Jose Baez: Speaking to the media doesn't do you any favors

tabbykiki

Intelligent User
Reaction score
I'm furious. I just watched the 10pm airing of NG (live). This guy sits there and talks to the media constantly, trying to defend his client. He just sat there and said the focus should be on finding Caylee. When a reporter asked him why his client is not giving up information on where Caylee is, he responds that the public doesn't know what Casey as said to him and that she has credible reasons for doing the things she has. What? Didn't you just say the focus should be on finding Caylee???? If that were the case then why doesn't your client HELP FIND THIS CHILD???? :furious:

Everything I've read indicates he's taking on her defense pro bono. I hope he doesn't think that the media attention he is receiving is going to get him some money eventually. I personally think he is doing a disastourous job in defending his client. What type of defense attorney shows a fax supposedly sent to LE and whines on tv about how his client is arrested? This whole fiasco is shameful. Just shameful.

Baez needs to put his big girl panties on and deal with it!

LE is under no obligation to him whatsoever to divulge information about rearresting Casey.

Not so sure Baez is doing pro bono------he may be getting fringe benefits!

I agree it is shameful! But I agree with Baez. LE should have let him take Casey in this afternoon before the mob gathered. That mob had no business being there. Would have achieved the same result without the circus.

Salem

I agree tabbykiki, I couldn't believe him! Blaming the government and the media isn't going to help. This is a circus, starring his client.

I'm furious. I just watched the 10pm airing of NG (live). This guy sits there and talks to the media constantly, trying to defend his client. He just sat there and said the focus should be on finding Caylee. When a reporter asked him why his client is not giving up information on where Caylee is, he responds that the public doesn't know what Casey as said to him and that she has credible reasons for doing the things she has. What? Didn't you just say the focus should be on finding Caylee???? If that were the case then why doesn't your client HELP FIND THIS CHILD???? :furious:

Everything I've read indicates he's taking on her defense pro bono. I hope he doesn't think that the media attention he is receiving is going to get him some money eventually. I personally think he is doing a disastourous job in defending his client. What type of defense attorney shows a fax supposedly sent to LE and whines on tv about how his client is arrested? This whole fiasco is shameful. Just shameful.

I am so behind on everything, could you tell me about the fax Jose showed to the world?

You know I don't agree with Baez on this one, nor any of the talking heads on Greta tonight (except Ted). It may not be typical to send homicide detectives to arrest her. It may not be typical to arrest her versus giving Baez a courtesy to bring her in. But you know what? This isn't a typical case. This is a case where this mother has lied, lied, lied and done everything in her power to lead LE on a wild goose chase, thus wasting thousands of dollars of tax payer's money. LE wants to find this baby. If they want to arrest this souless woman in front of the mobs let them. They are fully justified in doing so and don't owe that blow hole Baez or his client any courtesy whatsoever. JMO

I am so behind on everything, could you tell me about the fax Jose showed to the world?

It was supposedly a "fax" that he sent LE once he got drift of LE's intentions of arresting Casey. The fax said that he would surrender her to LE so they didn't have to arrest her. He also accused LE of leaking the info and said they weren't interested in finding Caylee. That's when a reporter asked him why his client wasn't giving info on where her daughter was. Baez has gotten himself in a deep hole. He needs to zip it before it gets worse.

I agree that he is a whiney hiney...what's good for the goose is good for the gander...he needs to remember that.

I just watched it on DVR - I couldn't believe the smirk on his face!

It was supposedly a "fax" that he sent LE once he got drift of LE's intentions of arresting Casey. The fax said that he would surrender her to LE so they didn't have to arrest her. He also accused LE of leaking the info and said they weren't interested in finding Caylee. That's when a reporter asked him why his client wasn't giving info on where her daughter was. Baez has gotten himself in a deep hole. He needs to zip it before it gets worse.

What, did he attend a "how to be an A'hole, and turn the public totally against you and your client" seminar given by Mark Geragos?
I understand that defense atty's have a tough job, they have to defend their client any way they can, but blantantly accusing LE of ignoring evidence and trying to pretend you/your client is trying to help find CAYLEE is just despicable....Jose hasnt been practicing long has he?

I've seen a lot of defense attorneys on tv defending their clients through the years. Some I have thought less of and disliked... But with Baez there is something else going on here. He almost seems charged when he speaks to the media and spouts his BS. Shouldn't his first focus be to defend his client, not kiss the cameras???

My guess is that with the Padillas taking care of the security of the residence that they was informed that he police would be arriving tonight and with that info they told some of the reporters that were on site and that is how so many news chanels knew that something was going down tonight

Jose also said on video he didn't know about the immunity offer and we now know he knew for over 30 days. He is a liar also. The "things we don't know" statement really got me as well. Well people get ready for the next bombshell comment from Jose and Cindy.......Al Quaeda has Caylee.

This is so very sad.

What, did he attend a "how to be an A'hole, and turn the public totally against you and your client" seminar given by Mark Geragos?
I understand that defense atty's have a tough job, they have to defend their client any way they can, but blantantly accusing LE of ignoring evidence and trying to pretend you/your client is trying to help find CAYLEE is just despicable....Jose hasnt been practicing long has he?

Here's his website - http://www.baezlawfirm.com/Home_English_May.html. I think it's important to note what his home page says - "You never get a second chance to make a first impression." Laughable at best.

Another dumb question I have, when you are released on bond, there are certain restrictions, could one of hers by not being arrested or charged with another crime? If so, wouldnt that revoke her initial bond and cause her to be placed in custody until her trial for child endangerment?
Sorry to keep asking dumb things....

Jose also said on video he didn't know about the immunity offer and we now know he knew for over 30 days. He is a liar also. The "things we don't know" statement really got me as well. Well people get ready for the next bombshell comment from Jose and Cindy.......Al Quaeda has Caylee.

This is so very sad.

He seems to lie as much as Casey. Yes, he did lie about the immunity issue. He also said that he hasn't had a chance to look at the DNA tests yet. I'd bet he's lying through his teeth on that one too. Give me a break. The defense attorney doesn't know what evidence LE is gathering against his client? Come on. He acted like he knew less that I did. Hard to believe. Everything I have learned is public knowledge. Then he says that he knows inside info that Casey has told him. He acts like he has some sort of "special" interest in his client... It's very strange.

I agree it is shameful! But I agree with Baez. LE should have let him take Casey in this afternoon before the mob gathered. That mob had no business being there. Would have achieved the same result without the circus.

Salem

But is was so much fun to watch ;)

My guess is that with the Padillas taking care of the security of the residence that they was informed that he police would be arriving tonight and with that info they told some of the reporters that were on site and that is how so many news chanels knew that something was going down tonight

It happened during the protest. Every TV station was going to be there anyway. They have crews living in front of the house.

What about the part where Cindy hung all over him and laid her head on his shoulder in a show of solidarity!? GAG, PUKE, THROW UP

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back