Don't think I can continue here if no Gen Discussion Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mom_of_five

Reaction score
I LOVE WS, but not having a general thread is making me crazy. Maybe I'll check back later.

There's entirely too many "repeat" threads. Too many zanny threads, too many TES threads. I'm just confused trying to find information - what's old, what's new. So, I'm with you.... gonna give this a rest for a while and read other forums.

Check all the threads here for what you want to talk about. Gosh, anything you can think of is already on the forum! And if it isn't there, start a thread to talk about it.

I agree. There's too much to talk about to fit on one thread. For one, it's almost impossible to stay on topic and I'm seeing more rudeness (and not just addressed to myself).

mom of five, I don't think they mean we can't have a discussion thread. I think what they mean is that we throw ideas at the wall on a discussion thread and if one seems to stick and it becomes a *topic* of sorts, that we are to start a thread on that idea. I think they just want to break it down some, so folks can look for their topic and not be 3 pages behind once they try and post about it?

There's entirely too many "repeat" threads. Too many zanny threads, too many TES threads. I'm just confused trying to find information - what's old, what's new. So, I'm with you.... gonna give this a rest for a while and read other forums.

This forum is too confusing now. I want to remove my registration to websleuths. How may I do that?

It is hard to follow. Way too many threads, with the same info, and yet I'm trying to keep up and I get lost.. :crazy: Sometimes I want to post something but I'm afraid it was already posted, therefore I just read. :behindbar :crazy:

Check all the threads here for what you want to talk about. Gosh, anything you can think of is already on the forum! And if it isn't there, start a thread to talk about it.

The thing is all I've been doing this morning is using the search function to find duplicate threads and pm'ing Mods to combine them. I haven't had a chance to scan the net for any new news, or catch up here.

I'm sorry but I have to agree with you. Too difficult to follow. I want just one thread that I can continuously read.

This forum is too confusing now. I want to remove my registration to websleuths. How may I do that?

Ummmmm, just sign out and never sign back in????

I also miss the general discussion threads. I don't post much but I read A LOT!!!

I'm sorry but I have to agree with you. Too difficult to follow. I want just one thread that I can continuously read.

I've never heard of a forum that has only a single thread. LOL I think THAT would make me crazy!

Yeah, and if you even mention another subject/topic that has its own thread- you are redirected to another thread. Even if you are staying on topic for the thread and just making a point or observation.

i mean I'm sure assumtions are made but, the whole context of the conversation should be read before we are automatically redirected by another member to go to another thread and post there. its a little embarrassing when it happens and the point is then lost because others hit the link and leave the conversation about the thread you were on. So IMO we are playing musical threads.

I do miss the general thread because it was more of just a chat thread. You could just stay there and chat about everything and didn't have to jump around. But I don't think the mods liked that.

The thing is all I've been doing this morning is using the search function to find duplicate threads and pm'ing Mods to combine them. I haven't had a chance to scan the net for any new news, or catch up here.

I'm glad general discussion threads are closed. Thank you Tricia and mods!

Too many people were uncovering facts and information and discussing it there rather than starting a new thread. So if you were off the boards for more than a few hours at a time, it was impossible to catch up and stay informed on developments. When I started experiencing anxiety at the thought of having to log in and try to sift through the general threads, I knew it was time to stop looking at them.

Organized threads makes navigation soooo much easier.

Oh Oh Oh
image.php

Oh Oh Oh

LOL, that was so "O" wrong but so funny.
Yes, I am having a hard time keeping up with all of these threads myself now. They go so quickly.

I'm having a difficult time figuring out how this change makes things better for anyone. Evidently it worked well at one point, but it appears to restrict the flow of ideas and scatter people all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken