For All The Mothers

nnglas

Reaction score
I need to try to understand this. So, for all the mothers out there, would you do whatever you had to do to protect your child. I'm just wondering if Cindy has figured that Caylee is dead and now she cannot lose her baby (Casey). I am not a mother, so I don't know what that bond is like. So please think long and hard and then give me your insight.

Your child is your child always and forever. I honestly believe that if my sons were ever in this situation that I would love them, support them, and be there for them. That does not mean that I would cover up for them, lie for them, and tell them they did nothing wrong. I believe the Cindy Anthony's of this world are few and far between. For every mother like her, there is a mother that would step up to the plate and turn her child in for a crime they commited. Why? Because they love their children and would rather they sit in jail than to self destruct.

I can tell you this I am 30 years old and I have a 6 year old daughter who is Autistic and mentally delayed. What a hard past 6 years I've had, she was born a premie with 3 pounds and was a struggle from day 1 to keep her alive. Then ubrutly followed by no sleeep for oh maybe 5 years. Now she is 6 and growing up super fast. It's hard, but I won't lie I often have felt hopeless, sad, afraid of the future, I ask my self everyday to take it day by day. I have a great mother who is literally an angel and thankful for her.

My kids are little, so I can't speak to that directly.

My Mom literally helped me raise my son from the time he was born until he was 6 and we moved 2000 km away. He spends every summer with my parents. If we were in the Anthony's position, they would have walked to Texas to ask for Tim Miller's help. They would NOT let me sit in my room on the internet whilst my child was missing. My Mom wouldn't call me sweetheart and help me bake brownies for me. I don't think they would disown me, but I certainly would NOT be their first rpiority. I wouldn't even be their second or third priority.

My parents love me very much and have shown me that they would do anything for me, financially and with regard to my kids. BUT they would not protect me or lie for me or let me lie to the police to cover my butt. Thank goodness! besides, I would NEVER do anything to hurt them in this manner in a million years.

I'm pretty sure they would sic my younger brother, who is ex-LE and currently in the army, on me. heh.

Should I touch wood or something that I am never in this position? I have really bad karma and I feel uneasy even typing this post. ugh.

Your child is your child always and forever. I honestly believe that if my sons were ever in this situation that I would love them, support them, and be there for them. That does not mean that I would cover up for them, lie for them, and tell them they did nothing wrong. I believe the Cindy Anthony's of this world are few and far between. For every mother like her, there is a mother that would step up to the plate and turn her child in for a crime they commited. Why? Because they love their children and would rather they sit in jail than to self destruct.

What is most interesting is that Cindy is so extreme in her views of Casey. One month this year she allegedly called her daughter a sociopath. And then recently, of course, said we would all one day be calling Casey the mother of the year.

When it comes to the sick dance these 2 do with each other, I wonder which came first - the chicken or the egg. Case study written all over it.

I do want to make it clear, I am by no means saying that what Cindy is doing is right. Its just that I don't have kids so I don't know that bond. And I was just wondering if a mother would throw her daughter under the bus, for lack of better words. I was just curious. Please don't flame me. Just wanted to get some insight to try and understand Cindy and her words.

I do want to make it clear, I am by no means saying that what Cindy is doing is right. Its just that I don't have kids so I don't know that bond. And I was just wondering if a mother would throw her daughter under the bus, for lack of better words. I was just curious. Please don't flame me. Just wanted to get some insight to try and understand Cindy and her words.

I think that is a great question. I would also like to know if anyone has any insight into extreme views a mother can have for a child and why they occur.

I am a Mother of a Daughter who will turn 2 in October…

I feel that yes they do believe thier daughter and that love has gotten in the way of the truth that it seems that there is no love for Caylee…

I can tell you yes, I would want to support My Daughter no matter what; but if she was guilty of something I do not see myself being so outspoken like Cindy…

Trust me I have no hair on my tongue…so after saying that I love my daughter always… And I would defend her till the end.

I will tell you that my parents would throw me under the bus if I ever hurt Jianna… The love her grandparents give her is definitely another love that they give me.

I say this to prove a point…

I remember I was in a Huge fight with her dad that I was so upset with him, that I was really devastated that my relationship with him was over that I said to my parents to take Jianna that I don't want to see her right now… they heard differently they told me to not ever speak that way again that they would take her and they would raise her…

I just merely meant that I didn't want to see her right now (she is a split image of her dad) I just wanted some time alone…
but that is to show you my parents would give up everything for her.

Anytime me and J are away and we leave Jianna with my parents… I kid you not within the hour we are already missing her and regretting not taking her with us.

I love Jianna I can't picture a day without her… that unfortunately because of this case the thoughts do run through my head if JIANNA WAS THE ONE TAKEN AWAY AND I hate the thought of that…

I was in Orlando this weekend and I couldn't help looking around just in case I saw her.

One thing is yes I do believe GA&CA really think she is alive why? I am not sure HOPE maybe?

I really hope their is a twist of fate and she is alive…

One thing my hubby says since the day she was born… " I have my bond money ready" because for damn sure I will be going to jail to the first person who tries to hurt my Daughter"

And I ditto that I would def need someone to bond me out because I would have been in jail after finding out who hurt or took my little girl

I need to try to understand this. So, for all the mothers out there, would you do whatever you had to do to protect your child. I'm just wondering if Cindy has figured that Caylee is dead and now she cannot lose her baby (Casey). I am not a mother, so I don't know what that bond is like. So please think long and hard and then give me your insight.

My husband and I have talked a lot about this. We both feel that if our child murdered another human being, we would not protect them the way it appears to be happening in this case. We would rather them spend forever in jail then get the death penalty of course. I love my kids but we have strong moral guidelines to live by, and other kids to show what is right and wrong.
Even if ever in a situation like this, I already know two words I would use and that is it: NO COMMENT. The only other thing I would do is make a bonifide plea to the kidnappers if that is what I truly thought was going on.....if I didn't really believe it: NO COMMENT would have been my two words from day one.

I'm a mother, and I think my reaction has to do with my moral values. I would kill to protect my babies. When they are adults, if something like this happened--i.e. they most likely killed my grandchild--I would be devestated by the loss of both my daughter and granddaughter. I would look for alternative possibilities--someone else did it, etc., BUT WHEN FACED WITH REAL EVIDENCE, I would tell my daughter that she has to tell the truth and accept the consequences of her behavior.

That's how I was raised--and, believe me, I was wild during my 20's and made many bad choices. I eventually had to accept the consequences of my actions, and I never blamed anyone else for my problems.

There is some scary pathology in the Anthony family--both mother and daughter appear to be bull-headed, aggressive and both deny any responsibility for thier actions. They seem to project all blame outward. The fact that a little girl is dead (most likely) doesn't seem to faze them in the least. I think both women have a hard time with reality, and that's dangerous--just ask Caylee.

I think that is a great question. I would also like to know if anyone has any insight into extreme views a mother can have for a child and why they occur.

This is just my armchair analysis here, but it seems to me that Cindy's identity is completely enmeshed with Casey and her role as Caylee's mother. If anything threatens this, she is prepared to completely deny reality to protect Casey and by extension, her own ego. I don't think psychologically she is able to admit that her daughter is capable of this, it will destroy her, so she will never accept the truth--even if they prove forensically that Casey killed Caylee. You can see this already in her rationalizations and refutations of scientific evidence, her attacks on TES & Tim--etc.

I am 45, I have two daughters - one in hs, one in college.

I am fiercely protective and have been called a "Mama Bear" more than once.

I have tried to put myself in Cindy's shoes and obviously none of us REALLY can... for starters - even with that deep bonding love that you have for your kid (it is like when you have a child, a part of you is walking around apart from you) - you still see your kids flaws.

If I knew that one of them had committed a heinous crime - seeing them face the death penalty might kill me, too... but then if the heinous crime they had committed was the taking of the life of someone else I deeply loved - there wouldn't be much left of me, I think,

I guess I didn't answer your question... or maybe I did. Maybe the Cindy we are seeing is an off kilter shell of the woman she was meant to be.

Well, I'm a mother and a daughter. My mom and I had some falling out in my teenage years, nothing compared to this situation, but mostly teenage hormones flowing.

As for the bond: I had children relatively late in life, gave birth at 33 to twin girls. I felt them grow inside me and the bond for me started then. Then, they were born, and THE INSTANT they were born the bond started. These children were from us! And my husband and I vowed to make their lives as wonderful as possible. They grow, they develop, and the leaps and bounds in which they do this is amazing. My girls are 3, going on 4, now. I have bottle fed, diaper changed, potty trained them to where they are now. It happens fast, but the more and more you are around them, the more the bond grows. I would literally kill for my children. I would walk the ends of the earth to find them. I am an animal lover too and would do the same for any of my pets. I can't explain the bond in words, and I didn't understand it until I had children, but it is there, it is strong, and a mother's bond is as strong as a grizzly. Stand back if you mess with mine, cause h-e-double hockeysticks will break loose!!!

I hope this helps...it is very hard to describe.

can't say what I would do in this situation but I do think at sometime "common sense" would kick in, I've said all along there is a difference in laying low, supporting and loving your daughter or option B-bad mouthing everyone that has tried to help you, placing blame on people that has nothing to do with Caylee's death or "abduction", being rude and ungrateful to LE, etc. enough is enough and I really wish people would quit giving CA and CA the attention they both enjoy

Unless it was self defense and proven so, I would NOT defend any single person I know if they committed murder.

I have watched many documentaries on crimes and have always noted that I could never.

And I am not at all capable of saying nor will I ever say, the typical sentence
" Well I know xyz and I just know they could never do such a thing. "

Seriously, I don't understand how anyone could say such.
Its been documented, proven and noted in many situations and cases that the very people who said that, NEVER really knew the person all that well so to speak on anyones behalf is just beyond me.

I must edit to add that of course my LOVE for my child would remain.
But I would expect my children to pay for any crime they did. It is not their right to get away with anything especially murder. IMO.

I am new to posting on websleuths but have been reading since this case started.

I am a mother of a 22 and 24 year old. My 24 year old daughter has a daughter that is 2 1/2 years old. I would support my daughter by getting her a good attorney but would also not visit her in jail or continue to let her get out on bond and live in my house while my grandaughter is still missing. I love my kids and grandaughter but would not tolerate all the lies that she continues to tell to avoid telling the truth. I would tell her that she should come clean and tell the truth so that maybe she can make a deal to avoid the death penalty. JMO

This case is so hard for me since I have a grandaughter that is close to the same age as CA and is also adorable. I can't imagine life without my children or grandaughter.

I am the mother of 7 kids and grandmother of one. My children know I love and support them unconditionally, but I would never lie or cover for them to get them out of trouble.

I think, it is easier for Cindy to defend Casey than to have to admit that Caylee is dead. The minute she challenges Casey's lies, it would be like giving up hope that Caylee is alive, and she just cannot bear the thought.

There is a reason why Cindy was so desperate to find Casey the day they picked up the car. It stank of death and there was no Casey or Caylee to be found. Cindy may have known, or at least suspected, there was a good chance Caylee was gone. When she finally found Casey and heard, "oh she's with the nanny" it might have actually been a relief over the alternative. Having experienced that initial horror, she just can't let go of the lies and would prefer to believe this ridiculous kidnapping story, and will strike out at anyone who challenges that belief.

Now, to answer your question, I would be utterly devasted if something happened to my little boy. I am in tears after just typing that sentence. I hope I wouldn't disintegrate into a fantasy world, but in a weird way I can see why a mother, a grandmother, would fall apart like this. Whatever she has said or done, I feel very sad for that woman.

I can tell you this I am 30 years old and I have a 6 year old daughter who is Autistic and mentally delayed. What a hard past 6 years I've had, she was born a premie with 3 pounds and was a struggle from day 1 to keep her alive. Then ubrutly followed by no sleeep for oh maybe 5 years. Now she is 6 and growing up super fast. It's hard, but I won't lie I often have felt hopeless, sad, afraid of the future, I ask my self everyday to take it day by day. I have a great mother who is literally an angel and thankful for her.

Bless you. I have a granddaughter who is 5 years old and is also mentally delayed to the point that she is barely learning to walk. My daughter is so protective of her and I know that she would move heaven and earth for this child as she would for her other two. She is 27 and for this reason I cannot relate at all to Cindy or Casey and what seems to me as almost a dismissal of Caylee's life in exchange for saving Casey's neck. Oh I know that Cindy moans and groans about how this is all about Caylee and finding her because she is still alive etc. etc., but I don't buy that at all Caylee, to this family, is being lost in all this.

As a mother of a disabled child I commend you because I know first hand it is very difficult especially from an emotional perspective. Our grandbaby was also a preemie, 4 pounds, and just today I was speaking to someone about how afraid I am for her future, but I could not imagine our life without her in it anymore.

When my son was growing up he gave me many episodes to want to disown him. Everything from taking his dad's Playboy Magazine to school and selling them to stealing a jar of pennies from a neighbor's house.
But, I never did disown him. Instead he was punished either by being grounded or having his allowance cancelled. (He cleaned the neighbor's garage to pay about the penny theft).
But years later he told me that his real punishment was seeing me be so hurt and upset by his actions and the struggle I went through loving him while being really mad at him. I had no idea this was happening.
He taught me love conquers all. He's all grown now with a family and a very successful business in Florida. And, his children have pulled a few capers on him. Which, kinda makes me smile now.
You gotta love and support them even when they do wrong. But if you turn away and ignore bad behavior, that's not showing love and support.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital
Back