WebSleuth Members Assisting TES "Journal" and Support Only Thread # 2

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Please continue here.

I am locking the other thread temporarily to remove sensitive information posted.

I will restore it as soon as I clean it up.

IF YOU ARE AN ACTIVE SEARCHING POSTER FOR CAYLEE ANTHONY, BE VERY CAREFUL WHAT YOU POST.

YOU SIGN A CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT WITH TES.

Thankyou Christine!!

Thankyou everyone for your good thoughts for all of us at the search this weekend. And thanks to all of those who couldn't make it but worked so hard behind the scenes donating money, supplies, food etc... You all are amazing! :blowkiss:

I went out on the search for Caylee today and was kind of surprised by my experience. There was definitely more than the "dozen or so" people there, as was reported yesterday, but still not nearly enough. Although I know that everyone is there for sincere reasons, and has in someway been touched by this case, I felt like many of the volunteer searchers weren't as effective as they could've been. Our group leaders had no more experience or knowledge of the area etc. than any one else, they just simply raised their hand and accepted the job. The command center was fairly disorganized (searchers not knowing where to go, with who, what to look for), and changed while we were on a search. I was disturbed that the team leaders decided for themselves what findings were important and which weren't. As far as we were told, if we find something-we tell the leader-they call the command center. Most of the searchers are locals who took a day off from work to help out, but ended up standing around confused or unguided for too much of the valuable time. I plan on going back as much as possible (working around class/bus schedules). I hope that everyone can pull together better in the coming days so that Caylee can finally go home and so that everyone involved can find peace knowing the truth, good or bad.

Thanks to everyone searching..

I have been on a few and had similar experiences. Better to do something than nothing...but, now is the time to make a difference.

We need advocates in every state like Kelly Jolkwoski of Project Jason in NE and Monica Caison of Cue on NC.

:woohoo::woohoo:

Be prepared to start setting up resources state by state here on WS...it's a start. I have been 'building the area' and it will be posted soon.

Thanks to everyone searching..

I have been on a few and had similar experiences. Better to do something than nothing...but, now is the time to make a difference.

We need advocates in every state like Kelly Jolkwoski of Project Jason in NE and Monica Caison of Cue on NC.

:woohoo::woohoo:

Be prepared to start setting up resources state by state here on WS...it's a start. I have been 'building the area' and it will be posted soon.

Sorry I responded to a thread( regarding dogs, ATV etc) on the first one didn't realize that you locked it, until I was finished writing.

You may have 25 teams and 10 dogs and 7 ATV's. Just depends on what they have for resources at the time. If there is something you don't know and need to know....just ask. The TES people will explain anything.

I agree with you to a point, you can only have what your resources allow. But, I do think that ALL teams need at least one EXPERIENCED searcher, whether it be someone with a week's worth of experience or someone with years worth of experience, that way the TEAM is not so discombulated. Trust me, I have worked as a Paramedic for the past 20 years in Florida and have worked many disasters such as the tornadoes in Pinellas County to Hurricane Katrina in Mississippi and at each and every place, we survived because of TEAMWORK.

In regards to the TES I think that right now they are just so overwhelmed that they really do not have an answer, nor the time for each and every question. I know my friend ( who drove from St Pete to help in the search) and I asked many questions, that did not get answered.(i.e. "when do we break, what about bathrooms, what about taking our own cars to the location, what is significant what isn't, what do we do when we get done searching) No one gave us any guidance....we even went to our location without any water. We never were told that we were supposed to take a case.

When we were given our assignment, there were only 3/11 of us from Orlando and being a Paramedic in Orange County, I knew the area that we were searching VERY well. I was trying to explain to the person representating the Command Center(who is not from this area) and our team, the things to look out for in this area, such as a large homeless camps which in this area are usually "booby trapped", railroad tracks, high traffic area, etc. Rather then say thank you he basically became very sarcastic and unwilling to listen to anything that I had to say.....that really discouraged me. I was just trying to PROTECT my team-members.

I would never want to discourage anyone from going out to help search for Caylee, God knows that we need as many people out there, as we can possibly get. I personally have been trying to get my coworkers from Universal, fellow firefighters, fellow paramedics and even enlisting my friends and family from Pinellas County to come out, and slowly but surely, they are.

But it does need to be mention that if you are the type of person who expects to go out to the search and be told exactly what you need to do, it won't happen. As far as your previous post stating "an agreement signed" neither my friend nor I signed any such agreement. Yes, we were told in the meeting, not to take pictures or talk to the media but an agreement was NOT signed.

Nonetheless, it was very rewarding to be out there searching and hopefully making strides in bringing "OUR LITTLE GIRL" home...and isn't that what this is all about?

THANKS TO HALLEYSCOMET FOR DIRECTIONS!!

For those planning on coming out this weekend, please don't rely on your gps to get you to the new location. It is very close to the old command center but the area is so newly developed that a lot of people were saying that the address didn't register on their GPS.

If you know how to get to the old command center at Holiday Inn, here are directions from there:

When you go out the back of the Holiday Inn Parking lot you are on Laurel Valley Drive. Turn right onto Hazeltine National Drive and turn right onto TCP Drive. Turn left onto McCoy Road and end at 6317 McCoy Road. Don't look for address though because the command center is in the parking lot and you're better off just looking for vehicles and the blue tent at the end of the parking lot. The command center will be on your left and you will see the blue tent at the end of the parking lot.

If you want to mapquest it, the parking lot is on the corner of TPC Blvd and McCoy Rd.

see you all there!!!

The volunteer sheet that you signed has the confidentiality agreement towards the bottom.

THANKS TO HALLEYSCOMET FOR DIRECTIONS!!

For those planning on coming out this weekend, please don't rely on your gps to get you to the new location. It is very close to the old command center but the area is so newly developed that a lot of people were saying that the address didn't register on their GPS.

If you know how to get to the old command center at Holiday Inn, here are directions from there:

When you go out the back of the Holiday Inn Parking lot you are on Laurel Valley Drive. Turn right onto Hazeltine National Drive and turn right onto TCP Drive. Turn left onto McCoy Road and end at 6317 McCoy Road. Don't look for address though because the command center is in the parking lot and you're better off just looking for vehicles and the blue tent at the end of the parking lot. The command center will be on your left and you will see the blue tent at the end of the parking lot.

If you want to mapquest it, the parking lot is on the corner of TPC Blvd and McCoy Rd.

see you all there!!!

The volunteer sheet that you signed has the confidentiality agreement towards the bottom.

**Thank you Gigi about the info on the confidentiality agreement, I don't remember reading it, but of course I didn't have my reading glasses and I am getting old:doh:***

Come on out! We are planning a great search in the morning!

Meet us by the Ice Truck!

We'll be waiting for you!

:)

Sorry I responded to a thread( regarding dogs, ATV etc) on the first one didn't realize that you locked it, until I was finished writing.

I agree with you to a point, you can only have what your resources allow. But, I do think that ALL teams need at least one EXPERIENCED searcher, whether it be someone with a week's worth of experience or someone with years worth of experience, that way the TEAM is not so discombulated. Trust me, I have worked as a Paramedic for the past 20 years in Florida and have worked many disasters such as the tornadoes in Pinellas County to Hurricane Katrina in Mississippi and at each and every place, we survived because of TEAMWORK.

In regards to the TES I think that right now they are just so overwhelmed that they really do not have an answer, nor the time for each and every question. I know my friend ( who drove from St Pete to help in the search) and I asked many questions, that did not get answered.(i.e. "when do we break, what about bathrooms, what about taking our own cars to the location, what is significant what isn't, what do we do when we get done searching) No one gave us any guidance....we even went to our location without any water. We never were told that we were supposed to take a case.

When we were given our assignment, there were only 3/11 of us from Orlando and being a Paramedic in Orange County, I knew the area that we were searching VERY well. I was trying to explain to the person representating the Command Center(who is not from this area) and our team, the things to look out for in this area, such as a large homeless camps which in this area are usually "booby trapped", railroad tracks, high traffic area, etc. Rather then say thank you he basically became very sarcastic and unwilling to listen to anything that I had to say.....that really discouraged me. I was just trying to PROTECT my team-members.

I would never want to discourage anyone from going out to help search for Caylee, God knows that we need as many people out there, as we can possibly get. I personally have been trying to get my coworkers from Universal, fellow firefighters, fellow paramedics and even enlisting my friends and family from Pinellas County to come out, and slowly but surely, they are.

But it does need to be mention that if you are the type of person who expects to go out to the search and be told exactly what you need to do, it won't happen. As far as your previous post stating "an agreement signed" neither my friend nor I signed any such agreement. Yes, we were told in the meeting, not to take pictures or talk to the media but an agreement was NOT signed.

Nonetheless, it was very rewarding to be out there searching and hopefully making strides in bringing "OUR LITTLE GIRL" home...and isn't that what this is all about?

I showed up to go out with the second shift around noon, and nothing was explained to us, we didn't sign an agreement of confidentiality, and nobody ever told us not to take photos or talk to the press. But I plan on going to the morning shift tomorrow. I assume it was because we got there later in the day.

Hi everyone- heres my update on Friday's search. Today was much much better! ...still not perfectly organized but I feel that our concerns were definitely listened to.

The morning started on time as Tim Miller along with some others explained clearly to everyone what we were looking for, how we look, who we should contact with concerns, etc. They insisted that each team have an experienced team leader (army/navy/firefighter), which helped A LOT to guide searchers.

There were GPS units, dogs, horses, and ATV's. There weren't enough dogs
for each team but I was told that the dogs would go back to any spot a search team recommended. Everyone seemed to be working really hard today... getting dirty and wet without hesitation.

I want to thank everyone that donated food, drinks, bug spray, and cars. There was plenty to go around. Subway donated sandwiches and wraps, pepsi donated drinks, and there were more that brought fruit, chips, crackers, etc. Someone made SUV's available for search teams (sorry, i don't know who). The community has really been reaching out and supporting TES and us.

The other searchers today were great! Everyone was working together and communicating well. Thanks! I'll be back Sunday, hope to see a good turnout.

and also of everyone that has been working behind the scenes to get the word out that volunteers are needed to search!:clap:

I do believe that the reason that the search numbers are up, are because of the people on this site and others(SM) who pushed media to report that searchers are needed! Also, the other sites that we contacted to promote the search!:woohoo:

I just wish I could be there with you, but I am in spirit! You are all in my thoughts and prayers, along with all of the searchers!:blowkiss:

God Speed!

Bring Caylee Home!!!

I just wanted to thank all of the searchers for what they are doing.
Deb

Baznme
user_offline.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unity55
I went out on the search for Caylee today and was kind of surprised by my experience. There was definitely more than the "dozen or so" people there, as was reported yesterday, but still not nearly enough. Although I know that everyone is there for sincere reasons, and has in someway been touched by this case, I felt like many of the volunteer searchers weren't as effective as they could've been. Our group leaders had no more experience or knowledge of the area etc. than any one else, they just simply raised their hand and accepted the job. The command center was fairly disorganized (searchers not knowing where to go, with who, what to look for), and changed while we were on a search. I was disturbed that the team leaders decided for themselves what findings were important and which weren't. As far as we were told, if we find something-we tell the leader-they call the command center. Most of the searchers are locals who took a day off from work to help out, but ended up standing around confused or unguided for too much of the valuable time. I plan on going back as much as possible (working around class/bus schedules). I hope that everyone can pull together better in the coming days so that Caylee can finally go home and so that everyone involved can find peace knowing the truth, good or bad.

I am sorry if this is what your experience was, but you should have told Tim Miller at the command center, not this board. We are not to divulge any details as to what you found, when you found it or where. You signed an agreement to that affect, did you not?

I just hope that your post doesn't discourage other potential searchers. I too have experienced some aspects to what you say but it was remedied in a hurry when questioned. Become part of the solution, not the problem. Everyone there is part of a "team".

I brought this over from the other thread because I felt it important to address this. (I'm forewarning, the train of thought is off as this was edited a billion times in the middle of the night and I've had very little sleep lately.)

Unity55 stated that when she returned after the search, the command center had been moved. She was not sure where she was supposed to go at that point. She came here to post this in the hopes that someone here would be able to offer some advice on how to fix these issues because she didn't know where to find anyone and wasn't given a number to reach anyone. Questioning was not an option at the search location. The post wasn't meant as an undue criticism or to discourage other searchers. It was an honest outline of the experience and an appeal for ways to find better approaches. She posted on this new thread that today's search went much, much better and it seems that most, if not all, of the issues had been addressed in a large group today. Perhaps that wouldn't have happened if, after not finding anyone in person to whom to direct the concerns, she had not posted the information here.

ETA: As for the agreement that was signed, I don't believe that there was any violation of that because the item mentioned was not something that was deemed important and wasn't even flagged. Therefore, as far as the search is concerned, that item was never "found". I am honestly asking, for clarification purposes, if someone finds something, say a suicide note (strictly hypothetical), that is later deemed to be completely unrelated because it's addressed to a Matilda and signed by a Bernard, is it a violation to mention it? Or is it a violation only if it is something that is flagged for LE or something believed to be related to the case at hand? If an item isn't flagged, then it's no more important than a rock or a turtle or sand, right? (I'm assuming that it's okay to mention those things.) So I'm not sure why something that was never flagged can't be mentioned.

In any case, to insinuate that, by her post, she is "part of the problem" is completely unfair and I found your post to be a bit harsh towards a new poster that is giving her time to search for a child she never met. She's doing what she can to help. She is trying to "become a part of the solution" and that's why she's out there. If you felt she was doing something wrong, some gentle guidance would have been a kinder, more team-oriented approach to pointing out the mistake. Most of us are not accustomed to searching for missing children and aren't necessarily acquainted with the rules. I agree that everyone there is a part of a team and that includes Unity55. I believe that WS is also a part of that team and a viable option to turn to when there are issues that need to be sorted out and no one can be found in person to whom to bring the concerns. As members of the same team, I hope we can find some nicer ways to talk to each other.

Anyway, after Unity55 addressed her concerns here, the only place she could find to address them and knowing that some members here are able to relay the concerns to TES, it seems the problems are being addressed. Therefore, the post had the desired effect as many of the searchers today felt much more confident about what they were supposed to do.

One more thing ... if this is a "journal" for WS members assisting TES but you can't write about what you saw and you can't post about your true feelings without being harshly and inappropriately accused of being a "part of the problem", then what exactly IS this thread for and who would want to come here to share their thoughts if that's the way we're going to treat them? A journal is about recording thoughts and experiences, is it not? :waitasec:

Just as you hope that Unity's post didn't discourage potential searchers, I hope that your post didn't discourage potential posters that might also be looking for guidance through an unfamiliar process or to share their experiences with us.

I don't know if you guys are able to say or not but is it true what it said on NGrace tonight about the items searchers were supposed to be looking for?

If you cannot answer this just ignore it I will understand

I'll be going over to the search later today. I just had to take the morning off. It was so hot yesterday.

There were questions about a confidentiality agreement. I did sign one the first day. It's very important for people to not talk specifics whether or not they signed an agreement.

As far as the information on the rug and duffel bag, I think these must have just been given as examples of what may be found just to give new searchers an idea of what to look for. They told us just to look for anything out of the ordinary that doesn't fit with the location.

Also, during the debriefing, the leaders go over specifics on what was found. If you feel that something seemed important, tell someone at the debriefing center. Or, call the command center from the location and tell them what you found. The tel number is on the wrist band that they give you.

When there weren't too many volunteers, it was possible to go out with an experienced searcher. I think they will have more professional searchers there today to lead groups.

Anyhow, thanks for all of your prayers. I really feel that we are going to find her.

Will try to write tonight if I don't pass out from exhaustion. By nature, I'm a city girl and I'm not all that young anymore. This walking through bushes is all new to me!

I'll be going over to the search later today. I just had to take the morning off. It was so hot yesterday.

There were questions about a confidentiality agreement. I did sign one the first day. It's very important for people to not talk specifics whether or not they signed an agreement.

As far as the information on the rug and duffel bag, I think these must have just been given as examples of what may be found just to give new searchers an idea of what to look for. They told us just to look for anything out of the ordinary that doesn't fit with the location.

Also, during the debriefing, the leaders go over specifics on what was found. If you feel that something seemed important, tell someone at the debriefing center. Or, call the command center from the location and tell them what you found. The tel number is on the wrist band that they give you.

When there weren't too many volunteers, it was possible to go out with an experienced searcher. I think they will have more professional searchers there today to lead groups.

Anyhow, thanks for all of your prayers. I really feel that we are going to find her.

Will try to write tonight if I don't pass out from exhaustion. By nature, I'm a city girl and I'm not all that young anymore. This walking through bushes is all new to me!

Keep up the good work! Hope there was a major turnout :)

Oh, I believe there will be. There were new people arriving from out of the area last night. I even saw people with Klaas Search Team Shirts that brought along their dogs. Many professional search organizations will be there from other counties in FL. Our last search last night was with two search and recovery officers who travelled here from Citrus County.

Good luck to everyone today. BE SAFE! I was very near a water moccasin on the last search Monday, scared me to death! I left him alone, and he left me alone thank goodness! lol

Was unable to attend today, not feeling well, but wanted all of you out there to know I'm thinking of you today. Maybe if I'm feeling better tomorrow and they still need help I can attend. Just know all of you out there today are in my prayers!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back