GUILTY CA - Gregory Haidl, Kyle Nachreiner & Keith Spann for gang rape, Corona de Mar, 2002

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
To prosecutors, Gregory Scott Haidl and his buddies are rapists, depraved teens who filmed themselves attacking an unconscious 16-year-old girl on a pool table during a summer night party in Corona del Mar.

Each could face 55 years in prison.

And that's what eats at Don Haidl. He worries that if his son goes to prison, the scrawny 18-year-old won't survive.

"If they send him to prison, it's a death sentence," said Haidl, an Orange County assistant sheriff. Haidl and his family try to remain optimistic. But doubt always creeps in. Because of the case's notoriety, they say, they are virtually confined to his home — where the alleged rape took place.

Haidl paints a picture of his son as "the most kind, caring, sweet kid you'd ever meet in your life." He says he believes his son is guilty of nothing more than acting thoughtlessly.

"They're all basically good kids who got themselves into a stupid, terrible situation," Haidl said.

http://www.latimes.com/news/custom/showcase/la-me-haidl26apr26.story

This makes me want to hurl... :sick:

What a low life piece of cow dung. And it isn't bad enough that he engaged in this outrageous incident... he can't seem to stay out of trouble since then! He even manages to get a member of LE that is completely unrelated to his :loser: hiney in trouble! Then he makes obscene gestures at the media while at the courthouse for a hearing?? And everyone is suppose to believe that he is suicidal in his shame? :rolleyes: :liar:

And the most sad (and yet nausiatingly dripping with denial) fact, is this father believing he should "blame himself"... :confused: For WHAT??... having sperm that produced such a complete waste of oxygen and general space on planet Earth?

I can't believe a man with absolutely no sense of judgement was in charge of keeping the peace and carrying out law enforcement duties. I'll BET he doesn't want to see the videotape... like Lee and Jackie Peterson. Is he afraid it might change his mind?... make him see the truth that is his own flesh and blood... as worthless as a diseased tic?

If I were the father or mother of that girl I would want to come face to face with the man in blue who can make headlines and news stories at will whining about his poor sadistic son. Not only would I tell him to watch the tape and face the TRUTH or shut up... but I'd make sure I planted some similar images into his head about his little boy and Bubba.

Pay back is a ! :mad:

Well I hope my daughter never meets any nice, caring kids like this. :doh:

I don't believe for a second he hasn't seen the tape. Copies had to be turned over to his attorney, the Dad is in law enforcement, you know he just HAD to see what they had on his little prince, might not mean he watched it all, but I'm betting he did.

Yeah, he's basically a sweet kid whose going to find himself in another "bad position" IN PRISON!!! A REAL BAD POSITION!

Several things in that article are outstandingly nauseating. The perp's father says: "...we're fighting for the lives of 3 boys. That's got to come first." Hel-lo? What about the VICTIM? Remember her?

He says his son feels guilt for what he's PUT HIS FAMILY THRU. No guilt about the victim. Remember her?

He also says he's not sure what kind of life his son would have even if acquited. WHAT ABOUT THE VICTIM'S LIFE?

All together now, can we spell enabler? Grrr

Opie very good points... it all seems to be about the boys!

Boys will be boys... us men? why we bleed all the time... just because he cheated doesn't me he killed.. blah blah blah...

These boys raped this girl... they should be pleading guilty! and their parents should be telling then that - while still supporting and loving them.

:mad:

Cass, I agree. I also think that this crime is a little too deviant for the father to be spouting about his li'l boy.

Prosecution says...

"They contend that during the 2002 Fourth of July weekend, the trio videotaped themselves raping the girl on a pool table and sodomizing her with a bottle, billiard cue and cigarette."

"Gregory Haidl himself, by his own 'little boy' hands, inserted various objects in the girl and helped his friends do the same," Gurwitz told the judge. "It's his camera. It's in his house. He's the one who's in the best position to stop what's going on here."

~~~~~~~

Father says...

Haidl paints a picture of his son as "the most kind, caring, sweet kid you'd ever meet in your life." He says he believes his son is guilty of nothing more than acting thoughtlessly.

"They're all basically good kids who got themselves into a stupid, terrible situation," Haidl said.

~~~~~

Defense is trying to say it was consensual - even though she was unconcious ~ as she has had sex with all three boys before. The defense won a motion to allow evidence of the prior sexual encounters.

~~~~~

I am interested to see how this case turns out.

Bill O'Reilly did a segment on this story yesterday.

One of the guests commented that he guesses that the father has spent millions on his sons defense so far....I hate that money can buy freedom and a not guilty verdict. I hope it doesn't happen in this case.

I hope they are found guilty, after all there is a TAPE of the assult! it's not like they can deny it happened. I bet they are wishing they had not made the video now.

However, I think the 55 years max penalty is too much when taking into account everyones age, the alcohol, the prior sexual contact with the girl etc etc.... I would like to see them punished and jailed, held accountable but not for 55 years....

Flame me if you will :truce:

The Orange County Register has a graphic account of Haidl's activity (horrible, despicable stuff!) shown on the DVD: http://www.ocweekly.com/ink/04/22/news-moxley.php

Gregory Haidl might be "a caring, sweet kid" around his dad, but what he did to a 16-year-old girl while the camera rolled, then showed to his high school friends on DVD was certainly neither caring nor sweet.

LP ~ good find, that link had much more detail. I can't believe the defense is trying to say he didn't rape the girl because he used foreign objects instead of his penis.

They can't stop the DVD from being played for the Jury... those boys.. all of them... are in deep trouble.

Oh, my. This is just awful. Why would the father defend his son in such a way???

Snip from: http://www.ocweekly.com/ink/04/22/news-moxley.php
"All three of those guys took out their sick sexual fantasies on an unconscious girl," said one law-enforcement source familiar with the video’s contents. "And it was Gregory Haidl who was laughing and dancing around and mugging for the camera as he personally directed his friends on what to do to the victim. He grabbed her *advertiser censored*. He squeezed her breast. He shoved the foreign objects in her. I don’t care that he didn’t put his penis in her or not."

What these 3 "boys" did was horrendous, and the father's actions are only making matters worse. :furious: It's good to know that the Jury will get to see the video (as awful as it will be to watch), because there's no way they'll get away with what they did with THAT kind of evidence! That poor girl. :(

** UPDATE **

O.C. Jury Watches Video of Alleged Gang Rape

One man grimaced but kept watching. A woman shuddered, wiped her eyes, then seemed to force herself to turn back to the screen.

But most of the jurors hid their thoughts and emotions Tuesday as they watched a videotape purported to show three young men, including an Orange County assistant sheriff's son, raping an unconscious 16-year-old girl.

It was the first time that jurors were shown the much-discussed video, though the public was not permitted to see the footage.

Still, the public and the press remained in the Santa Ana courtroom Tuesday while the four-woman, eight-man Superior Court jury watched the 20 minutes of videotape shot in the garage of Assistant Sheriff Don Haidl's Corona del Mar home.

Haidl was not home during the Fourth of July weekend in 2002 when his son, Gregory Scott Haidl, 18, is alleged, along with Kyle Joseph Nachreiner and Keith James Spann, both 19, to have sexually assaulted the girl on a couch and a pool table. At the time, the three defendants lived in the Rancho Cucamonga area. Each defendant faces a maximum 55-year prison sentence if convicted on all counts.

On Monday, the trial's first day, jurors got a verbal preview of the video when Deputy Dist. Atty. Dan Hess described its contents during his opening statement. The prosecutors gave each juror a black binder containing images from the tape, and jurors thumbed through them while Hess described his version of events.

Hess said the boys are shown having sex with the girl as she lies limp with closed eyes, then raping her with various objects — including a bottle, a pool cue and a lighted cigarette.

http://www.latimes.com/news/custom/showcase/la-me-haidl5may05.story

*** UPDATE ***

Attorney takes blaming the victim to whole new level

At the May 3 start of the Orange County trial of three teenage boys accused of gang-raping an unconscious minor, a defense attorney made a startling assertion: the alleged victim enticed the "sweet," "caring," "kind" defendants into a sexual frenzy and then, while faking unconsciousness, sexually assaulted them. At one point, the attorney, an incredulous Joseph G. Cavallo, blurted out to the jury, "Why isn’t she being charged with this crime?"

"She knew how to use her body. She knew how to use sex," said Cavallo, one of at least nine defense lawyers (not including the publicist, a jury consultant and an army of private investigators) representing Gregory Scott Haidl, 18; Kyle Joseph Nachreiner, 19; and Keith James Spann, 19. They’ve pleaded not guilty to 24 felony counts for the July 2002 Newport Beach incident. Referring to a video they made of the incident, Cavallo said, "The boys had every reason to believe she consented: she orchestrated it."

It was just one of the defense’s many remarkable claims after apparently horrified jurors inspected prosecution-supplied photographs of the late night gang bang. The images (which I’ll describe momentarily) are so disturbing that the defense team wasted no time calling the filmed episode repugnant, but blamed it solely on the 16-year-old girl known in court only as Jane Doe.

"The things she wanted done were done," said John Barnett, counsel for Nachreiner. "It’s disgusting and it’s awful. Who would consent to this? Jane Doe. Nobody is going to argue this isn’t morally outrageous. It is, but it was a choice. . . . This is exactly what she wanted. They believed her when she says she wanted to be a *advertiser censored* star."

Peter Morreale, who represents Spann, claimed that Doe rarely wore panties and flirted, and that his client "was [then] 17 years old and tripping over himself" to have "consensual sex" with her. On the night of the alleged crime, Doe first rejected their invitation to come to their party.

"They were bummed that they’re not going to get any!" said Morreale. Later, Doe changed her mind and drove to Newport Beach. When she called to say she’d arrive soon the boys "high-fived" each other. He claims the girl promised Nachreiner that she wanted a gang bang. "I’m not advocating this girl wanted to be the next Marilyn Chambers or a deep-throat expert, but that was her mentality," said Morreale.

In just his opening statement, a pacing, finger-pointing Cavallo told the jury that the girl—next to the tape itself, the prosecution’s star witness--is "a nut," "a pathological liar," "a cheater," an "out-of-control girl," "the aggressor," a wanna-be "*advertiser censored* star," "a troubled young lady," "a tease--that’s what she is!" "a mess," a "master manipulator," a "little opportunist," "a compulsive liar," "a cheat--that’s what she is" and a "callous" drug addict and alcoholic who trimmed her pubic hair, bragged about liking group sex and once drank a beer in a car.

"Why was her vagina and anus completely shaved?" Cavallo asked jurors. "How many teenagers have a shaved vagina and anus? I don’t know, but I can think of a reason. Sex! She’s a sexual person!"

http://www.ocweekly.com/ink/04/35/moxley-exclusive.php

May 13, 2004 NEWS BRIEFS

SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) - A judge denied a prosecution request to increase the $100,000 bail for teenage gang-rape defendant Gregory Scott Haidl, son of Orange County's assistant sheriff.

Citing three run-ins with police since his gang-rape arrest, Deputy District Attorney Dan Hess asked for the hike in bail, saying he feared the 18-year-old will flee. Adding to prosecution fears was a statement by Assistant Sheriff Don Haidl that sending his son to prison was tantamount to a death sentence and the defendant said he wanted to kill himself.

During a 60-second hearing Wednesday, Superior Court Judge Francisco P. Briseno denied the bail hike request, noting no new criminal charges have been filed against the teenager.

The younger Haidl and co-defendants Keith Spann and Kyle Nachreiner, both 19, are on trial for allegedly raping an unconscious 16-year-old girl in July 2002 in Corona del Mar. Testimony resumes Monday.

So, the beginning of the video shows the girl having oral sex. Did these boys take the situation to the next level, or just still going at it. Sounds like sex was the theme for the evening. Jane Doe shows up alone, private areas completely shaved. Even though she's under age, this 16 year old is not some innocent little girl.

She wakes up in a vehicle on the street. Didn't remember what had happen. Geez...If someone inserted objects into me, such as a snapple bottle. Or pool cue in the fanny!!! Awake or not I would know that something went on. Did she go to the hospital, or tell anyone? I would like to know what her side of the story is before sending anyone to prison.

I feel sorry for her. 16 years old and out all night. Wonder if her parents were looking for her, or reported her missing. It said that she wanted to hang out with the wealthy kids. Truly a sad story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back