea!! Please keep us updated. I would be more than willing to assist with the cause.

Ruflossn

Is Keyboardplayer a WS member?

I think any monies collected should be distributed evenly among all girls.... IMO.

Nice idea!

Hi all, yes I am a WS member :) I will be posting details shortly.

Hi everyone, I have been in contact with the secretary of the school, Kim Moore. She informed me that any help we would be willing to give would be most appreciated. There are 6 girls on the cheerleading squad this year, and the new uniforms would cost approximately $100 each.

If anyone wants to send in donations, they can be sent to Wanda Mankin, c/o Graham School, Rt. 1 Box 91B1, Weleetka, OK 74880. Be sure to denote that the money is for the Elementary Cheerleading Fund. Cash is okay, as well as personal checks (make payable to Graham School, and put Elementary Cheerleading Fund on the check).

ArizonaGiGi had first contacted me with this excellent idea. I had asked the school a while back if I could buy a few of those bracelets they were handing out to the students, so I have already sent some money to the school for those (everyone else can do the same, to the same mailing address as listed above); proceeds from the sales of the bracelets go toward the cheerleading fund as well.

--Rich--

Alternatively, if you all think it would be a better idea to collect all the money and send it as one large donation from us here at WS, I would be more than happy to coordinate that (if this is the case I will make sure everyone has my contact information).

Feel free to PM me or e-mail me if there's anything I can do. Cheers all!
Whoa, wait a minute here.

Although good intentions are meant here, why would anyone send money to a middle person, especially one who isn't local?

Those that wish to send money should do so in a safe manner, without exchanging their private information with anyone on a Message Board/Forum.

If anyone wishes to donate monies for the Cheerleaders uniforms send it directly to the school, the mailing address has been posted.

To all... In regard to Tom'sGirl's post, I re-read my previous post, and it would indeed make ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE for anyone not to send donations directly to the school. I was more concerned with getting the information to this forum than actually proofreading what I post (a process I call "stupidity filtering"), so while yes, good intentions were certainly meant, I wish to apologize to the forum for any misconceptions that may have been derived from my post. It has been edited.

Cheers,
--Rich--

To all... In regard to Tom'sGirl's post, I re-read my previous post, and it would indeed make ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE for anyone not to send donations directly to the school. I was more concerned with getting the information to this forum than actually proofreading what I post (a process I call "stupidity filtering"), so while yes, good intentions were certainly meant, I wish to apologize to the forum for any misconceptions that may have been derived from my post. It has been edited.

Cheers,
--Rich--

Hi KeyboardPlayer
Thanks so much for doing the leg work. We all appreciate it! :blowkiss:

I would love to know what the tally is that Websleuthers are contributing. If anyone doesn't object, I will post the tally here as it grows.
Here's how I would like to do it, unless anyone has a better way of doing it;

Anyone who sends or has already sent in a check to the school as a donation or for bracelets, XX me the amount and I will post it without using your name. It will just be a running tally NO NAMES with the amounts.
I repeat NO NAMES will be posted with the amount. Whether you give a dollar or a hundred dollars, it will all add up and be much appreciated by the girls.

Please post your ideas and opinions about this.

$144. so far

That helps out ALOT. If you XX with amount you donated, I will add it to the tally.
:blowkiss:

What date is this money needed in order for the girls to have their outfits by the beginning of the new cheerleading season?

Yesterday I communicated with Ms. Mankin via email. I will not post her email in it's entirety as I did not ask her permission to do so. I will however convey one portion of her email:
[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Ms. Mankin
[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]We are not soliciting money for these because of the extreme duress and the publicity. However anything anyone wants to give will be greatly appreciated.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Let me add that Ms. Mankin said
students earn the money to purchase suits through fund raisers. However in this case we have made an exception and have accepted a couple of donations to help pay for the new uniforms.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  • On a personal note, the amount I submit is my own business, has nothing to do with Websleuths, or is it sponsored by Websleuths and I feel asking how much each of us has contributed is inappropriate.

What date is this money needed in order for the girls to have their outfits by the beginning of the new cheerleading season?
There is no set date, or deadline poco. If you care to donate, the money will be set aside for when new uniforms are purchased.

Yesterday I communicated with Ms. Mankin via email. I will not post her email in it's entirety as I did not ask her permission to do so. I will however convey one portion of her email:
[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Ms. Mankin[/FONT]

• On a personal note, the amount I submit is my own business, has nothing to do with Websleuths, or is it sponsored by Websleuths and I feel asking how much each of us has contributed is inappropriate.
It's VOLUNTARY - I have no problem telling how much I donated, my name isn't attached publicly, but if you have a problem, then don't say anything. I think this is something each of us can decide for ourselves, And a request is hardly "inappropriate" since it's just that, a request. If somebody asks you a question you don't want to answer, then don't answer it. Your feelings about "appropriate-ness" are just that, your feelings....please allow me (and all of us) as adults determine what is and isn't "appropriate" for us.

I for one would LOVE to know aprox how much was sent for the uniforms from people here who have NO OTHER connection the the school and would not have known about the need without it being posted here. I've half a mind to just send the school a check for $600 and tell them to start shopping - they can use the rest of the money they make this year to buy nice matching shoes and socks for each of the girls this year and save some for future purchases for the girls who's families cannot afford new athletic shoes. And maybe there will be enough for a nice set of new tumbling mats for the gym for practice.

My Opinion

It's VOLUNTARY - I have no problem telling how much I donated, my name isn't attached publicly, but if you have a problem, then don't say anything. I think this is something each of us can decide for ourselves, And a request is hardly "inappropriate" since it's just that, a request. If somebody asks you a question you don't want to answer, then don't answer it. Your feelings about "appropriate-ness" are just that, your feelings....please allow me (and all of us) as adults determine what is and isn't "appropriate" for us.

I for one would LOVE to know aprox how much was sent for the uniforms from people here who have NO OTHER connection the the school and would not have known about the need without it being posted here. I've half a mind to just send the school a check for $600 and tell them to start shopping - they can use the rest of the money they make this year to buy nice matching shoes and socks for each of the girls this year and save some for future purchases for the girls who's families cannot afford new athletic shoes. And maybe there will be enough for a nice set of new tumbling mats for the gym for practice.

My Opinion

I'd like to point out you make an error in my quote above.........you have "Let me add that Ms. Mankin said" as part of my personal note it's not!

To each his own, you have your opinion, and I stated mine. I in no way told others what to do.

My Opinion

YOU GO GIRL !!!!!!!! :clap:

[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Ms. Mankin[/FONT]

I don't know why you feel the need to be so offensive?
I DID NOT ASK FOR THE AMOUNT - I said IF you XX me I will post it.
I think that the donation info is of interest to other WS'ers. It makes me proud that people on here care enough to want to support the cheerleaders. Not everyone can or wants to give, and that's not the point. The point is that we all care about Taylor and Skyla and their memory. We do what we can and want, in their memory.

I DID NOT ASK FOR THE AMOUNT - I said IF you PM me I will post it.
(emphasis mine)
"Can't We All Just Get Along"?

The key word here is IF - AZGiGi said IF you PM me the amount I will be happy to keep posting a running tally of the "good thing" we did as a group. If someone doesn't want to have their amount known (or even if they gave) then no problem. It's an anonymous crime forum and participation in ANYTHING here is 100% voluntary and unless you make it otherwise yourself, 100% anonymous too.

The word is IF, as in IF you want to. It was a simple statement, not even a request. A personal question or implied "order" infringing on someone's privacy would have been "I must know what all WS'er gave, PM me what you gave and I will post a detailed itemized list". Not IF you would like to tell me what you gave I will post an anonymous tally of ALL our donations so we can all feel proud of our accomplishment in helping a very poor school in Taylor and Skyla's name.

It just seems we are all a little edgy and frustrated here, but we shouldn't allow this case to do this to us. If the horrible thing that happened to Skyla and Taylor causes us all to be nasty to each other then the killer(s) "toll" just grows to include us, the people who are here every day, united by hope and holding on to the belief that justice will come.

I just think we need to avoid pointing at others publicly and take it to PM's if we think something needs to be addressed with that person. Let's just speak for ourselves here and not "everyone". A simple "I don't agree" is polite and succinct and keeps things focused on the case and NOT us.

To everyone who comes to this forum and keeps believing in justice
:blowkiss: and :hug:
Peace to all!
FlowerChild
My Opinion

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads