Observation about JG interview

cacnotcam

Reaction score
Ok. I cannot find the link for the life of me, but while watching the 20/20 special from Friday, they replayed that very early in the case interview with JG. This interview, IIRC, was very early on in the case. While speaking, he referred to Caylee in the past tense (i.e. something like she was....." then very quickly changed it to "she is....." Just struck me as odd, being that it was so early in the investigation, that he would speak of her as if he knew that she was gone. I am just thinking out loud here. Was wondering if anyone else had caught that or if it had struck anyone else as odd.

I'm saying it means anything....Just had to put it out there as food for thought. My grandpa has been gone for well over a month, and I still catch myself saying "he is...." then have to quickly change it to "he was...." The complete opposite of what I saw JG doing.

Thoughts?

(If this isn not the right place for this thread, my apologies!)

I noticed it too. He quickly corrected himself. He may have just been nervous. We know Ricardo believes Caylee is no longer with us but I cant remember reading Jesse's thoughts on it.

Yes, I did wonder if maybe the nerves just were playing a roll. At times, he did look uncomfortable. I would be too, given the circumstances, for sure.

Forgive me for not being able to keep up with all of the men in Casey's life, but was JG still in contact with the Anthonys at all? In the phone records or MS links?

I just mean that he might use past tense if he is no longer involved with them and only knows about Caylee in the past.

Or he might have had a gut feeling immediately about what Casey has done. I know of one time when an elderly family member died peacefully in her sleep, one person confided to me that he "knows" her son killed her. No proof but it was the day of the death. Maybe JG "knows" as well without being involved.

After what she put him through, he might be the one who truly knows what she is capable of.

Forgive me for not being able to keep up with all of the men in Casey's life, but was JG still in contact with the Anthonys at all? In the phone records or MS links?

I just mean that he might use past tense if he is no longer involved with them and only knows about Caylee in the past.

Or he might have had a gut feeling immediately about what Casey has done. I know of one time when an elderly family member died peacefully in her sleep, one person confided to me that he "knows" her son killed her. No proof but it was the day of the death. Maybe JG "knows" as well without being involved.

After what she put him through, he might be the one who truly knows what she is capable of.

He was the former finacee that thought Caylee was his until the paternity test. He was an active part in her life, as well as his entire family. (I hear up until about the age of 10 months.) I do get what you are saying about referring to her in the past because maybe he hadn't seen her but still...I have friends that I haven't spoken to in years and I do not use the past tense! I'm not sure how much contact he has had with Caylee. Per RG's MySpace blogs, it sounds like not a whole lot....BUT KC was calling him on the phone still.....you know. For places to stay, showers, etc...In that month that Caylee was not being reported, I think...IIRC.

I agree that it was VERY odd. I remember seeing something about this during the Peterson case (hate to keep bringing that up, but there are so many similarities). During one of Scott's interviews he continuously referred to Laci in the past tense and I believe corrected himself on this as well. They used that in trial against him, and if I remember correctly they had experts testify the slip ups helped prove his guilt. Totally on memory here, keep that in mind.

I agree that it was VERY odd. I remember seeing something about this during the Peterson case (hate to keep bringing that up, but there are so many similarities). During one of Scott's interviews he continuously referred to Laci in the past tense and I believe corrected himself on this as well. They used that in trial against him, and if I remember correctly they had experts testify the slip ups helped prove his guilt. Totally on memory here, keep that in mind.

Yeah, I believe I remeber that as well. Again, going back a few years here!! But I seem to remember him doing that in his famous 20/20 or Dateline interview...Whichever one it was.

That was the first thing that came to my mind - Scott talking about Laci in the past tense however, with JG, I think maybe he thinks Caylee is gone or maybe he just hasn't seen her in awhile and was like "she was always" this or that.

That was the first thing that came to my mind - Scott talking about Laci in the past tense however, with JG, I think maybe he thinks Caylee is gone or maybe he just hasn't seen her in awhile and was like "she was always" this or that.

But for me, just the way he ever so quickly changed to "I mean she is...." was what struck me. Almost like he was internally saying "crap!!"

I know what you are saying, and you may be correct, but at this point I am really leaning towards someone helping KC dispose of the body and he just may have had something to do with it. I hope not though. :mad:

I know what you are saying, and you may be correct, but at this point I am really leaning towards someone helping KC dispose of the body and he just may have had something to do with it. I hope not though. :mad:

Yeah or maybe he she told him. He may have been completely uninvolved but IIRC, during the time that Caylee was missing but not reported, she did contact JG by phone and asked to use his shower. Maybe she said something while she was there??

True, but I think there is a big difference between Scott doing it and JG. In Scott's case it indicated either a) guilt or b) giving up hope. The fact that he did it so immediately when he claimed not to be giving up hope and there was no evidence that Laci was, in fact, dead indicated guilt.

In JG's case, Caylee had been missing for a month and not reported to LE; Casey's story was a bunch of BS (which JG would be intimately familiar with); and there was the 911 call from Cindy about the smell IMMEDIATELY. I don't think it was a stretch for him to assume that Casey had harmed Caylee and that Caylee was dead at that point, even if he had nothing to do with it and didn't know for sure.

He was talking about how smart she was/is. "She was a very smart girl" Quickly changed to "She is a very smart girl". I agree that he may have said that because in his mind she is gone after a month missing but also took note of how he felt he should quickly change his words to the present tense.

ETA: At the time this interview was given I believe he had not yet recanted his statement that he was positive that he heard Caylee during a phone conversation with Casey on the 24th of June. Does anyone know when he decided that he may not have heard her voice, only Casey saying "Get off the Table". I wonder if it was before or after this interview.

Ok. I cannot find the link for the life of me, but while watching the 20/20 special from Friday, they replayed that very early in the case interview with JG. This interview, IIRC, was very early on in the case. While speaking, he referred to Caylee in the past tense (i.e. something like she was....." then very quickly changed it to "she is....." Just struck me as odd, being that it was so early in the investigation, that he would speak of her as if he knew that she was gone. I am just thinking out loud here. Was wondering if anyone else had caught that or if it had struck anyone else as odd.

I'm saying it means anything....Just had to put it out there as food for thought. My grandpa has been gone for well over a month, and I still catch myself saying "he is...." then have to quickly change it to "he was...." The complete opposite of what I saw JG doing.

Thoughts?

(If this isn not the right place for this thread, my apologies!)

Yeah, I noticed that KC was using the past tense, during some of her interrogations.

My father (who was a lawyer) pointed that out to our family when Susan Smith did it.

A close friend of mine died in February. I still have to keep reminding myself not to use the present tense.

A close friend of mine died in February. I still have to keep reminding myself not to use the present tense.

That's because you have always used the present tense when referring to your friend. JG would not have ever used the past tense when referring to Caylee so it would not be habit for him to do it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back