Is MJD Tawni Lee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
I rec'd an email around 9pm last night from someone claiming to be a relative of MJD. I forwarded this email to believe09 who sprung into action working on this tip.

We are 99.5% sure that we know who she is.

Believe09 spent HOURS last night talking with more than 1 family member.

The tattoo, the ring, the timing, location, all adding up.

Believe09 will be meeting with family members (there are several aunts/uncles/cousins, to see pictures and discuss. We hope to have pictures of this possible for you all today.

The brother is in AZ and will be meeting with Suzi Dodt this AM for swab.

This girl was taken care of as many of us suspected, she does have dentals we just have to get our hands on them. This will be the quickest way to positive ID.

OMG. I am reeling.

Im dying WHOOOO HOOOOO

here is the post from city data from around 7 pm last night

This girl is my cousin. We had been looking for her for over nine years. We just found out today after 9 years. The mother had put out detectives and special forces to find her and it kills us that all along it could have been googled like this.

Then around 9 pm

we never knew she was killed...we thought she just ran away and still to this day avoided contacting anyone..it is a complete shock and its very tough for everyone in my family..I am 20 years old now, and in 1999 I was only eleven..however she moved from massachusetts when I was much younger, many people think she was abandoned by her parents that is very much false she ran away and she was a very innocent girl... I belive she was trying to find her way back home...there is no way she jumped out of a moving vehicle going 75 mph that is ****in riduclous..her real name is Tawnee and she can finally lay at rest with my family...i thank everyone who has stuck with this site and continued to not give up it really means alot...and may god have mercy on the man whom is running like a coward because he will be found so help me god

To the family reading.

I am so, so, so, sorry you had to find out this way.

At this time I just don't even know what to say.....I know you believe this is her, and we will 'walk' with you through the process of getting positive ID established. Thank you for emailing me, thank you for trusting believe09 to discuss this at length and meeting with her today. I pray for this unidentified girl that you are her family so that she can finally rest with the ones who love her and as difficult as all this must be on you all, I hope that having closure will help. I can't imagine, I am so sorry for all you have gone through in your search for Tawnee. I hope our support will make this process easier on everyone involved.

Here is what we have:

I was emailed by Aunt.

Believe09 emailed her back, the Aunt telephoned believe.

She was reluctant to give too much information.

They took one step at a time and learned the caller had a niece who went missing in 9/98, who was a ringer for MJD as she saw her on WS and she had another relative who could confirm the tattoo as being one she had seen done on her cousin.

Eventually she shared this story with believe-
the ring that was pictured as belonging to MJD (a gold signet ring) actually belonged to callers sister, Deborah Ann MXXXXX. ("DMA")
Deborah Ann XXXXXX was the mother of Tawni Lee MXXXXX who went missing from Gilbert Az in September of 1998.

Tawni Lee MXXXXX, DOB 9/3/1980 was born in Lynn, MASS and had relocated to Colorado when she was a child. She returned to Mass in May of 1997 after having become a troubled teen as a result of her parents divorce.

Tawni was taken by her mother from Mass to AZ in the summer of 1998, and ran away during September of the same year.

Tawni has an older brother, who is the only family member still residing in the Phoenix area.

Brother has been looking for his sister since her disappearance and came across WS yesterday AM when looking for unidentified females that might resemble Tawni. He opened the Pictures Thread on the forum and instantly recognized not only his sister but her tattoo.

Brother contacted his family members in Mass, and once they had all seen the information on the forum and discussed it, Aunt was elected to contact WS (and Christine2448) to attempt to gather additional information.

Brother called Susie Dodt at the Maricopa County LE office to arrange to leave a sample of his DNA.

Believe spoke for several hours to Aunt, her husband and brother respectively.

Their information is credible, falls within the tips that we have been given and we think it should be vigorously pursued. Here is the plan of action that we devised:

Believe will meet with Aunt today to receive copies of photos of Tawni from 1997. She may also bring Tawni's diary.

Brother will submit a sample of DNA to Susie Dodt tomorrow at the ME office.

Believe will contact Pinal County Sheriff's office and Susie Dodt with information on Tawni's mother such as last know address and phone number, as well as details from tonights conversations.

Believe will attempt to obtain dentals from Tawni that might bring us faster to a resolution as to whether or not MJD is in fact Tawni.

Additional Relevant information:
Tawni ran away from Gilbert Az which is on the outskirts of Phoenix in Sept 1998.

The family home was robbed one week after her disappearance by Tawni accompanied by two men, one of whom somewhat matches the description of Alonzo Fernandez, the driver of the Cadillac MJD exited.

Brother indicated that Tawni's heart tattoo was originally done in Black India ink, which as you may know, fades to blue with time.

MJD died on brothers birthday, 1/27/1999.

You know....please forgive me, I am not sure I am spelling her name correctly...believe is on tele right now with family, I will get her to verify. :blowkiss:

What a wonderful post Christine.

I would also like to tell the family that my heart just breaks for you. I cant even begin to imagine what the last 9 years have been like for you with the not knowing. But, she has not been alone all of us here were determined to give her back her name and her family that loved her. And we will remain here for you. Tawnee is a beautiful name for such a beautiful girl. Im praying for you all. I would also like to thank everyone here at WS that have put in alot of time and effort for Tawnee

OH WOW Im am just overwhelmed I almost cant breathe. Thank you Believe you rock!!!

Oh Im so sorry for the brother she died on his birthday. How terribly sad.

OH WOW Im am just overwhelmed I almost cant breathe. Thank you Believe you rock!!!

Oh Im so sorry for the brother she died on his birthday. How terribly sad.

Hi, lovelies-

Thanks Christine-the missing girl is named Tawni Lee M. I just got off of the phone with Susie Dodt who is already on the case-I cannot breathe myself because the maternal aunt just spoke with Tawni's dentist and is having him FAX the dental Xrays to Susie. I cannot even fathom this. Aunt will call when she leaves the dentist's office-she wants to watch him do this, lol.

So she had just turned 18 when she went missing. That must be why she wasnt listed as missing as a runaway etc. And her birthday is coming up Im glad that will be the last one that will go by without her family knowing where she is.....

Omg I cant get anything done.....Im just stunned happy sad etc etc etc

So she had just turned 18 when she went missing. That must be why she wasnt listed as missing as a runaway etc. And her birthday is coming up Im glad that will be the last one that will go by without her family knowing where she is.....

Omg I cant get anything done.....Im just stunned happy sad etc etc etc

Maternal aunt gave me the wrong bday-she was younger. her DOB is 9/3/1981.

This falls in line with what we know...

I've got the trembles reading this. Being from Phoenix, it was this very case which has almost haunted me for quite some time now. It was this case which brought me to Websleuths as a long time lurker and now a poster.

I've got to tell you, I'm a wave of emotions knowing that this girl may finally have some closure to her tragic end and hopefully she will now be able to rest in peace.

To the family who may be here, please know there have been many fine humans here who right now who have cried tears over Tawnee and who have worked dilligently to make sure she got her just due. I know now I'm almost in them on behalf of you all, knowing you had to wait so long to hear what had become of her, then finding out this was it. My heart goes to you, my prayers go to you and I offer up my support if you ever need someone to talk to. My email address is jay.pagliaro@gmail.com. Please feel free to use it.... Anytime.

I've been lurking awhile.. Is anyone else who's followed this case so closely like I have feeling the same wave? I feel so happy that this girl FINALLY has an identity, but heartbroken at the same time?

Hi, lovelies-

Thanks Christine-the missing girl is named Tawni Lee M. I just got off of the phone with Susie Dodt who is already on the case-I cannot breathe myself because the maternal aunt just spoke with Tawni's dentist and is having him FAX the dental Xrays to Susie. I cannot even fathom this. Aunt will call when she leaves the dentist's office-she wants to watch him do this, lol.
Whoooo Hoooo
So faster Id yeah!!!!!
Tawni I have always loved that name......

Hi, lovelies-

That is the correct spelling? I thought on Topix it was Tawnee? You have verified spelling?

I wonder if her brother or family knew if Tawni Knew Lyndsay. She hadnt been in AZ for long. I wonder ....... I am just overhelmed with finally getting some answers to all the questions we have had all these months and months.

Let alone the family they have waited years and years for answers to their questions.

I've been lurking awhile.. Is anyone else who's followed this case so closely like I have feeling the same wave? I feel so happy that this girl FINALLY has an identity, but heartbroken at the same time?

thats EXACTLY how I feel, what a strange feeling to have huh, I was Overjoyed to find out about an ID, but a second later it clicked, about her family and the sadness they must feel its just unexplainable....

thats EXACTLY how I feel, what a strange feeling to have huh, I was Overjoyed to find out about an ID, but a second later it clicked, about her family and the sadness they must feel its just unexplainable....

It is.. I can't even BEGIN to fathom what those poor folks are going through. It has to feel like the most unimaginable pain finding out this way, through glimmers of hope that she was still alive, that she died.. and in the way she did.

Gilbert, AZ.. This hits even closer to home for me than originally imagined. I attended Mesquite Jr. High School, then later Highland High.

If she was living in Gilbert when she disappeared, she would have attended either Highland or Gilbert. I graduated (not from there, but still) in 1997. If she was 17 when she passed, she very likely could have been in the same school as I was in.

All I can really think to say now is this... Tawnee, we all love you.. Even though we never knew you.

Some other information as related to me: The family has seen all of FMW's photos and looked at the contents of the car. They actually think that some of the luggage seen in the back seat may be Tawni's.

I think that LE will have some new avenues to explore if indeed MJD has been id'd...

:blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member