"if parents can't regulate what their children wear, then there should be a law."

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
With her hip-hugging jeans fastened low enough to show off the sparkly strings of her thong, Britney Spears could be a common criminal when she comes home to Louisiana to put on a show.

And Nelly's baggy jeans, if they happen to slip and show his drawers, could get him booted from the rap circuit to a New Orleans jail cell if state lawmakers approve a bill filed Tuesday in the House that would make it a crime to wear pants below the waist.

Even plumbers could get canned under the draft law that state Rep. Derrick Shepherd, D-Marrero, said he filed because he was tired of catching glimpses of boxer shorts and G-strings over the low-slung belt lines of young adults.

House Bill 1626 would punish anyone caught wearing low-riding pants with a fine of as much as $500 or as many as six months in jail, or both

"I'm sick of seeing it," said Shepherd, a first-term legislator, who added he's gotten similar complaints from ministers in his district. "The community's outraged. And if parents can't do their job, if parents can't regulate what their children wear, then there should be a law."

http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/eastjefferson/index.ssf?/base/news-1/1082626812241180.xml

I didn't know there was a word describing young girls who dress in "sexy" skimpy clothes, prostitots. Prostitute + Tot. I learned that yesterday on "The View".

I don't know who told guys that the jeans that hang off their behinds, with the crotch down to the knees, looked "cool", but I cannot believe how many boys have bought it. I have yet to find a girl who thinks that is "sexy".

Be interesting to see if they could pass the law.

:laugh:

When I was a kid, I wanted to wear all of the "latest" fads, and did. I had four older sisters who were more conservative and although they laughed at me, they did keep me more reasonable than my Mother could. But then in my day, the fads were not as provocative as today's, but they were in parent's eyes. Remember the fights about long hair for guys? I let my daughter buy the hip huggers in the 70's, but the trend was a tucked in (and tight) shirt. Then the short tops came in, at our schools the shirt had to touch the top of your pants. I learned much later how the girls practiced slouching so the shirt touched! In most cases, every generation has a fad that will pass - colored hair, short skirts, long skirts, bald heads, long hair - tight shirts, long baggy shirts - This too will pass.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back