Reasons Casey is not charged with homicide and WHEN will she be charged?

librarian_mama

Former Member
Reaction score
What could be the reasoning for not charging Casey for the death of her child?

Does LE really need Caylee's body first? Why isn't the DNA and decomp from the trunk enough?

I am just wanting this circus to end--do we need a body for anything to change?

I've been wondering that as well

They didn't arrest Scott Peterson until Lacy's body was found, if I recall correctly so maybe this is the case for this one as well..

I believe it's because LE is making sure that they have an airtight case. If they charge her now, there is honestly enough doubt that I think she could get off of an intentional homicide charge. I am frustrated by this as well, but I do think it's smarter to wait for a while at least. Currently they do have enough to charge her with SOMETHING I think, but they want to make sure she gets what she deserves. Imagine how frustrated and disgusted the police are at this point! Casey truly may have too many "friends" (just witnessed by the bails), but she also has many enemies right now, and I think that they are going to be much more dangerous than her "friends" have been helpful.

Lisha

I have been saying the same thing.... I pray they find Caylee or proceed without her body because this is getting really tense....

It's very simple. If she is charged with homicide (or any other crime) she has the right to a speedy trial if her defense attorney requests so. LE / the prosecutor does not want to be forced to go to trial quickly if it isn't necessary. They need time to build their case, brick by brick. They will charge her sooner or later.

It's very simple. If she is charged with homicide (or any other crime) she has the right to a speedy trial if her defense attorney requests so. LE / the prosecutor does not want to be forced to go to trial quickly if it isn't necessary. They need time to build their case, brick by brick. They will charge her sooner or later.

Patience is what is needed in this case. I just wish it was a virtue I'd been given more of. Much more of!

What could be the reasoning for not charging Casey for the death of her child?

Does LE really need Caylee's body first? Why isn't the DNA and decomp from the trunk enough?

I am just wanting this circus to end--do we need a body for anything to change?

Lots of people are convicted w/o a body. but, it depends on the quality of the forensic evidence.

If Caylee is found and autopsied, they can do tox screens to see whether she has been drugged, and determine cause of death.

The body is the best evidence, so the case is a lot easier to prove.

That's why KC is keeping her mouth zipped.

Thanks for the replies...I guess I'm just getting sick and tired of the shenanigans of the Anthony family. Their actions just rob Caylee of the dignity and respect that she deserves.

She needs time to get her hair and nails done. ho hum...
LE should really do something to stop her from returning to that unsafe house. Don't ya think?

Thanks for the replies...I guess I'm just getting sick and tired of the shenanigans of the Anthony family. Their actions just rob Caylee of the dignity and respect that she deserves.

In addition to the speedy trial issues, if the prosecuters office brings charges too early and a savy defense attorney can argue that the charges are unfounded/unwarranted the case can be tossed out. It is a huge mistake to go to early.

And with the mystery money in the background of this case you never know what high dollar defense attorney will swoop in here.

True. As much as we would like to see her tried and convicted immediatley (I vote for two weeks ago), what if they proceeded, and got her convicted for manslaughter. Then AFTER that, they found the body, and evidence of murder 1?

But, the tension and the rollercoastering is driving us all to the edge.

True. As much as we would like to see her tried and convicted immediatley (I vote for two weeks ago), what if they proceeded, and got her convicted for manslaughter. Then AFTER that, they found the body, and evidence of murder 1?

once she is tried she can't be tried for a higher charge

Since Casey has been so tight lipped, I think LE is relying specifically on interviews and evidence from those close to Casey. No DA wants to apply charges and go to trial without a solid case. Finding Caylee's body (if she is dead) would bring charges of murder.
JMO

As bad as it is for the public, imagine how the people working the case feel..... they know MUCH MORE than the public does.

The cops & FBI & people in the DA's office must be beyond disgust with Casey AND her family. So sad for them.

As a very wise poster once put it..It's a Marathon and NOT a Sprint..charging her too early could cause problems for the prosecution. While I'm impatient like the rest of you..I think building their case wisely and by the book is way more important in the end. It's so frustrating I know but honestly when all is said and done LE will have a rock solid case.

Although someone can continue bailing her out for amusement purposes, no one will be able to help Casey when she is sentenced. Right now she is facing 17 on the current charges.

The kid is toast.

I have a feeling that mob is going to grow and intensify over night.

She wasn't charged because they either dont have enough or they are waiting to make the case airtight due to double jeoperdy. I wish theyd hurry!

Although someone can continue bailing her out for amusement purposes, no one will be able to help Casey when she is sentenced. Right now she is facing 17 on the current charges.

The kid is toast.

I have a feeling that mob is going to grow and intensify over night.

How much time is she facing for the neglect and obstruction charges alone? Because in the grand scheme the economic crimes are small potatoes. She'll be ordered to pay fines and restitution, but I highly doubt she will get significant, if any, time for 1st offense on those charges.

She is toast when the murder charges come down for sure...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back