Having Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

SieSie

Reaction score
I just read this post from soyesterday in the Up to the Minute forum, and it gives me hope that if Benjaman can get more media attention, someone might recognize him.

Here's a quote from the article at foxnews.com:
Turns out 71-year-old Delaney had been in a care facility since 2000, after suffering a head injury and memory loss, the Mail reported. Unable to give any clues as to his identity, Delaney was given the name David Harrison and placed in a home.

In April Delaney was featured on a TV show about missing persons.

By coincidence, Renehan was watching and recognized his dad. DNA tests confirmed the link and the pair had an emotional reunion two weeks ago, the Mail reported.

I've also been thinking about how much media attention the Anthony case is getting and wondered why, with all of the hundreds of channels available on tv, there isn't one single channel dedicated to finding the missing and unidentified.

There are shows like Cold Case Files and AMW and things like that - maybe there should be one channel dedicated to airing stories and providing clues and photos for the missing and UID. Even if people just flipping through the channels saw an interesting segment or someone that looked familiar to them, wouldn't it be worth it?

They could have different types of shows on this channel - some could be told in a story manner, with interviews from family and friends (think Dateline) - other times if there weren't enough stories, they could just run pictures of missing people with the general information. They could even have a show done by amateur sleuths like us - a behind-the-scenes type thing where it shows regular folks trying to find these people's identities.

I, of course, have no idea how to get something like this accomplished, but it seems obvious to me that if we can have 3 or 4 sports channels and a few cooking networks and a couple of shopping channels, then why can't we have ONE channel dedicated to the missing and UID???

ITA, SieSie. I know its been mentioned here on WS countless times before. It seems so obvious and simple, in theory at least, but how to go about it. I like your idea about the behind the scenes amateur sleuths (GO Websleuths!!) show. If only someone would take this ball and run with it.

From your lips to God's ears, SieSie!!!!!

:seeya: Hiya BeavisMom and believe!! :blowkiss: Thanks for the comments.

Seriously. We have the GOLF channel, for crying out loud. A channel dedicated to missing persons/ UID persons would be way, way more interesting (and worlds more helpful) than 24 hours of golf a day.

Benjaman was my first thought when I saw this story! I just cannot believe no one in the world knows he's missing!!! There has to be a logical explanation and something like this would be it!!!

Seriously. We have the GOLF channel, for crying out loud. A channel dedicated to missing persons/ UID persons would be way, way more interesting (and worlds more helpful) than 24 hours of golf a day.

GOLF! Really, isn't that the truth!

We have started a new project called Monday4 the Missing. Each week we are asking bloggers to feature one particular missing person on their blogs so that one person can get attention for their case. It is still in its infancy, but this Monday is dedicated to Benjamin Kyle. Hopefully by spreading this article everywhere and anywhere you can will help someone recognize him. Surely there is a family that is missing him somewhere!!

Benjamin Kyle

The Benjamin Kyle story is a different twist on missing persons cases. You see, we know where he is, but, it isn't really him. If that sounds odd to you, please let it be known that missing persons cases are never cut and dried or even as similar as we think.

Benjamin Kyle is the name a man, believed to be in his mid 50's, has taken for himself for the last 4 years. This man was found naked and beaten, most likely left for dead, beside a dumpster in Richmond Hill, Georgia, just south of Savannah. When he was found, he had no identification and no memory of who he is and where he came from.

He started using the name "Benjamin Kyle" but was listed as a living "John Doe" and has been listed with The Doe Network so that workers there can help him figure out who he is, or who he was.

Through the tireless efforts of Todd Matthews, Project EDAN was able to do age "regressed" pictures so that someone might recognize him from his former life. Todd is leading the development of NamUs, an organization to identify the many "Does", and will include living "Does" into that system.

In the meantime, Benjamin Kyle is said to be a well spoken, above average intelligence man who carries himself with a professional demeanor.

Maybe someone will recognize him today and help him find himself.

