Notice new announcement from Tricia

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
At the top of every forum you will see an ANNOUNCEMENT from Tricia...please read! :D

Jason's Birthday Campaign Challenge for Websleuthers

ATTENTION WEBSLEUTHERS: NEW OPPORTUNITY TO TEAM UP ON A WORTHY CAUSE

Most of you know Kelly Jolkowski, founder of Project Jason and mother of missing Jason. You may or may not know how much she and her organization have contributed to the missing persons cause.

These are just a few of the many things Project Jason has accomplished, and you can read more here: http://www.projectjason.org/about.html#quickFacts

Distributed more than 13,500 personal ID kits, including a Spanish translation.
Faciliated the distribution of more than 50,000 posters nationwide through their various poster campaigns.
Mentored several volunteers to action and passed legislation in 6 states that positively effect missing persons cases.
Had a direct impact in the location of numerous missing persons, including a teen missing for 2 years, a sister missing for 7, and a son missing for 14.
A few weeks ago, Kelly told me about Jason's 27th Birthday Campaign. June 13, 2008 marked seven years since the mysterious and tragic disappearance of Jason Jolkowski, the namesake of the organization. His 27th birthday was June 24th. In honor of Jason, his birthday and his generous spirit, they launched a fundraising campaign, which will end on October 6th, the 5th anniversary of Project Jason. They ask that each person reading this consider donating $27 to Project Jason. Realizing there are many who truly can’t afford to do this, perhaps some who can, will donate an additional $27.

In a moving letter written on the occasion of Jason's birthday, Kelly wrote:

"We know you would want us to do the work we do to help other families of missing persons. In honor of your 27th birthday, and we know you would approve, we are asking for donations to your name sake organization. It’s been a struggle these past seven years without you, and also in founding the organization and accomplishing what we know we could. With the support of others who care, we will achieve more for these suffering families and help to reunite them with their missing loved ones. "

I want our Websleuths family to pull together as they never have before to help Project Jason continue in their work and accomplish even more.

As an example of plans Project Jason has, they are hosting a healing retreat for family members of missing persons in June of 2009. Part of the Campaign funds will be used to offset the costs for the families of the missing to be able to attend. They have many more plans and even 2 new programs starting in the next 3 weeks! You can read more about how they utilize donations here: http://www.projectjason.org/help.html#donations

I am donating $27 to Project Jason’s Birthday Campaign, and I’m looking for 300 of my fellow WEBSLEUTHERS to join me by donating $27, or more!

You can read the letter Kelly wrote to Jason in its entirety at http://www.projectjason.org/birthdayCampaign.html and learn how to donate on that page as well.

In order to track towards the goal of 300 donations, be sure to include (WS) in your comments or on your check when you donate. Indicate if you wish to remain anonymous or not, and remember, Project Jason is a 501 c 3 nonprofit, so your donation is tax deductible.

Thanks, everybody, for joining me on this!

Tricia

From Kelly
Thanks Tricia, Christine, and all the great supporters at Websleuths!

Christine left me a message this evening that some folks had questions about how to donate. I didn't catch the message until just now, and dear Christine is probably already fast asleep, so I left her a message that I would come here and post the answers.

I'd also like to use this thread to keep you all updated on the progress toward the goal of 300 Websleuthers donating.

Here's how to donate:

You can mail a check or money order to:
Project Jason
PO Box 3035
Omaha, NE 68103

You can also donate online through PayPal or change.org right on our website. At the very bottom of our main site (and on several other pages) http://www.projectjason.org/ you'll see the blue PayPal button. Right below that is the change.org widget. (Even though the change.org says General Fund, as long as you specify (WS) we know it's for the Birthday Campaign and we'll designate it as such.)

For whichever method you decide to use, be sure to let us know you are from Websleuths by adding (WS) into the comments field on the donation page. Also, please let us know if you wish to remain anonymous or not.

Someone donated through the change.org site today, but they did not indicate if they were from Websleuths or not. Unless they contact me, I won't know, so don't forget to mark (WS) in the comments or on your check if you mail it.

We're very excited about this campaign. If we make goal, that will make a tremendous difference for the families we serve. If we don't, we're still miles ahead. Every dollar counts and is appreciated.

Please feel free to ask any questions about the campaign, making a donation, or any question you might have about Project Jason.

Many blessings,
Kelly

progress posted in Jury Room

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member