Question for mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjcord

Reaction score
May I ask why #166 was closed, and are we allowed to open a continuing thread? I know someone asked what was allowed in general threads, very respectfully, then it was closed. Are we not allowed a general thread any longer? TIA.

Hi admin/mods... Can we get some more specific guidelines on what is allowed in the general threads? I have become confused since the last one was shut down--I understand the requirements to stay on topic and not to insult anyone, but I didn't know about the rules to only talk about TES and Nancy Grace on other threads?

I like the general threads as a way to have GENERAL conversation about this case. I hope that we can keep them within the board's standards, so that's why I'm asking for more explanation on what is okay and what isn't.

Thanks for all that you're all doing...

Lisha

I am not understanding either and am glad that it isn't a newbie thing. Do we just chat about the weather or what? Isn't general just that, general?

I am not understanding either and am glad that it isn't a newbie thing. Do we just chat about the weather or what? Isn't general just that, general?

I'm not sure what general is either. I posted a piece about the Orange County Mounted Volunteers, thinking it tied in with TES and the case, but I get the feeling I should not have posted about it. I really thought that these volunteers might be searching with TES.

It's kind of annoying that the general discussion thread has been pulled, especially because it seemed a little abrupt. I read the discussion threads all the time and these posts were no different than the ones in any other discussion thread. Bad day or what?

If you want to talk about the weather, we are to go to the weather thread. If we want to say hello good morning, I think you go to the jury room. It's hard to go through all these threads when they are off topic. I'm not sure what general Caylee Anthony threads you are only able to talk about. So many threads......... Where do we go.........
I'm not a mod but just a poster so take anything I say with a grain of salt.

Yes I am very very confused too :( Everytime I come here after I do housework or whatever I find the dang "GENERAL" thread closed.....what does general mean???? Cumlative is what I thought, but who am I? I have an "ad" that was posted on Myspace for "PERSONAL ASSISTANTS" for GA and LA that I found was interesting but have no where to discuss them or post them :( And now I have to go get ready for a dang meeting :(

windchime seems to be getting increasingly annoyed that people dont search for a specific thread that regards what their post is going to be about and post in that thread, instead of posting in the general thread.

someone needs to clarify what the general thread is intended for then, seems like lots of people enjoy the general threads, unless they have a negative impact on the server then im not sure what is so objectionable about them.

may i ask why #166 was closed, and are we allowed to open a continuing thread? I know someone asked what was allowed in general threads, very respectfully, then it was closed. Are we not allowed a general thread any longer? Tia.
thanx for this thread, it is well needed in this public forum.

General Discussion thread is just that general, when one wants to talk about Nancy Grace there is a NG thread to post on, if one wants to talk about Tim Miller and the search please go to that thread. If one wants to chit chat then go to the chit chat thread. General disussion is to bring up new ideas, then when something 'sticks' you go out to thread.

We are not being rude that is why we opened a forum so that members should spread out and organize information other wise we could of just left Caylee's case in the missing/located forum and just had the general discussion thread.

Someone started the same type of question here.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70132

It's going to get messy with lots of threads with the same topic because General Discussion was shut down. Members aren't going to see this thread or the other thread and will be starting their own threads .... messy, messy, messy. Bad day for the board for sure!

someone posted the same type of thing, and that was locked too. Whyfore all the censoring of opinions? IMO, of course...

May I ask why #166 was closed, and are we allowed to open a continuing thread? I know someone asked what was allowed in general threads, very respectfully, then it was closed. Are we not allowed a general thread any longer? TIA.

Don't open up a continuing General Discussion thread. Windchime SHUT DOWN the last thread and the one before that one. So it's up to them to start it up, IF they start it up.

I have a question for the mods and tricia. I have noticed as of late that the sleuthers are being heavily scrutinized in the way they post.i honestly do not understand the rules.. Should this forum be strictly for reporting [repeating]what is already in the mainstream media? And if so then where does the sleuthing begin if the rules here are so strict and limited?

Someone started the same type of question here.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70132

It's going to get messy with lots of threads with the same topic because General Discussion was shut down. Members aren't going to see this thread or the other thread and will be starting their own threads .... messy, messy, messy. Bad day for the board for sure!
And there are a bunch of fairly new threads on pg. 2 and I bet no one every looks there.

I have had also had a problem with the forum being very slow, so it is hard to navigate, I do open more than one window, but I wonder if a lot of people are doing this and doing refreshes for each thread if that isn't causing a drain on the server.
dontknow9cz.gif

And there are a bunch of fairly new threads on pg. 2 and I bet no one every looks there.

I have had also had a problem with the forum being very slow, so it is hard to navigate, I do open more than one window, but I wonder if a lot of people are doing this and doing refreshes for each thread if that isn't causing a drain on the server.
dontknow9cz.gif

The forum was slow earlier today because there were over 1,000 people online, maybe more like 1,300 people online.

If you think there are a lot of new threads now ... hold on, because there will be more unfortunatly!

Don't open up a continuing General Discussion thread. Windchime SHUT DOWN the last thread and the one before that one. So it's up to them to start it up, IF they start it up.

I did not understand the shut down either.

It was a conversation about how few were helping TES. Then posters began to develop ideas to get more help. Yes, I think NG was mentioned once or twice, but not in a deep way. There was not a general discussion about NG going on over there.

So, if I had a pertinent thought that involved something that has it's own thread, I would have to stop and go to that other thread--even if it developed from the general discussion going on???

Gee, it is so confusing.

I just hope posters from the last thread are not beating up on themselves too much at this point.

There's another thread entitle General Threads. Windchime answered on that one but I am still not clear on what the problem was for the last general thread. I even went back to read all the posts on those 5 pages.

i did not understand the shut down either.

It was a conversation about how few were helping tes. Then posters began to develop ideas to get more help. Yes, i think ng was mentioned once or twice, but not in a deep way. There was not a general discussion about ng going on over there.

So, if i had a pertinent thought that involved something that has it's own thread, i would have to stop and go to that other thread--even if it developed from the general discussion going on???

Gee, it is so confusing.

I just hope posters from the last thread are not beating up on themselves too much at this point.
and then if one does have a thought that has its own thread .shall we just tell all to meet us over onthe other thread so they can read our post?

It is confusing. And Patty is right there will be threads about threads now...lol An idea can snowball so fast, just like the search idea...no one really means to take over or anything....I hope people just don't start new threads on every new thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo