J Blanchard Park #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm new to posting, but I've been lurking for awhile and after reading all the reports last night, something has been eating at me all day, and I was wondering what you all thought.

In Casey's interview at Universal, she said that she went to Blanchard Park to look for ZG and Caylee after she wasn't at Sawgrass. This was on June 9th, the day she claims she last saw Caylee. Now, first of all, I live in Orlando, and on June 9th, we had a horrible rain storm that afternoon/early evening. I remember that because it was also the day that the jogger, Nicole Ganguzza, was murdered at Blanchard park. They said on the news that the trail was much less busy that day because of the bad storm and that had it not stormed so badly, the trail probably would've been more crowded.

What struck me is that it would've been pouring at the time she says she went there to look for her, and a very high publicized murder took place at that park on the day and close to the time period that she says she was there looking for ZG. Now, I seriously don't think she had anything to do with the murder of the jogger and I really don't think she had even gone there, but I do think she may have made a mental note to somehow latch on to it, so maybe she could blame Caylee's death on the jogger's murderer, or something like that. Like the murderer killed the jogger, and then got ahold of ZG and Caylee, too, or something like that. For a few weeks after that murder, it was top news here in Orlando, and there is no way she wouldn't have heard about it. The fact that she picked June 9th as her last day seeing Caylee, when later it was determined to be a lie, and the fact that she said she went to Blanchard Park, which isn't even really that close to Conway, it just makes me think that it was part of her master plan of trying to prove she didn't do it. And, had it not been proven that Caylee didn't disappear on June 9th, I really think that we would've been hearing this connection sooner.

Hi everyone! I'm new to posting, but I've been lurking for awhile and after reading all the reports last night, something has been eating at me all day, and I was wondering what you all thought.

In Casey's interview at Universal, she said that she went to Blanchard Park to look for ZG and Caylee after she wasn't at Sawgrass. This was on June 9th, the day she claims she last saw Caylee. Now, first of all, I live in Orlando, and on June 9th, we had a horrible rain storm that afternoon/early evening. I remember that because it was also the day that the jogger, Nicole Ganguzza, was murdered at Blanchard park. They said on the news that the trail was much less busy that day because of the bad storm and that had it not stormed so badly, the trail probably would've been more crowded.

What struck me is that it would've been pouring at the time she says she went there to look for her, and a very high publicized murder took place at that park on the day and close to the time period that she says she was there looking for ZG. Now, I seriously don't think she had anything to do with the murder of the jogger and I really don't think she had even gone there, but I do think she may have made a mental note to somehow latch on to it, so maybe she could blame Caylee's death on the jogger's murderer, or something like that. Like the murderer killed the jogger, and then got ahold of ZG and Caylee, too, or something like that. For a few weeks after that murder, it was top news here in Orlando, and there is no way she wouldn't have heard about it. The fact that she picked June 9th as her last day seeing Caylee, when later it was determined to be a lie, and the fact that she said she went to Blanchard Park, which isn't even really that close to Conway, it just makes me think that it was part of her master plan of trying to prove she didn't do it. And, had it not been proven that Caylee didn't disappear on June 9th, I really think that we would've been hearing this connection sooner.
very interesting insight. Thanks for posting and welcome.

This is what I appreciate about WS. Info from locals that give so much added detail. It sounds very much like that could have been one of her plans. Thank God for that camera's internal clock, or who knows what other phantom leads LE would have been chasing down.

:Welcome-12-june: to posting!

yes i looked at this too. the murdered woman's car was found with the purse in it and so was casey's. i found a forensic astrology website that gave a report much like housemouse's about the murdered woman. it made my hair stand straight up. i started to post it here but being such a newbie and wanting to have respect for the other family i did not. if you would

yes i looked at this too. the murdered woman's car was found with the purse in it and so was casey's. i found a forensic astrology website that gave a report much like housemouse's about the murdered woman. it made my hair stand straight up. i started to post it here but being such a newbie and wanting to have respect for the other family i did not.t.

I didn't even think about the purse on the seat part. You're right. I still feel very sad for the jogger's family, and her husband. I hope they find her murderer soon. Remember on the news they said how her husband went to the park looking for her and found her car. I wonder if that was Casey's plan. They said how she came up with these romantic/tragic fantasies, like how Caylee's father supposedly died on his way to her first b-day party. How tragic it would've been for her to have been in the park in the rain looking for her daughter. She's messed up.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone! I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts, I just wish it wasn't such a sad topic. I am so captivated by this little girl, and I was so hoping that she would be coming home safely, although deep down, I knew that wouldn't be happening. I just wish Casey would come clean on where the body is and let this little girl rest in peace.

