All Casey Cell Phone LOGS and PINGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amberjack

Former Member
Reaction score
They seem very focused on this ping & this area

Do we know if it's N, S, E, W of the airport?
Are the Orl. Int'l Airport & the Orl. Executive Airport the same?
Does Casey have a boyfriend that works there or nearby?

Odd...That there is a Boggy Creek area (S-W of airport)
that has M/I Homes named
Sawgrass Plantation & Bella Vida.....

Please merge or redirect if this has been addressed . . .

I have two comments/questions for everyone:

1. Do we know if anyone ever asked Casey why her cell phone would "ping" in an area outside of her normal activity (i.e., the swamp by the airport). It would seem to me that she could simply come up with a lie, like she has about everything else, but at least by asking her the police could uncover yet another lie she has told and slowly paint her into a corner.

2. I'm not quite sure how the pings work. It is based upon the location of a cellular tower, correct? But they can tell the date and time. So, if on the way to the swamp/airport area the cell pings at one tower, then pings at another in that area, couldn't they determine the length of time she remained in that area? What I am getting at is this: (hypothetical: say the pings showed she spent 2 hours by the swamp/airport). A natural question to then ask would be "why?" My guess would be her desire to dispose of something - body, evidence, or whatever.

Also, now that she has changed her story does anyone know if her cell phone had a ping in that park?

I have worked for two major communication/cell companies. I work ALOT with business tracking people, assets, vehicles (GPS)
I hope the police have more evidence to support Caseys location than just cell phone "pinging" cell tower.
I doubt she even took her cell phone with when she disposed of the body, and if she did take phone along, it doesnt always mean much.
There are alot of things that can interfere such as communication tower (airport) trees, steel buildings,water towers. Plus, we can only see her location when a call is either being placed or recieved. Meaning if no one called her for 6 hours, and she did not call anyone either, we pretty much cant see where she was during that time.

The area they search is south of Orlando Int'l Airport. It is the area found by the cell phone 'pings' in the time line after June 16, 2008.
Orlando Ex. Airport is north of the Anthony's home.
Try the links forum. The google maps may be in there.
The pings seem to show a longer period of time south of the Int'l airport. This is not an area frequented by Casey. I think this shown by all her other cell phone calls.
They say 'pings' off cell towers happen if the phone is used or not used.
I would think Casey had her cell phone with her. She does not seem to be the kind of person who would be without it.
The times of cell phone 'pings' have been released.
Except for June 17, 2008.

that has M/I Homes named
-------------------------------------------------
1 Boggy Ck has been discussed a lot as a possible site where Caylee could be. Also, Mud Lake, which is west of Boggy Ck.

It is south of Orlando Int'l Airport.

Maps have been shown on threads. May be in the links thread.

I do not know if she had a boy friend who works there or not.
I don't recall that she did.

-------------------------------------------I do not know if she had a boy friend who works there or not.
I don't recall that she did.

not that we know of at this point. this girl had them lined up one right after, often on top of, eachother. so I wouldn't be surprised if she snuck in some airport guy on one of those days. I've lost track of how many guys she dates at once myself.

The area they search is south of Orlando Int'l Airport. It is the area found by the cell phone 'pings' in the time line after June 16, 2008.
Orlando Ex. Airport is north of the Anthony's home.
Try the links forum. The google maps may be in there.
The pings seem to show a longer period of time south of the Int'l airport. This is not an area frequented by Casey. I think this shown by all her other cell phone calls.
They say 'pings' off cell towers happen if the phone is used or not used.
I would think Casey had her cell phone with her. She does not seem to be the kind of person who would be without it.
The times of cell phone 'pings' have been released.
Except for June 17, 2008.

there must be continuous communication between the physical phone and the service provider'ssatellite towers. (ie, no interference-airport communication towers, water towers, trees, metal buildings)
Yes SOME phones have E911 and can constantly be tracked but this is sooooo easy to just shut off by going into your phones menu and disabling the feature. im just saying I hope they are going off of more than cell and tower locations.
The phone would have to be powered on at that time as well.

I dont think the pings matter either. Who would be calling from the burial area while theyre burying someone? No one!

I have worked for two major communication/cell companies. I work ALOT with business tracking people, assets, vehicles (GPS)
I hope the police have more evidence to support Caseys location than just cell phone "pinging" cell tower.
I doubt she even took her cell phone with when she disposed of the body, and if she did take phone along, it doesnt always mean much.
There are alot of things that can interfere such as communication tower (airport) trees, steel buildings,water towers. Plus, we can only see her location when a call is either being placed or recieved. Meaning if no one called her for 6 hours, and she did not call anyone either, we pretty much cant see where she was during that time.

Boo hoo ... I was counting on the pings to help locate Caylee. Thank you for the info.

That is not what I have read about pings.

"The ping is essentially the handset's way of saying: 'I'm here and I'm ready to be used,' " You don't have to be making a call for a ping to register you just have to have the phone on.

Here is just one of the articles I found.
http://www.snopes.com/crime/prevent/cellping.asp

Personally Casey doesn't seem the type to ever go anywhere without her phone or have it turned off unless she knew ahead of time about how pings work. IMO

that has M/I Homes named

The International Airport is a different airport than the Executive airport. OIA is located in the south part of Orlando and is the major hub of flights coming in from around the world. The executive airport is a small airport located in the Conway/crystal lake area. It is mainly used for personal aircraft and smaller local flights.

As far as the "pings" go. What the last poster said is more correct. When a cell phone is active and aquiring a signal, the cell phone pings the tower frequently to determine the signal strength, ect. It is possible to get these pings and determine a persons whereabouts from them. It is very time consuming though as the packet that the cell phone company sends is very large. It is not something that has anything to do with GPS, E911 or phone tracking and requires a "cell site order" from the court. Most cell compaines only keep these records for a short period of time as well. So a person doesnt need to actually be using the phone, they just need to have it on. It is of course restrictive to whether or not the phone is hitting a tower, interference, ect.

The detectives are working with everything they can to solve the case.

I have to agree with Traildog. (Welcome to WS, Trail!)

On other cases, this has come up and the phone doesn't have to be used to ping the towers. Time is determined by leaving one area and moving to the next. They have her cell phone pinging the towers in that specific location or they would not be searching there extensively.

She wouldn't neccessarily have been calling anyone, but they could have been trying to reach her which also activates the pings on the towers. I believe this was mentioned by Tim.

They could have other reasons for looking in that area, too. They are important enough that Tim and LE decided not to take any risks in searching it for the moment which should tell us they are pretty confident in this location. It is possible the dirt removed from the trunk or shovel matches the dirt found in that particular area, for instance.

One other thing I had heard while on the search is that the phone was pinging in the area around the area and then suddenly stopped pinging and then started again. I guess the assumption is that she entered an area will a lot of tall trees that interferred with the signal.

Thanks for all the info!
So, there are 2 different "airports"

Casey only had one call on Tuesday from outside the airport

She loses BOTH her phones & cannot explain this
She only had the Blackjack one week
It contained info from the other phone......

There are persons she knows that work in this area outside the Int'l Airport

Who's house was she living at June 16-17-18?

Hi everyone. I'm a long time lurker but new to posting here. Many of you amaze me with your sleuthing abilities.

Was the pings from the airport on the 16th? If so, imo logic says she didn't dump the body on that day due to it wouldn't allow enough time for the decomp smell to set in. It makes more sense that the airport was used as a location to either kill Caylee or to move her body from the back seat to the trunk. I think the pings after the 18th are what they should be looking at.

If I understood correctly, the cell ping map was flashed briefly on-screen on the NG show within the last several days.

I searched the media links thread and came up empty. Not because the clip isn't there, but, because it wasn't obvious to me which one it was if it was there.

Did anyone get a screenshot of the cell ping map they can share?

Thanks.

I think it was on the 5th...I just started watching and will post it if I find it.

Yea - I remember seeing it too - just for a split second. I looked for it later and couldn't find it anywhere. I don't have that episode saved! I hope you can find it because I was curious to see it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk