Six year old dies after fall at water park

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
A six year old boy has died after falling at a Great Wolf Lodge water park in Michigan. The boy's father said his son fell/slipped on a lily pad type walkway and hit his head. The accident was witnessed by several people and the boy's father and another person immediately moved to help the boy. Unfortunately the little boy died, and an investigation is under way.

How sad is this? I can not even begin to fathom how terrified this child's dad was. I didn't realize this is a chain of hotels offering indoor and outdoor water parks. More at link including a comment from a lifeguard who works there.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080822/NEWS06/808220432/1008/news06

It sounds like the little boy slipped, struck his head ON the lily pad (foam covered with plastic) and then fell in the water. The whole thing was witnessed and the lifeguard began to resuscitate the boy immediately . . . it sounds like he died FAST, like he was DOA at the hospital. How he died at all banging his head on a foam and plastic lily pad makes me wonder if it was a freak accident. His poor parents :(

They have one of those Great Wolf Lodges just up the freeway, I drive by it every day on my way to work.

It sounds like the little boy slipped, struck his head ON the lily pad (foam covered with plastic) and then fell in the water. The whole thing was witnessed and the lifeguard began to resuscitate the boy immediately . . . it sounds like he died FAST, like he was DOA at the hospital. How he died at all banging his head on a foam and plastic lily pad makes me wonder if it was a freak accident. His poor parents :(

They have one of those Great Wolf Lodges just up the freeway, I drive by it every day on my way to work.

Awful! It sounds like a freak accident to me too. My kids have hit their heads on so many things. Heartbreaking.

Omg, that is so sad. Out having fun and then something like this happens. :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts