VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male, 26 June 1995 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question. I am trying to get ahold of LE in Virginia, and I need to know if I should contact Greensville County Sherriffs, because I cannot find what actual city this accident took place in.

I have a question. I am trying to get ahold of LE in Virginia, and I need to know if I should contact Greensville County Sherriffs, because I cannot find what actual city this accident took place in.

Just west of Emporia. Greensville Sheriff's Office is in Emporia!
Would you believe some of my father's relatives live right there in Emporia near where this happened. One of the streets off Hwy 58 even has our name on it (probably their driveway).

Greensville Co. Sheriff's Office
174 Uriah Branch Way Emporia, VA 23847 Non-Emergency Phone: (434) 348-4200 Emergency Only: 911 Fax: (434) 634-9615 E-mail: gcso@telpage.net

Hey, has anyone tried searching through Jasons in zabasearch? I thought someone here did.

Anyway, I checked and there were a couple of people looking for Jasons that sounded like they were family members who hadn't seen the Jason they were looking for in years.

(like this one: To: JASON O. TAYLOR
JASON, I WOULD LIKE FOR YOU TO KNOW THAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CONTACT YOU AND, FIND YOU FOR SEVERAL YEARS. I AM NOT SURE IF I HAVE FOUND YOU RIGHT NOW BUT IF YOU ARE MY SON JASON WHO HAS A BROTHER NAME STEVEN THEN CAN YOU PLEASE CALL ME TO LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE DOING ALRIGHT. I WOULD LIKE FOR YOU TO COME STAY HERE WITH ME. LOVE ALWAYS MARY 772 460-2185.)

I know that Tawni Mazzone's aunt posted a message in zabasearch--maybe JD's relatives did too?

I'm sure there'd be a lot, but maybe if we split them up--not all of the messages will qualify, if it's just someone looking for Jason Whoever who went to school with them. We'd need a message from a family member.

Hey, has anyone tried searching through Jasons in zabasearch? I thought someone here did.

Anyway, I checked and there were a couple of people looking for Jasons that sounded like they were family members who hadn't seen the Jason they were looking for in years.

(like this one: To: JASON O. TAYLOR
JASON, I WOULD LIKE FOR YOU TO KNOW THAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CONTACT YOU AND, FIND YOU FOR SEVERAL YEARS. I AM NOT SURE IF I HAVE FOUND YOU RIGHT NOW BUT IF YOU ARE MY SON JASON WHO HAS A BROTHER NAME STEVEN THEN CAN YOU PLEASE CALL ME TO LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE DOING ALRIGHT. I WOULD LIKE FOR YOU TO COME STAY HERE WITH ME. LOVE ALWAYS MARY 772 460-2185.)

I know that Tawni Mazzone's aunt posted a message in zabasearch--maybe JD's relatives did too?

I'm sure there'd be a lot, but maybe if we split them up--not all of the messages will qualify, if it's just someone looking for Jason Whoever who went to school with them. We'd need a message from a family member.

It's too bad that Jason is such a common name, certainly would make the task easier if we thought he had a much more unusual name!

That said, I'd be willing to help look around on there. You never know what you might find. How would we go about contacting the people who have left the messages? To be honest, I'd feel rather uncomfortable calling total strangers about such a sensitive subject.

Maybe a better approach would be for us to post a message on there? You're right, I don't want to upset someone unnecessarily.

i went to archive.org and found the concert there i'm trying to find video of it maybe our guy happened to be in the videos or the man that posted the concert stuff has pictures?

first one: definitely could be him

second one is a girl, so probably not. :crazy:

I went to the source site of those pictures, and according to the descriptions and comments, neither is from the show our "Jason" attended.

http://www.gratefuldead.com/archives/1995/photos/soundboard-desert-sky-pavilion

http://www.gratefuldead.com/archives/1995/photos/crowd-seattle-center

If he was a follower of the Dead for awhile, he definitely might have attended those shows. But I'd say it is pretty unlikely that of the few images on the website from 1995, our guy is just going to happen to be in one. That said, the idea of trying to find old pictures or video footage taken at the concert isn't a bad one.

While we should keep in mind that the composite of "Jason" may not be extremely accurate to how he looked in life, we do know what he was wearing and have a general description/idea of his height and build, and hair color. Given a clear picture, I don't think it is impossible that we could pick him out of a crowd. Slim chance? probably, but I'd be willing to take the time to go through pictures if someone comes across some.

Perhaps we could start posting on GD fan sites and forums and asking if anyone has old pictures or videos from that concert that they would consider sharing? Sure it probably isn't going to lead us right to his real identity, but it would be neat to see how he looked in life.

thats what I was thinking I know if I were at a concert surrounded by the same people for any given amount of time I would kind of get to know them. I'm trying to join the grateful dead web site to join forums and see if anybody took pictures or video of the concert.

I'm not sure about that second picture I posted being a girl. I can see how easily that could look like him. Its so weird how with the shirt and the hair, the face. I'm torn is that a girl or a guy I dont know...

I'm not sure about that second picture I posted being a girl. I can see how easily that could look like him. Its so weird how with the shirt and the hair, the face. I'm torn is that a girl or a guy I dont know...

The shirt is not the same one "Jason" was wearing when he died. Not only was that shirt quite a bit darker, but it was from the concert he had just attended. The picture that you posted is apparently from an entirely different concert, which the comments claim was in 1994.

As to the person in question being male or female, I can't really tell. Though I think the lower half of the face looks rather feminine.

You can get a pretty decent look at the shirt he was found in, here: http://www.geocities.com/trying2id/JDpage.html

oh I see...ya the shirt is like dark red. what about that zabasearch has anyone posted anything on there yet

I just did:

"I am a member of an internet forum called Websleuths, and we are seeking to identify an unidentified young man who died in a car accident on June 27, 1995. He was between 16-21 years of age, and may have been named "Jason." He was between 5'7-5'9, 169 lbs., and had light brown/dark blond hair that may have been dyed red at some point. He may have been following the Grateful Dead. For more information, please see http://doenetwork.org/cases/127umva.html and leave a message here if you knew this young man. Thank you."

yikes, I hope I don't get a bunch of wacko messages!

The man standing in the crowd with the red curly hair seemed to have a moustache to me and he looked a little too old to be Jason. It was a great find though.

Here is what gets me. "Jason" had perfect teeth. You would think that a parent who took their child to the dentist regularly is a responsible parent. I would also tend to think that a responsible parent would be searching for their child.

These are not facts, but thoughts:
  • Jason's parents are elderly and are not familiar with how to use the internet.
  • Jason's parents are deceased.
  • Jason was an only child and therefore would not have siblings looking for him.
As crazy as it sounds, is there a way to contact all dentists on the east coast asking if they recognize this person? It would be time consuming, but maybe there is a way it could be done on the internet, in a forum such as this.

Here is what gets me. "Jason" had perfect teeth. You would think that a parent who took their child to the dentist regularly is a responsible parent. I would also tend to think that a responsible parent would be searching for their child.

Something that needs to be taken in consideration is, "Jason" went missing in 1995. If he had a history of being a runaway, most LE (during that time) wouldn't even consider filing a missing report.

Look what happened with Tawni Lee Mazzone, formerally known as Maricopa Jane Doe. Her mother tried to report her as missing, tho, the police wouldn't file a report because of her history. Five days after that attempt Tawni is dead. However, it took more than 9 years for the family to discover that.

I'm willing to bet that the same scenerio is going to take place with "Jason" and many of the other unidentified young people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer