Searchers find dog bones, and more?

Chilly Willy

Reaction score
According to this article, the weekend search turned up dog bones near the Anthony home.

And then today:

During Monday's search, several other piles of bones were found on Lee Vista Boulevard.

"It looks like a spine or backbone," searcher Martin Krasinsqui said.

The new bones were marked for investigators.

http://www.local6.com/news/17362849/detail.html

It shouldn't take long to determine whether the findings from today are human or animal.

Idk the rate of decomp, and if something like Lye or another chemical was used it could speed it up but I am not sure if she would only be bones at this point. I *shudder* as I type this...

According to this article, the weekend search turned up dog bones near the Anthony home.

And then today:

During Monday's search, several other piles of bones were found on Lee Vista Boulevard.

"It looks like a spine or backbone," searcher Martin Krasinsqui said.

The new bones were marked for investigators.

http://www.local6.com/news/17362849/detail.html

It shouldn't take long to determine whether the findings from today are human or animal.

Wow! I don't know much about the timeline for decomposition. Would a person who died in June be just bones by now? How long does decomposition take?

Idk the rate of decomp, and if something like Lye or another chemical was used it could speed it up but I am not sure if she would only be bones at this point. I *shudder* as I type this...

I don't know, it's been what, 10 weeks since Caylee disappeared? I have to wonder what goes on down there in Florida. Is it typical to find piles of bones sitting all over residential streets? :waitasec:

Is that the animal she hit with her car that caused her trunk to smell like a decomposing body?

George must be happy. lol

Danielle Van Dam was missing alot less longer than Caylee and there wasn't much left of her. They couldn't tell anything about her internal organs. I don't think there will be much left of Caylee.

Danielle Van Dam was missing alot less longer than Caylee and there wasn't much left of her. They couldn't tell anything about her internal organs. I don't think there will be much left of Caylee.
oh god just seeing that in writing makes me cry .. all those poor sweet innocent babies .. grr

What do cremated remains look like? Are the bones still in tact? This is the only way I imagine that it would be Caylee.

Something tells me it another animal. I would think there would be more than just bones if it were human. Such as bits of clothing, hair, teeth etc. even if it were scattered due to animals in the area.
Ewwww, I hate to think that.

Regarding the dog bones...

Many-a-family dog has been buried in the woods! I know two of my dogs growing up were buried "out behind the house", as were cats, hamsters, fish...

I know that if the body was buried, that slows decomp. If a body is exposed to air, it will decompose faster.
So seeing as how it was buried, the only way that Caylee would be bone by now would be if her body was laying somewhere exposed and very hot for a period of time and then buried.
I don't know how things like lye or other chemicals would affect that rate of decomp.
Also the same if scavengers got to the body. That would speed up the rate, but I don't know how much it would speed up the process.

Regarding the dog bones...

Many-a-family dog has been buried in the woods! I know two of my dogs growing up were buried "out behind the house", as were cats, hamsters, fish...

I wonder how these piles of bones are being found if they're buried.

They were wrapped in a baby blanket, that was unsettling.
I feel so terrible that they arent getting a big turnout for this search. If I was Florida Id be there everyday looking for that little girl, unfortunately Im in Ohio and have no way to get there.
Theres so much water down there, and it is such a huge possibility that if Casey killed her she was put into one of those bodies of water. I keep wondering if the searchers and police are diving during thier searches. And if not, why? It would seem theres more likeliness of finding her in a body of water than on land because it wouldve been easier for a murderer to hide her that way.

Wow! I don't know much about the timeline for decomposition. Would a person who died in June be just bones by now? How long does decomposition take?

I don't know the exact rate, although I'm sure some of that would depend on the weather, conditions where it was, etc. I do know this from a personal experience though. My brother was found dead in a park in Los Angeles. The police said that when he was found he had been dead somewhere between 2 days and 2 weeks, (based on insect activity). Without getting more graphic, the decomposition was very extensive, and portions even after only up to 2 weeks were skeletonized. While he normaly weighed 175, the remains at autopsy weighed only 76. I would think that at this point in time, with the suggested time line, it is more than possible. IIRC, her weight was suggested in the low 30's? Not much to her to begin with, sweet little girl.

They were wrapped in a baby blanket, that was unsettling.
I feel so terrible that they arent getting a big turnout for this search. If I was Florida Id be there everyday looking for that little girl, unfortunately Im in Ohio and have no way to get there.
Theres so much water down there, and it is such a huge possibility that if Casey killed her she was put into one of those bodies of water. I keep wondering if the searchers and police are diving during thier searches. And if not, why? It would seem theres more likeliness of finding her in a body of water than on land because it wouldve been easier for a murderer to hide her that way.

She would have to have a boat, she could not just throw her in the water, she would wash up on shore. Even with a boat she would have to go out pretty far.

What do cremated remains look like? Are the bones still in tact? This is the only way I imagine that it would be Caylee.

:eek:Not sure but I have heard of a few cases where someone tried to cremate a body to get rid of evidence and it was unsuccessful. My understanding on it is, it is very hard to actually burn a body completely to ashes. It has to be at an extremely high temp etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back