MA MA - James Lacouture, 35, Hardwick, 29 Oct 1988

hmg

Reaction score
On October 29, 1988 James Lacouture, 35, was seen drinking at a bar in Hardwick, MA where he was supposed to be working building a house with his brother. The two abandoned their plans and decided to go to the bar instead. Hours later, James' wife found the brother passed out in her house, about an hour from Hardwick in Millbury, MA. The brother claimed that James was home as well, but he was nowhere to be found. Five days later, James' brother committed suicide without divulging any information he may have had about his brother.

Here's his Doe Network profile:
The Doe Network:
Case File 2229DMMA

James N. Lacouture
Missing since October 29, 1988 from Hardwick, Massachusetts
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

* Date Of Birth: June 27, 1953
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 35 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 130 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; green eyes. Beard.
* Marks, Scars: A scar on right wrist.
* Clothing: Jeans and a plaid shirt
* Other: James preferred Budweiser beer and smoked cigarettes. Father of three.
* AKA: Jimmy
* Dentals: Available James had extensive dental treatments, he has 12 fillings, including a large silver filling in tooth 2, 31, or 32 and a temporary composite on tooth number 1. It is possible that James had other preexisting restorations or treatment not listed on the dental record made available to the Forensic Dentist who reviewed and interpreted the dental record. Some of his dental records were not located, and some have been destroyed.
* Fingerprints: Available
* DNA : Pending

How horrible. You would think that the brother would have at least left some information behind. To leave the rest of the family with the unknown and a second loss, I can't imagine.

this story is old like really old back in the like early 1900 hundreds my facts are not correct but i do know that somewhere on the court tv crime library i read this case the photos of the too brothers were in black and white im not going back to try and find it someone else can so either this happened again or its the same story being told because the facts are identical.

Do you know which heading it was under? I checked "Death in the Family" and "Timeless Classics" but didn't find anything similar. Weird that the case is so similar but even in my few months on Websleuths I've been shocked at how some incidences imitate each other.

I found an unidentified male on the doenetwork that I think is worth looking into as James. The age is off. "A Forensic Anthropologist examined the body, and his age was determined from teeth and from the fact that certain of his bone shafts had not yet fused, which happens at about age 20"

The body was found in Newburyport, MA which is about 1.5 hrs from Millbury (where James lived and his brother was at). Newburyport, MA is about 2 hrs from Hardwick, MA (where the brothers were last seen at). The estimated time of death is between 1987-1991. James disappeared in 1988.
Does anyone else think it's a possibility?

The victim was discovered on November 28, 1992 in Newburyport, Essex County, Massachusetts
Estimated Date of Death: 1987-1991
Skeletal Remains
Cause of Death: Undetermined, Homicide not ruled out.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1070umma.html

I found an unidentified male on the doenetwork that I think is worth looking into as James. The age is off, but that could be due to the fact that it was skeletal remains that were found. The body was found in Newburyport, MA which is about 1.5 hrs from Millbury (where James lived and his brother was at). Newburyport, MA is about 2 hrs from Hardwick, MA (where the brothers were last seen at). The estimated time of death is between 1987-1991. James disappeared in 1988.
Does anyone else think it's a possibility?

The victim was discovered on November 28, 1992 in Newburyport, Essex County, Massachusetts
Estimated Date of Death: 1987-1991
Skeletal Remains
Cause of Death: Undetermined, Homicide not ruled out.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1070umma.html

I actually think he looks a lot like James but that UID is a teenager if I recall correctly. They determined that by the way his bones were structured, his reconstruction does look like an adult though. The height and timing is right though.

No I'm sorry HMG I do not remember what it is under in fact if your familliar with the court tv stuff and now how its changed to the tru tv not realitty tv but acualitty or something like. If your familliar with it you would be familliar with the court tv library but now its all changed im sure the info may all still be there but it looks so different i wouldn't even know where to start I appologise. I just remember reading about it late one night when it was back in the old form and i do remember it was along with stuff that i read like the lindberg baby and lizzy borden all i can remember is the plack and white photographs and the lady i am not sure who maybe the missing brothers wife standing out in front of an old hotel but i know the story was identical.they blew off work and one brother was so drunk he passed out on the couch being awoken by who ever that lady was and thought the other guy was just upstairs but really he was never found and i thought they were right near a body of water a river..You know how u read something along time ago and u jjust remember bits and peices thats what iam getting right now but the name james lacouture even sounds right to me so i mean maybe i miss read the date on the blog or they put the date wrong or maybe iam even mixing cases .The only thing iam sure of is that iam not sure about anyof it lol go figure .did he shoot him self with a shot gun up against a certin tree or hang himself from the bridge over the river..im really sorry i cant help u out more i wish they would have left court tv the dam way it use to be..

I actually think he looks a lot like James but that UID is a teenager if I recall correctly. They determined that by the way his bones were structured, his reconstruction does look like an adult though. The height and timing is right though.

The teen also had a specific dental issue, James had some dental records and that particular issue wasn't mentioned, seems like it would've been.

The teen also had a specific dental issue, James had some dental records and that particular issue wasn't mentioned, seems like it would've been.

From 1070UMMA: "He had an impacted molar which had grown sideways and out through the jaw. Forensic Anthropologist said it must have been very painful. There is no indication that he ever received any dental treatment."

We know from James profile that he had pretty extensive dental work and probably did not have the impacted molar.

Police are digging up an area on the grounds of a Route 1 condominium complex in Attleboro MA searching for human remains.

http://www.thesunchronicle.com/articles/2010/12/07/news/8509902.txt

They say it is related to a 1988 murder, but have not elaborated on whose murder they are investigating.

However, items to be searched for, as indicated in the search warrant, they list "plaid shirt" and "blue jeans", in addition to a yellow rain coat and Converse sneakers.

According to Charley Project, James Lacouture was last seen in 1988, and was wearing a "plaid shirt and jeans".

lacouture_james.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lacouture_james.html

I wonder if it is James' remains that they are looking for.

this story is old like really old back in the like early 1900 hundreds my facts are not correct but i do know that somewhere on the court tv crime library i read this case the photos of the too brothers were in black and white im not going back to try and find it someone else can so either this happened again or its the same story being told because the facts are identical.

This was in fact 1988, how do I know this? It's my father and uncle. Those are true photos from the 80s and not anywhere related to any story of the early 1900s.

This was in fact 1988, how do I know this? It's my father and uncle. Those are true photos from the 80s and not anywhere related to any story of the early 1900s.

Sorry for your loss. I hope that someday you will find answers, it's been a long time and it must be hard not knowing.

Something happened that day. David and James went to a bar together, David turns up at James house without James who is never seen again. 5 days later David commits suicide.

It seems like David may have known what happened to James.
I have many questions but don't know if they can be answered.

1. Did anyone question the bartender or people that were at the bar? Did they leave together?

2. Who was driving and what route did they take? Did they stop anywhere?

3. Was David questioned by LE and family?

4. Did David and James get along?

5. Although personal, what was Davids reason for suicide? Was it in the note?

It's ugly to think about it, but perhaps the brother had something to do with his disappearance, a fight, money conflicts, or perhaps what could have been...
whatever it is rest in peace

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back