Birthday Memorial - Java Jive

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahmoo

Reaction score
I think this deserves it's own thread. Let's put everything to do with it here. Thanks ncnative for designing the memorial for Nancy and to Sleuthy for volunteering to photograph it.

Yikes I just posted to NCNative on the other thread - I'll C&P to here if I can.

Hey NCNative, We need someone to speak for Nancy. I'll be here for a while longer so let me know if you hear from her and if she is ok with doing a short interview on Monday. If she isn't then we'll have to find someone or I'll do it under strict circumstances that I'll make sure Amanda and Ed adhere to. Thank you so much for all you have done so far. If you decide you want to get involved with another case please PM me - I/We could use your help in the Michelle Young case with upcoming events :)

It's okay Topsail.....just got it up. Thank to you as well for getting the media lined up.

Love your cow BTW.... No prob on the media. Just need someone to speak for Nancy now. Think I can convince Brad or his mommy??? Jason Young all over again - PUKE

I don't know how to contact Nancy's friends. I didn't know her. I only wanted to do this memorial, and it all started with wanting to put a wreath in the median behind Nancy's home. I decided that is would be stolen or vandalized, so one thing led to another and I ended up decorating Java Jive for her birthday memorial.

We need photos of Nancy, esp. a 5x7 framed for the niche on the fireplace wall at JJ. The owner wants her photo there. And candid shots are needed, and I will send them, with the guestbook/memories and the children's drawings to Nancy's family after this is over. I hope JJ will keep it on through Tuesday, though.

I am too shy to be there as a spokesperson, and will be at home! I'm only good at the "putting together" part. Plus, I walk with a cane and have a new total knee replacement, so do not want to be in a tiny place trying to walk among people.

I've got lots to do, so see my posts on the WS regular Nancy Cooper threads for details.

NCNative we should get someone to speak for Nancy. I totally understand your reasons for not wanting to do it. The other thread suggested Mom to 3 or Sleuthy Gal so if they will not do it I will. I'm (unfortunately) used to talking to the media because of Michelle Young but I'm also VERY PICKY about what I will answer and what I will not.

Topsail, can you be on alert to do this interview? I don't hear from DD, so far. You may ask anyone you feel will be a good spokesperson, or better yet, do it yourself, since you've had experience! Y'all get together and decide. I'm just the decorator! Ha. And, I'm not a real decorator. I just play one at the Java Jive, on Sunday and Monday. Then I hide at home and let it all happen.

Topsail, can you be on alert to do this interview? I don't hear from DD, so far. You may ask anyone you feel will be a good spokesperson, or better yet, do it yourself, since you've had experience! Y'all get together and decide. I'm just the decorator! Ha. And, I'm not a real decorator. I just play one at the Java Jive, on Sunday and Monday. Then I hide at home and let it all happen.

I can do it - but I really hope we can find someone who KNOWS Nancy to speak. If not - I'll do it. Keep trying DD - she may answer you tomorrow. I'll PM you my phone number. Even if it's Monday before she answers - call me and I'll meet up with her. Hopefully one of her friends will catch wind of the JJ memorial before Monday and will show up. I know I'll be there at 3:30 so if it comes to it I'll speak. Just keep trying DD if you can.

NCN, I, too have just posted on the other thread that I think if DD, you, Momto3 can't/don't want to do it, SleuthyGal would be awesome. Since that post, I discovered that Topsail has experience with this. She, too, would be a good candidate. SG is so articulate...I've met her. I think she'd be a great representative for WS.

Anyone who wants to be there at 4 PM to speak to the TV folks? I know one that's going to do it if no one else does. How about others? Several are more interesting. Mom to 3 Kids? Where's your little self? How about you? Sleuthy? I tried to contact DDuncan, but don't really have a clue how to contact Nancy's friends. I did not know Nancy. Remember, I'm just the JJ "decorator" who runs from cameras!

All of you go. They'll be happy to hear from all of you. Anyone but ME. I'd trip over my cane, dislocate my nice new chrome/cobalt and plastic knee, and disgrace everyone.

All of you go. They'll be happy to hear from all of you. Anyone but ME. I'd trip over my cane, dislocate my nice new chrome/cobalt and plastic knee, and disgrace everyone.
Me too! I'm a bumbling idiot in front of a camera!

We still have a while. I will be there on Monday because Amanda Lamb wants me to do an interview about how Michelle Young and Nancy's case are similar. She's going to focus on NANCY but it will fit into a special she is doing. If no one shows up I'll do the interview. Does anyone know how to reach JA?? Nancy's parents?? I have no clue.

We still have a while. I will be there on Monday because Amanda Lamb wants me to do an interview about how Michelle Young and Nancy's case are similar. She's going to focus on NANCY but it will fit into a special she is doing. If no one shows up I'll do the interview. Does anyone know how to reach JA?? Nancy's parents?? I have no clue.
Topsail, I know JA's address. That's about it. PM me if you need that. Haven't even looked in up in the phone book yet.

To add to: my gut feeling is that NC's friends will want to lay low right now. May also have been instructed to do so by LE since they filed affidavits. I hope not, but we'll see.

I suspect all the friends are trying to keep things quiet as well. Active investigation, LE may have asked for them to, or maybe they just want to lay low for their own peace of mind.

To add to: my gut feeling is that NC's friends will want to lay low right now. May also have been instructed to do so by LE since they filed affidavits. I hope not, but we'll see.

Yes a very good possibility. In that case we need to make sure they and the family know that we have not forgotten Nancy even if they can't speak for her at this point in the investigation.....WE can still be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288