Media Frenzy

Macushla

Our Royal Himalayan Gopher Hounds
Reaction score
This morning at least one local Orlando TV station had their helicopter follow the car Casey was in from the jail to her house - it was shown live. Last week a TV reporter mentioned that a newspaper reporter came away from the mob scene at Casy's first release bleeding from his ear - and he had no idea how it happened. I have seen camera people trip and fall flat during a rush to catch a sound bit or quick picture and other media push right on by them. This morning a reporter used the phrase 'media frenzy' and kind of smiled when he said it. I am not sure how I feel about this and was wondering what others thought. On one hand, it is a bizarre case and there are so many different teists and turns that should be reported. On the other hand, is the constant attention of the media only making the whole case more of a circus? Is LE leaking items on purpose or are they tearing their hair out when they see info on the news that might potentially harm their case because it came out too soon. Where should the line be drawn? Where does our 'right to know' stop? I will be the first to admit that I devour every single new comment, etc. that I see. But I also feel so sorry for the people who live on the same street as the Anthonys and try to imagine how I would deal with it - making sure my automatic sprinklers went on at least 3 times a day was my first thought:) I just wonder how far down the 'vulture journalism' road this is going to go? Who gets blamed if someone gets hurt while in front of the house, the jail, etc. Also, if that happened - would the media stand there and film it or jump in to help the person it happened to? Yes, I am a little cynical, I admit it. Ok Rant over

I feel for the neighbors, but as far as the Anthonys are concerned...they deserve it. They could end it. They ask for it and now they have it. I think I like the pressure it keeps on them. That's just me tho...others feel differently and I respect that too.

it's interesting how the Anthony's neighbors have completely clammed up. I have not heard or seen one word from them since the one mentioned hearing the fight, the dog that Casey walked and the shovel owner. I haven't even seen them outside.

it must be terrible to live in that immediate area with all the media making noise. Perhaps they will all band together and file a civil suit against the Anthonys....(just theorizing)

I feel sorry for the neighbors. I can't imagine the kind of circus they have to endure on a daily basis.

As for the Anthonys, not so much.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho