REVISIT Possible Reasons Purse/Work Bag in the Car

SusieClue

Reaction score
In one of her interviews, Cindy admits that she found it very strange that Casey left her purse in the abandoned car. She said, "If you're a woman, you don't leave your purse!"

And my reply is, you don't lose your kid either. But in the interest of fairness, let's examine possible reasons that someone might possibly leave a purse behind in an abandoned vehicle. Oh, also, she left the car to buy groceries, without her purse - which would indicate that she had to preplan and get some money out of her purse to have with her to buy the said groceries.

I'll start the list, please add if you can think of anything:

1. You want to entice someone to steal your decomp laden car so that you can fake a kidnapping scenario. my personal fave.

2. You HATE your purse and never want to see it again.:waitasec:

3. You've just decided to become a radical feminist and wish to leave this base reminder of female bondage behind for good, along with your pants.

4. You forgot it? But then once you went to the grocery store you must have remembered, but then when you came BACK to the car with the groceries to wait for Tony, you just decided not to bother with it? Hands too full?

Don't even get me started on leaving the car keys behind.

perhaps it "smelled bad"?
Exactly my thought. Maybe it smelled like a damn dead body had been in her purse. But then again, why not just throw it away?????? Nothing in this case makes sense.:mad:

I posted this in the previous thread addressing this question:

This isn't in defense of Casey, but maybe she carried more than one purse?
I like to change my purses often and you might find a half filled purse of mine in any of my vehicles, in my desk at work, in my bedroom, the closet...any number of places. I'm not saying that's what Casey did, but it's one way to account for her purse being left in the car.

Someday, I am going to regret this, but I usually leave my purse in my car. It's not completely unheard of...

A purse would be left in the car if the owner of the purse wanted others to think foul play had occured.

I posted this in the previous thread addressing this question:

This isn't in defense of Casey, but maybe she carried more than one purse?
I like to change my purses often and you might find a half filled purse of mine in any of my vehicles, in my desk at work, in my bedroom, the closet...any number of places. I'm not saying that's what Casey did, but it's one way to account for her purse being left in the car.

Sorry for the double post - my bad. This is a valid reason, I think - providing that her wallet wasn't left inside. But I would THINK that if Casey made this common practice, Cindy would have been shouting it from the rooftops instead of saying how weird it was. jmho though.

Someday, I am going to regret this, but I usually leave my purse in my car. It's not completely unheard of...

When you ABANDON your car? That is the point here. I leave my purse in the car in the garage too.

I think I'm going with as a tool to entice a thief for the kidnapping scenario. I sometimes leave my purse in the car, too, but only at home. If I had to abandon my car because it was out of gas, there is no way I'd be leaving my purse in it.

I often wonder if Casey's plan wasn't to have her parents think both she and Caylee were 'missing'.

And her parents screwed that up when tracking her down.

I don't know. We still don't know the truth of what went on in those weeks leading up to all this. Cindy says she was in contact. Who knows if that is true. She also says in her LE statement that Casey was suppose to be in J'Ville.

About the only thing I feel certain about in this case is that Casey is responsible for whatever happened to Caylee. And I also feel she was to busy throwing down with TonE and living her fake, glamourous life, which included her newly found freedom, to think much about her stories and what she was going to do when this all came to a head. Her crimes have been very disorganized, IMO.

In one of her interviews, Cindy admits that she found it very strange that Casey left her purse in the abandoned car. She said, "If you're a woman, you don't leave your purse!"

And my reply is, you don't lose your kid either. But in the interest of fairness, let's examine possible reasons that someone might possibly leave a purse behind in an abandoned vehicle. Oh, also, she left the car to buy groceries, without her purse - which would indicate that she had to preplan and get some money out of her purse to have with her to buy the said groceries.

I'll start the list, please add if you can think of anything:

1. You want to entice someone to steal your decomp laden car so that you can fake a kidnapping scenario. my personal fave.

2. You HATE your purse and never want to see it again.:waitasec:

3. You've just decided to become a radical feminist and wish to leave this base reminder of female bondage behind for good, along with your pants.

4. You forgot it? But then once you went to the grocery store you must have remembered, but then when you came BACK to the car with the groceries to wait for Tony, you just decided not to bother with it? Hands too full?

Don't even get me started on leaving the car keys behind.
Casey doesn't use purses. Has anyone seen her with a purse? She uses backpacks. Maybe it was a purse she stole from Cindy. I seriously doubt it was actually a purse

I would say to make it look like she was abducted along with Caylee.

I think it was probably just a purse that she left in the car after she switched its contents to another purse. Example, She had a larger purse and was switching it to a smaller purse to carry with her to Fusian... I know my friends and I (when we use to go to clubs/bars!) would always carry smaller purses, with just the essentials. Phone, keys, ID, money, etc.... Anywho just a thought!

I would say to make it look like she was abducted along with Caylee.
She probably thought it made the car look more stealable with a purse in there. IF there was a purse.

I still stick with my Casey uses a backpack theory.

Was it an purse empty???:confused:

My question as well; though i don't suppose it would matter in terms of enticing a criminal to open the car door. i bet that some even may have, but then caught the whiff of death :eek: and kept right on moving.

All of these sound like good reasons. I also thought that she wanted to make it look like somone had abducted her and Caylee but then why call Tony to pick her up and why stick around? Could have been any or none of these reasons but now I am starting to think that maybe in haste she just plain forgot it and then after she realised that it was missing she was afraid to return to the scene to retrieve it???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back