Additional Evidence..

Shavaun

I can't figure out if this is Jimmy or Pinky. Has
Reaction score
http://www.wesh.com/news/17353349/detail.html

"ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Orange Sheriff’s Office said again Monday that “there is a strong probability” that Caylee Anthony is dead, noting that investigators have “additional evidence that has not been made public.”

The statement came a day after investigators for the first time on the record acknowledged that recent FBI lab tests indicated that Caylee Anthony's body was in her mother's trunk and that the child is dead.

Officials did not say what additional evidence they have, saying the investigation is ongoing. "

I'm sure there are mountains of additional evidence, both direct and circumstantial, that we won't know about until trial.

I have always assumed that there was plenty more evidence than they were sharing with us. Above all, they need to protect their case despite the publics' cry for information.

I have always assumed that there was plenty more evidence than they were sharing with us. Above all, they need to protect their case despite the publics' cry for information.

I 2nd that...

They need to stop using the word PROBABLY. They are playing into JB's hand if their case all hinges on the current forensics results in the end. Mark my word...

I'm sure there are mountains of additional evidence, both direct and circumstantial, that we won't know about until trial.
Agreed.
Do you know what the criteria was for the information that was included in the 400? I mean, did they have to reveal everything they had? or just some? I am asking because I am wondering if the additional evidence had to come after the 400 page release or if there is lots of info that was not released?

Well I know we all assumed. But I thought it would be nice to read :)

Theyd be in reaallllyyy bad shape if there was nothing else lol.

They have to have more evidence. Just releasing bits of info to put the squeeze on mommy and C&G...and JB.

They are playing into JB's hand if their case all hinges on the current forensics results in the end.

I think they have probably done this a time or two before....

They use the word probably because it doesn't suit THEIR case to speak in absolutes during an ongoing investigation, in which there is a deal on the table and they are hoping for both a BODY and a CONFESSION.

“If any evidence to the contrary is provided, it will be vigorously pursued,” the statement from Capt. Angelo Nieves said.

"The information we've gotten back from the FBI lab has clearly helped us focus our investigation," Allen said.

I found these two statements interesting.
http://www.wesh.com/news/17353349/detail.html

makes me wonder if this is in anyway related to the things csi collected around that whole jetski thing....

They need to stop using the word PROBABLY. They are playing into JB's hand if their case all hinges on the current forensics results in the end. Mark my word...

I don't understand what you mean by this.

I think they are using the word Probably and other non-definitive words to try and push JB and Casey's hand and to get her to take the deal so they can find Caylee. JMO. I think that they most likely have a rock solid case, IMO, but they would like to give that little leeway to Casey in exchange on finding Caylee and giving the GPs closure as well as themselves.

They have to have more evidence. Just releasing bits of info to put the squeeze on mommy and C&G...and JB.
----------
Hi suggie~ welcome to WS..Is it possible they are holding back on purpose? this way if she does make bail again they'd have more to nail her on.I believe they do not want her out of jail with a passion!! Nore

I believe they are holding back on the possible murder evidence and only giving up the child neglect and false statement evidence so they can buy as much time as possible before they charge her with murder. If they charge Casey with murder now, JB can demand the speedy trial, hoping the body doesn't show up and all the DNA analysis isnt back.

Agreed.
Do you know what the criteria was for the information that was included in the 400? I mean, did they have to reveal everything they had? or just some? I am asking because I am wondering if the additional evidence had to come after the 400 page release or if there is lots of info that was not released?

The information in the 400+ page release is discovery or evidence LE has that pertains to the current charges only. Any evidence they have related to a possible homicide charge has not, nor will be released until it is required as discovery for her defense counsel. .

I think they are using the word Probably and other non-definitive words to try and push JB and Casey's hand and to get her to take the deal so they can find Caylee. JMO. I think that they most likely have a rock solid case, IMO, but they would like to give that little leeway to Casey in exchange on finding Caylee and giving the GPs closure as well as themselves.

I don't really care WHY they are saying it. All JB has to do in court is say "well if their forensic evidence is so conclusive why are they using the word probably?"

Either LE believes in forensic science or they don't. There can't be an in between. So LE saying even though they confirmed Caylee's hair shows signs of decomposition, they aren't sure they are looking for a dead body. They are HELPING the defense's case at this moment by saying that.

Thank you for posting this. really gave more details about fridays change of events......if sources are correct...she has more than one felony and faces up to 17 years. Thats pretty significant. Not that she's get or serve all that time. But wow!!

qoute from the posted article "Sheriff's investigators said the timing of the arrest Friday was not orchestrated. They said these latest economic crime charges are a separate matter from the child neglect case.

With two new felony counts and one misdemeanor, Casey Anthony is now facing up to 17 years in prison if convicted of everything."

Totally disagree wedavis.

There can't be an in between.

This is still an ONGOING investigation with a deal on the table. This is not yet trial prep, and we are quoting LE, not the prosecutor. WHEN she is charged they will speak in 100% absolutes. Until then, "indicate" "probability" etc will be used. Those terms best suit THEIR case against HER. They are NOT aiding the defense. They are being smart.

They still want her to talk! They want a body and a confession. They are not going to be heavy handed with the absolutes when there is a deal on the table, and no formal charges yet. They still want her to work with them.

Please remember, what they believe behind closed doors and in briefing meetings is likely different/skewed/filtered than what they put out to the media.

The information in the 400+ page release is discovery or evidence LE has that pertains to the current charges only. Any evidence they have related to a possible homicide charge has not, nor will be released until it is required as discovery for her defense counsel. .
Thank you marina!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back