IL IL - April Zane, 16, Frankfort, 18 April 1976

Sharonrose Zane

Reaction score
How are all of you? Allow me to introduce myself, I am Sharonrose Zane. I read comments made about my sister,and wanted to clear a few things up. No she wasn't pregnant. We supported each other and had good parents who would have helped her through such a time in need. We lived in Chicago's Roseland community,and moved in 1971 when the neighborhood started changing. We moved to Frankfort,which was an old farm town, and a lot different from the city. April missed her friends from Chicago, and would go to Hegewisch,Riverdale,and Calumet City to see her old friends who moved there. My parents of course didn't like the idea of her taking off at that age alone, noone's parents would I don't think. They worried,and it didn't seem to matter at the time to her. She wanted to be with the people she grew up with.She was a very nice, sweet talented kid,but couldn't adjust to the drastic change,I don't think. Here is an update. In early August, I had my DNA taken by my local police department,to see if it compares to any Jane Doe's in the Washington Database. Soon we will know something, and you will all be the first to know. I appreciate you all taking the time to look at this case. God Bless, and pray I bring April home, one way or another. Love, Sharonrose

I'm so very sorry, Sharonrose...I have lived in Tinley Park my whole life and never knew your sister was missing. I understand what you are saying about moving from Roseland (that's where my in-laws were from and they moved to Tinley in the 60's for the same reason). It must have been a huge adjustment for a teenager coming from the city.

I will pray for your sister and your family...I'm sorry for what you must have been going through all of these years.

Thank you. I am just trying to say thanks to all of the people that are supporting my search. If my sister is gone,somebody knows,and I have the right to bury her. If she is alive,somebody knows,and I am sure they would have a heart to let me knoow she's okay. Thank you for your kindness,as the only family I have are my kids. I'm the only one left. Tinley Park,huh? My old stomping grounds.

Wow shanon rose, never have I read anything on here that hit close to home. I grew up in Calumet City, however I am too young to remember if I had ever seen her, I wasn't born yet.

I wish you luck with the DNA, please let us know.

How are all of you? Allow me to introduce myself, I am Sharonrose Zane. I read comments made about my sister,and wanted to clear a few things up. No she wasn't pregnant. We supported each other and had good parents who would have helped her through such a time in need. We lived in Chicago's Roseland community,and moved in 1971 when the neighborhood started changing. We moved to Frankfort,which was an old farm town, and a lot different from the city. April missed her friends from Chicago, and would go to Hegewisch,Riverdale,and Calumet City to see her old friends who moved there. My parents of course didn't like the idea of her taking off at that age alone, noone's parents would I don't think. They worried,and it didn't seem to matter at the time to her. She wanted to be with the people she grew up with.She was a very nice, sweet talented kid,but couldn't adjust to the drastic change,I don't think. Here is an update. In early August, I had my DNA taken by my local police department,to see if it compares to any Jane Doe's in the Washington Database. Soon we will know something, and you will all be the first to know. I appreciate you all taking the time to look at this case. God Bless, and pray I bring April home, one way or another. Love, Sharonrose

I'm so very sorry, Sharonrose...I have lived in Tinley Park my whole life and never knew your sister was missing. I understand what you are saying about moving from Roseland (that's where my in-laws were from and they moved to Tinley in the 60's for the same reason). It must have been a huge adjustment for a teenager coming from the city.

I will pray for your sister and your family...I'm sorry for what you must have been going through all of these years.

small world, My husband grew up in Tinley :)

Missing Since: April 18, 1976 from Frankfort, Illinois
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: February 25, 1960
Height and Weight: 5'4 - 5'6, 115 - 120 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Dark auburn hair, blue/gray/green eyes. Zane has facial freckles. She has an exceptionally long back, which makes her appear taller than she actually is. She has scars on her right knee and her chin, and an appendectomy scar on her right hip.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A brown flannel jacket.

Details of Disappearance

Zane was last seen in Frankfort, Illinois on April 18, 1976. She said she was going to town to a visit a friend, but never arrived at the friend's home. Zane has a history of running away from home but has never been gone this long. Several times she ran away and was located in Chicago, where she was arrested for curfew violation.

Zane's parents both died in 2003, but her younger sister continues to search for her. She did not have a Social Security number at the time of her disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Frankfort Police Department
815-469-4935

Aprils NamUs page:

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/1689/0/

There seems to be some discrepancy on the year she went missing.

NamUs is giving a year of 1977 versus 1976.

If Aprils sister is still checking in here from time to time can you verify the year for us?

i hope your search is fruitful. everyone deserves the right to know where their loved one is.

It has been 35 years since April Zane went missing.

I was just checking Charley Project tonight and they posted a new pic of April and it looks like the Arroyo Jane Doe morgue photo a LOT. They eye color is different-green not blue like April's but boy, that new pic looks a bunch like her. Let me know what you think. Thanks, guys.

She does look pretty close.

In addition to the eye color, there is no mention that AGJD has an appendectomy scar though, or scars on her knee and chin.

Very sad,

What is the correct year of her disappearance? 1976 or 1977?

Satch

Hey Carl...

I don't have the software you do but I blew up the Arroyo Jane Doe photo and if you look on the left side of her chin, there looks like there is a scar there that runs from the corner of her mouth to the side of her chin. Can't tell if it's a shadow or the scar. Thanks for your help, Carl!

She does look pretty close.

In addition to the eye color, there is no mention that AGJD has an appendectomy scar though, or scars on her knee and chin.

April Rose Zane, 16, Missing since April 18, 1977 from Frankfort, IL

--------------------------------------------
Here is the Doenetwork file on April's case. Note that they state she went missing in 1977 vice 1976. They do, however, state that she was 16 when she went missing so that would indicate 1976. Which year is correct? If it is 1976, Doenetwork should be asked to make a correction to their site.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

April Rose Zane
Missing since April 18, 1977 from Frankfort, Will County, Illinois
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: February 25, 1960
Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"-5'6"; 115-120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Dark auburn hair; blue-grey/green eyes. She has a long back which makes her appear tall. April has freckles on her face.
Marks, Scars: Scar on her right hip from appendectomy; scar on her right knee; scar on her chin.
Clothing: Last seen wearing a brown flannel jacket.
Dentals: Available
DNA: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available

Circumstances of Disappearance

Zane was last seen in Frankfort, Illinois on April 18, 1977. (It is possible that she went missing the year prior - 1976). She was going into town to visit a friend. She never made it to the friends' house and was never heard from again.

April had a record of running away from home, but always turned up later. She was found several times in the Chicago land area and arrested for curfew violation.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Frankfort Police Department
815-469-9435

Agency Case Number: M08A6669

NCIC Number: M-597208598

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
The Doe Network
NCMEC
NamUs
The Doe Network: Case File 1404DFIL

LINK:

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1404dfil.html

Bump, she would have turned 52 just over a week ago.

I hope you find her, I really do!!!!!!!!!!
any information about her (scars, previous injuries) that would further help us?
any info about her personality?

A history of running away is patent. The scars, three of them, should be an excellent indicator but so far have drawn a blank on UIDs from surrounding states - and far more talented, committed sleuthers than me have searched. Chicago would have been her destination, but whether she got there is anybody's guess.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back