Tennesse Body Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

poco

Reaction score
Poco, WHAT IN THE WORLD could or would the LE send to the Tn. Body Farm? Do you have a guess? I mean, I used to live in Oak Ridge, Tn. (20) mi. from Knoxville and both my kids went (one still finishing up) to UT. We've known about this world-renowned body farm for years, but I thought you'd need a skeleton or body flesh or something for them to help you. Maybe they HAVE the body, but I don't think so. What's the deal?

gaia:confused:

Poco, WHAT IN THE WORLD could or would the LE send to the Tn. Body Farm? Do you have a guess? I mean, I used to live in Oak Ridge, Tn. (20) mi. from Knoxville and both my kids went (one still finishing up) to UT. We've known about this world-renowned body farm for years, but I thought you'd need a skeleton or body flesh or something for them to help you. Maybe they HAVE the body, but I don't think so. What's the deal?

gaia:confused:

Air samples......wow you're way behind?

Body Farm recently worked on the Charles Manson case......they were looking for old graves near the Manson family's hideout. I think they had some equipment that could determine if a body was buried under the soil....

This place is absolutely incredible and never knew it was there until this case and now I want to learn more and more and more about it.

Here are some links if you have any interest. I just purchased the book called Death's Acres.

http://www.rense.com/politics6/flesh.htm

http://www.jeffersonbass.com/videos.html

http://whyfiles.org/192forensic_anthro/2.html

I think this is so incredibly interesting - thought you might, too!

A Non-Fiction book you might enjoy: "Stiff-the Curious Lives of Human Cadavers" by Mary Roach. This book was awesome, I couldn't put it down until I finished it! She took a tour of the Body Farm and talks a lot about it in the book as well.

My mom, Gaia, is way behind. I have gotten her interested this week, I think.

Re: The Body Farm. When you drive past that area on Neyland Drive at the bend or on Alcoa Highway, sometimes you can smell it. At least, that is what I have been told for years that stench is. In the summer when it is really hot and humid, it just hits you for a bit as you drive by. I always wondered what that particular putrid smell was and was told by several people that it was in fact the stench of human decomp. That being said, I imagine that Casey's car had a similar pungent odor and it is impossible to miss in my opinion.

So, "Hi, Mom!" Read it and catch up with us while you can. Looks like you still have power and Internet, so you guys have survived the storm! Woohoo!

My mom, Gaia, is way behind. I have gotten her interested this week, I think.

Re: The Body Farm. When you drive past that area on Neyland Drive at the bend or on Alcoa Highway, sometimes you can smell it. At least, that is what I have been told for years that stench is. In the summer when it is really hot and humid, it just hits you for a bit as you drive by. I always wondered what that particular putrid smell was and was told by several people that it was in fact the stench of human decomp. That being said, I imagine that Casey's car had a similar pungent odor and it is impossible to miss in my opinion.

So, "Hi, Mom!" Read it and catch up with us while you can. Looks like you still have power and Internet, so you guys have survived the storm! Woohoo!

:) I always considered the body farm the best in the world...

WELL, EXCUSE ME SARA (my dd) AND MONOXIDE! I guess I'm WAAAY behind so you'll have to put up with this old woman - my mind is going I guess. Anyway, yep, Sara has me interested to a larger degree than I was earlier. It's an intriging story and I hope the killers (my opinion only, of course) Casey and her mom obstructing justice, get their comeuppance!

Hi, Sarie! Nice to talk to you on here. Call me. We survived Hanna without any real trouble. Do have the power off and the (your pop didn't think we needed it! - you know) generator is still going!

gaia:crazy:

Discovery channel did a documentary on the body farm. They replay it every now & then. It is very interesting. I can't find anything online, or I would provide a link.

WELL, EXCUSE ME SARA (my dd) AND MONOXIDE! I guess I'm WAAAY behind so you'll have to put up with this old woman - my mind is going I guess. Anyway, yep, Sara has me interested to a larger degree than I was earlier. It's an intriging story and I hope the killers (my opinion only, of course) Casey and her mom obstructing justice, get their comeuppance!

Hi, Sarie! Nice to talk to you on here. Call me. We survived Hanna without any real trouble. Do have the power off and the (your pop didn't think we needed it! - you know) generator is still going!

gaia:crazy:

:) Didn't mean it in a bad way.

A Non-Fiction book you might enjoy: "Stiff-the Curious Lives of Human Cadavers" by Mary Roach. This book was awesome, I couldn't put it down until I finished it! She took a tour of the Body Farm and talks a lot about it in the book as well.

Wow, thanks, will look that one up to. I just might donate my body to them ---- I think I'd have to pay, but that would be okay. I will ask for them to particularly put me in the sun as I use to be a sun worshiper, but age has taught me to take the sun with more caution. But, what the H, once I'm dead, what would it matter. Do you think I would tan?

I first heard about The Body Farm when I read a book called "Bodies We've Buried" which is about the National Forensic Academy. Part of the training they offer occurs at The Body Farm.

Very interesting read.

Lisa

thank you poco for this thread. And Fuzzy, that was when I first learned about the body farm....when I read P. Cornwell's book, The Body Farm, which is A GREAT BOOK!

Thought some of you guys would like a tour of the "BODY FARM" at the University of Tennessee.

The Body Farm
On the campus of the University of Tennessee lies a patch of ground unlike any in the world. The "Body Farm" is a place where human corpses are left to the elements, and every manner of decay is fully explored—for the sake of science and the cause of justice.

http://www.jeffersonbass.com/video_body_farm_tour.html

The Bone Detective

http://www.jeffersonbass.com/video_gunshot.html

http://www.jeffersonbass.com/video_body_farm_and_beyond.html

Whoa THANKS!!!

I took the tour when I accidentally found it while looking ...I think it was for your radio stations.

It is just amazing, fascinating stuff. Sad we need it though.

Did anyone ever confirm if someone from the Body Farm was on their way to Florida? It was mentioned a few days ago...just wondering!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie