Billy Joel crashes car into house

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
BAYVILLE, New York (AP) -- Singer-songwriter Billy Joel was slightly injured and mostly embarrassed when he lost control of his car on a rain-slicked road and banged into a house, the Grammy Award-winning artist's third car accident in two years.

There was no evidence of alcohol or drug involvement and Joel was not suspected of any crime, said Nassau County police Officer Joan Eames, a police spokeswoman.

Witnesses said the accident occurred at about 4 p.m. Sunday, when Joel, driving a burgundy and black car, crashed through a row of bushes and banged into a small beige home one block from the beach.

"He seemed embarrassed that he lost control of the car," said witness Thomas Phillips Jr. "He said, 'I can't believe I got in another accident.' He was just going out to get a pizza."

The accident left a crack in the house's foundation and 6-foot-long skid marks in the sand in the street, witnesses said. Joel suffered a small cut on his left ring finger but refused medical attention, Eames said.

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Music/04/26/joel.ap/index.html

Well if you have to have a car driven into your house, having it driving in there by someone who could probably write you a check to buy a whole new house doesn't hurt!! LOL

LP Moderator said:
Well if you have to have a car driven into your house, having it driving in there by someone who could probably write you a check to buy a whole new house doesn't hurt!! LOL

I was thinking something along the same lines DP!

Did you see the pic of the car? A black and purple VW ~ LOL

My kids LOVE those cars. They play "peek a buggy" whenever they see them on the streets - then they keep score on how many they find. I saw one once that was yellow with HUGE mouse ears and a tail on it. It was for a exterminator.

Casshew said:
Did you see the pic of the car? A black and purple VW ~ LOL

Really Cass, it's a Citroen, 2CV, one of my favorites.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back