I wonder if it was Casey's plan to disappear and make it look like she was somewhere out there with Caylee's body? But just never got around to the disappearing part?

I didn't even think about the purse on the seat part. You're right. I still feel very sad for the jogger's family, and her husband. I hope they find her murderer soon. Remember on the news they said how her husband went to the park looking for her and found her car. I wonder if that was Casey's plan. They said how she came up with these romantic/tragic fantasies, like how Caylee's father supposedly died on his way to her first b-day party. How tragic it would've been for her to have been in the park in the rain looking for her daughter. She's messed up.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone! I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts, I just wish it wasn't such a sad topic. I am so captivated by this little girl, and I was so hoping that she would be coming home safely, although deep down, I knew that wouldn't be happening. I just wish Casey would come clean on where the body is and let this little girl rest in peace.
Welcome Hope for the Best! I'm new too, but had to say that I had looked up the date of the other murder too because I'm just fascinated with the "mind of Casey" and what the heck she was thinking with all her intricate lies and stories....

I appreciate the way you carefully presented your theory.

I'm still not ready to jump on the pre-meditated-murder-not-accident train, but that sure is food for thought! She could have concocted that one after-the-fact too, I suppose.

I have always, always, always wondered in the back of my mind why the entire family forgot when Father's Day was. I chalked it up to stress and shock.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure Cindy always said "30 days"! And Casey said "31 days" at the same time they were saying June 9th.

Oh dear, I've gone and given myself a headache again.

But...I'm not blaming you great post!

And welcome!

Well, since Casey was not at the nursing home, she would not have known that her mother took video. I think that she had a lot of "back-up plans" for how she was going to explain away the death of her daughter. The intial thought may be to blame it on the JBP killer, by telling Lee that she had lost her phone there (after telling LE that she left it on her des at her Universal office, and by mentioning JBP several times as places that she liked to go with Caylee. Maybe she was going to plead mental block because she so traumatized by the murder at the hands of a psycho killer.

Maybe once Cindy got ahold of her she confused Cindy on purpose with the dates in an attempt to leadher in that direction too. When that backfired, she just kept changing the story to suit the new evidence being collected.

Oh wow. That's creepy. I've always thought there had to a reason for Casey's insistence on the date of June 9, despite everything pointing to a week later. It just didn't make sense that she would insist on June 9.

Add that with her specifying Blanchard Park several times and seeming to focus, or want a focus, on it, and... just wow!

Thank you very much for posting this important and very interesting information, Hope for the Best. Great sleuthing!!

More than one attack on women in that area. I wonder if these places correlate to any other locations Casey has mentioned. I'm not local, so I don't know.

From http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-east-orange-attack-0814,0,5605284.story

A 25-year-old woman walking her dog along Goldenrod Road and Toledo Street on July 7 at 6: 30 p.m. was pulled into the woods by a man who ripped off part of her shirt. The woman escaped her attacker and ran screaming into a nearby apartment complex.

Detectives found the body of 26-year-old Ganguzza on June 10 in a wooded area of Jay Blanchard Park, off E. Colonial Drive and N. Econlockhatchee Trail. Investigators said she was pulled off the trial while she was jogging and killed.

Other attacks in the area include a Jan. 13, 2007 attack on a jogger in the area of Dean and Buck roads. A man wearing a hooded pullover stepped out from behind a wall and grabbed the victim. She escaped and ran to her apartment.

Another woman was attacked on Oct. 10, 2006, on Fryland Road and Econlockhatchee Trail. The suspect pulled out a gun and pressed it against her neck. He told her, "Do as I tell you and I won't hurt you. Fight and I'll kill you." That victim also escaped her attacker.

Oh wow. That's creepy. I've always thought there had to a reason for Casey's insistence on the date of June 9, despite everything pointing to a week later. It just didn't make sense that she would insist on June 9.

Add that with her specifying Blanchard Park several times and seeming to focus, or want a focus, on it, and... just wow!

Thank you very much for posting this important and very interesting information, Hope for the Best. Great sleuthing!!

Ditto exactly. Casey's obvious need for the 9th has stuck out to me and this could be it. My thanks as well for posting.

Article about Nicole Ganguzza from June 11, 2008:
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...=14&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Investigators are ruling the case a kidnapping and murder.

The woman’s body was finally found after hours of searching behind an East Orange county post office. Her car was found abandoned at Blanchard Park.

1) Please tell me Casey didn't plan Caylee's murder.

2) Should this area be searched for Caylee's body? Just in case, even in an off chance, Casey was using Nicole Ganguzza's murder as a way to explain away Caylee's demise?

ETA: more on location of post office from http://www.local6.com/news/16580566/detail.html

Orange County sheriff's deputies said the body of Nicole Ganguzza was found near a post office located about a half mile from Blanchard Park, located off state Road 50 between Dean and Rouse roads, where she routinely went to exercise.

Yesterday on several different sites I read or saw something about Casey changing her story to dropping Caylee of at Blanchard park to ZG & her cousin Sam. I've so overwhelmed with info and mind is so full I can't remember where/who I heard this from. Was it Leonard last night on NG or somewhere else. Anyone hear about this?

Yesterday on several different sites I read or saw something about Casey changing her story to dropping Caylee of at Blanchard park to ZG & her cousin Sam. I've so overwhelmed with info and mind is so full I can't remember where/who I heard this from. Was it Leonard last night on NG or somewhere else. Anyone hear about this?

I read that on this forum yesterday after the air testing came out. I assumed it was just a rumor. Would love to confirm it, though. She is such a liar.

Damn, they may have to hire this girl to get into the minds of sociopaths while she's in prison for the rest of her life. I really like the "purse left in the car" ploy. Yes, it is surprising the dates had not been connected until now.

Very insightful, Hope For The Best. It really helps to have the "living in Orlando" input, as I'm sure it was all over the news there, and the date could have easily been remembered. One of the first things that stuck out to me was CA on the phone to her brother saying she had been to JBlanchard park and possibly lost her phone there.

Hi WS,
This is actually my second post. I thought that this information might seem interesting and so I wanted to share.
My mother is close friend's with a coworker that has relatives on the street of the Anthony's.
Apparently, my mother's friend told her the following information about the area around the pool and Caylee.
There was me type of tree (on the smaller side) that Caylee would climb and then jump into the backyard pool from. The tree was taken out - it might have been because of this or because of some landscaping reason.
Nevertheless, it has been said that possibly Caylee got into the pool from another way perhhaps by jumping from the top of the playhouse into the pool. Now, I doubt that the playhouse was tall enough to do this or that Caylee was adventurous enough to do this. But, there have been "neighborhood gossip" that probably what happened is Caylee was not being watched and Caysee "checked out" perhaps hung over and took a long nap. Caylee then got bored played in the backyard and ultimately drowned.

Anyways, I just wanted to share.

Thanks WS community for being such a cool group of people!
EV1214

This is interesting. This would explain the parallel universe Casey tends to live in.

Well, since Casey was not at the nursing home, she would not have known that her mother took video. I think that she had a lot of "back-up plans" for how she was going to explain away the death of her daughter. The intial thought may be to blame it on the JBP killer, by telling Lee that she had lost her phone there (after telling LE that she left it on her des at her Universal office, and by mentioning JBP several times as places that she liked to go with Caylee. Maybe she was going to plead mental block because she so traumatized by the murder at the hands of a psycho killer.

Maybe once Cindy got ahold of her she confused Cindy on purpose with the dates in an attempt to leadher in that direction too. When that backfired, she just kept changing the story to suit the new evidence being collected.

In Casey's interview at Universal she talked about the family having a video of Caylee reading and telling about her favorite book. It was the same book that Caylee was talking to Casey about in the 'short phone call from a private number' - the day her mom called in LE.

It's odd that nearly everyone uses the June 9 date.

Hi WS,
This is actually my second post. I thought that this information might seem interesting and so I wanted to share.
My mother is close friend's with a coworker that has relatives on the street of the Anthony's.
Apparently, my mother's friend told her the following information about the area around the pool and Caylee.
There was me type of tree (on the smaller side) that Caylee would climb and then jump into the backyard pool from. The tree was taken out - it might have been because of this or because of some landscaping reason.
Nevertheless, it has been said that possibly Caylee got into the pool from another way perhhaps by jumping from the top of the playhouse into the pool. Now, I doubt that the playhouse was tall enough to do this or that Caylee was adventurous enough to do this. But, there have been "neighborhood gossip" that probably what happened is Caylee was not being watched and Caysee "checked out" perhaps hung over and took a long nap. Caylee then got bored played in the backyard and ultimately drowned.

Anyways, I just wanted to share.

Thanks WS community for being such a cool group of people!
EV1214

Welcome aboard EV.

I can see that happening. I can also see her getting angry & killing Caylee accidentally or on purpose to hurt her mother. I think we'd all believe anything is possible with this worthless mother.

Sadly, I think Casey will end up making up some confession that will put her in the best possible position.

LE is practically begging her to just admit Caylee died by accident & tell them where her body is, so how are we to believe her if she DOES claim that's what happened? :confused:

I really like Hope For The Best's theory about Blanchard Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie