GUILTY NY - Erin Maxwell, 11, found hanged, Palermo, 29 Aug 2008

SteveHuff

The Websleuther formerly known as misterallgood
Reaction score
Website
www.truecrimeweblog.com
This is just as strange as it gets:

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf?/base/news-15/1220259324120020.xml&coll=1

Quotes from the news story:
The death of an 11-year-old [...] Palermo girl on Friday was being investigated Sunday as a homicide, according to state police.

Investigators were releasing almost no information about the death of Erin E. Maxwell at her home at 1647 state Route 264. They would say only that rescue workers responded to a medical call at the home around 5:20 p.m. Friday and that she died of her injuries later at University Hospital.

[...]

Neighbors say Erin and her family kept to themselves in an area where everyone knows each other. They lived in a home filled with 120 cats, according to animal-control investigators. The home reeked of animal feces and urine, the investigators said.
I can't fathom stories like this. I can barely write about them, as a journalist. This one already reeks of very strange, incredibly sad circumstances for the children in the home.

Steve

OMG....I'm sick to my stomach after reading this. I don't have any words....none at all..just tears and overwhelming sadness.

:( How sad for this little girl.

From the link above that Steve provided:
http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...020.xml&coll=1

"A male who lives at the Maxwells' home, who appeared to be in his early 20s, was often seen in the yard wearing a cape and a feathered hat and brandishing a sword, according to Lindsley and other neighbors. He would sometimes walk down Route 264 in the outfit, Lindsley said."

Well, that is the person I would sit in the chair underneath the bright lights first. I bet he had a fantasy life on-line - if they had computer access.

Poor, poor little girl.

Apparently, this may be another case where the child was reported to officials, and in this case, the living conditions were ruled to be "a lifestyle choice". WTF does that mean???

See the "Comments" left at this news story:
http://tinyurl.com/55jo54

From poster named vjs529 - 9:59 AM today, 9/1/08
I knew the little girl. I along with others have turned the family in, a number of times to DSS to no avail. The living conditions were putrid, animal waste, 100's of animals of all varieties wandering through the house and kitchen. Animal waste greets you in the shed at the door. This child has a history of being neglected, underfed, and certainly abused and no one would remove her from the home. It was branded a lifestyle choice. Erin had no choices, she was at the mercy of her family and our system, both of which failed her. It makes me sick, that the big issue out there now is how many animals are being taken from the home. We need to ask ourselves, why, the living conditions are bad enough to remove the animals, but considered a lifestyle choice when deciding whether to remove a helpless child. Erin was a most beautiful child with so much potential and resiliancy. I hope justice will found here and I sincerely hope our DSS is held accountable for this preventable tragedy.

Apparently, this may be another case where the child was reported to officials, and in this case, the living conditions were ruled to be "a lifestyle choice". WTF does that mean???

I knew the little girl. I along with others have turned the family in, a number of times to DSS to no avail. The living conditions were putrid, animal waste, 100's of animals of all varieties wandering through the house and kitchen. Animal waste greets you in the shed at the door. This child has a history of being neglected, underfed, and certainly abused and no one would remove her from the home. It was branded a lifestyle choice. Erin had no choices, she was at the mercy of her family and our system, both of which failed her. It makes me sick, that the big issue out there now is how many animals are being taken from the home. We need to ask ourselves, why, the living conditions are bad enough to remove the animals, but considered a lifestyle choice when deciding whether to remove a helpless child. Erin was a most beautiful child with so much potential and resiliancy. I hope justice will found here and I sincerely hope our DSS is held accountable for this preventable tragedy.

Oh man.:furious: Here we go. I can't even think about this.:mad:

OMG, this is so heartbreaking!! :(

That poor child!! NO child should grow up and live like this and I wonder why noone helped her if it was reported! Makes me sick!!!

this is heartbreaking! :(
The poor little girl was failed by everyone.

I hate to think this, but maybe she hanged herself out of depression. That or her sword-brandishing brother was playing a sick game.

Prayers for her soul. I am sure she is resting in a much better place with the angels.

It appears that animals are more important than children.

This link has a photograph of this sweet little girl, Erin Maxwell.

LE are not comfortable calling this a suicide. The only time suicide was mentioned was in the 911 call.

Living in the home were Erin's biological father, Lindsey Maxwell, and her step-mother Lynn Maxwell, and Lynn's son, Alan Jones aged 27. LE says they have no particular "person of interest" right now. The family is staying at a hotel.

Meanwhile this link also has alot of comments from people claiming to "know" this or that. One person claiming to be family somewhere across the country.

God Bless this poor, poor little girl.

http://blog.syracuse.com/news/oswego/

OMG! WTF is wrong with people??? How awful! Poor girl!!!

That is so very sad. My heart breaks for this little girl. Thank God she is in heaven with the angels now. ((((((((((Erin))))))))))

How sad. Sounds like she was l living with a bunch of nutjobs.

Seeing her picture made my heart break for her all over again... :(

RIP sweet angel Erin!

From the link above that Steve provided:
http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...020.xml&coll=1

"A male who lives at the Maxwells' home, who appeared to be in his early 20s, was often seen in the yard wearing a cape and a feathered hat and brandishing a sword, according to Lindsley and other neighbors. He would sometimes walk down Route 264 in the outfit, Lindsley said."

Well, that is the person I would sit in the chair underneath the bright lights first. I bet he had a fantasy life on-line - if they had computer access.

He sounds like he has a schizophrenic personality. Hearing voices/visions of grandeur and acting the part. Something is extremely wrong with the family (obviously) and it trickles down and poor Erin is the victim of this atrocity. Lifestyle...phooey...abuse and neglect are more the answer. Going to find some other personality disorders within this group.

I heard a comment the other night on the news and the person said the prisons are filled with personality disordered individuals. These people know right from wrong and act out their impulses anyway. If the man is schizophrenic and not on meds there is further culpability from the people responsible for his care. These same people are responsible for having children live in squalid/unhealthy conditions due to enough animals to fill a zoo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back