If you have any information about this case please contact:
FBI - Savannah, GA
Bill Kirkconnell
912-232-3716
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

http://blogs.discovery.com/sleuth_truth/2008/08/to-be-or-not-to.html

http://savannahnow.com/node/364434

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=7218919

http://www.drphil.com/plugger/respond/?plugID=12477

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70309

:clap: I've thought this myself, many times! There are several theme-dedicated channels that I'm sure have a very small demographic and low viewership. One dedicated to missing/UID persons would be such a service to society. I cannot comprehend why such a thing does not exist!

< snipped >
We have started a new project called Monday4 the Missing. Each week we are asking bloggers to feature one particular missing person on their blogs so that one person can get attention for their case. It is still in its infancy, but this Monday is dedicated to Benjamin Kyle. Hopefully by spreading this article everywhere and anywhere you can will help someone recognize him. Surely there is a family that is missing him somewhere!!
Awesome, what great news about your project, Monday4 the Missing - good luck, I wish you lots of success! Thanks for featuring Benjaman Kyle and including the links and all, too. :blowkiss:

What about Nancy Grace? People all over the country watch her.

The holidays are approaching yet again for this nice man-here's hoping that they are peaceful and meaningful...and I am always hopeful that they will bring the gift of some kind of forward momentum on his case.

Found this guys--this should give us some hope and insight. We need a senator from GA who will get BK a social!!!
http://www.texnews.com/1998/2001/local/miss0109.html
------------------------------------------------------
Is the Rep. from Ga, Jack Kingston, still working with BK?
If so, perhaps he can introduce BK's situation to the senator from Ga?
Saxby Chambliss,R-GA.
or
Johnny Isakson,R-GA.
Link:
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm?State=GA
OR could we give Rep. Jack Kingston the article found.?

------------------------------------------------------
Is the Rep. from Ga, Jack Kingston, still working with BK?
If so, perhaps he can introduce BK's situation to the senator from Ga?
Saxby Chambliss,R-GA.
or
Johnny Isakson,R-GA.
Link:
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm?State=GA
OR could we give Rep. Jack Kingston the article found.?

I think Chambliss is still tied up in trying to be re-elected. I sent out a few emails a few weeks ago to senators, congressmen, reps, etc. After I sent them out I realized it was probably the worst timing - with the elections. I did hear back from ONE - unfortunately (and wouldn't you know it) it was one that was not actually from the district for Benjaman (and that basically was his leading line in reply to me) but at least he did reply, from a home email no less. Other than that I've heard nothing so far and chalked it up to, again, timing.

Anyway I checked real quick before commenting - from one article I read it seems to indicate that perhaps the end of the runoff election is nearing. Depending on which article and the hour you read... Chambliss may or may not keep his seat. Oy. :rolleyes:

Because in a couple days it will be (American) Thanksgiving I will probably get a little busy and won't get to visit so I just wanted to say now to Benjaman that I am thankful that he survived his attack. I am thankful he received the cataract surgery that restored his eyesight to him. I am thankful that he met Nurse Betty because not everyone would be so fortunate to have found a Nurse Betty on their side! I am hopeful, and because of my faith, thankful in advance for Benjaman's finding his identity. I don't know when, where, or how it will happen but I'm hopeful and thankful that it will! And, I am thankful for Benjaman just the way he is today.

Happy Thanksgiving Benjaman.. and Nurse Betty! :blowkiss:

And to all my sleuthy pals here... I'm thankful for you guys too. The world's a better place just because you guys are in it! Happy Thanksgiving! :blowkiss:

Ive just this second read this section of WS - there are sooo many cases (sadly)
This is SO SAD, ok I realize he is at least alive but how sad that NO ONE recognizes him
Maybe this needs Worldwide coverage ?

I will put a photo up on my blog asking Do you know this man.

Can someone give me a good size photo to put up ?

Does he have an American Accent ?

I cant believe that no one has recognized him from being on Dr Phil ( i read that right ? he was on Dr phil ?)

ETA has he had hypnosis ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members