First Article That Gets It!

I agree with this. However, they failed to mention how the actions of the family are disgusting as well. They also didn't mention how they and other media constantly give more attention to the protesters, Casey and family than they do to those who volunteered to search. Rather hypocritical to me.

That link takes us to the commments on the article. I believe the correct link is http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/opinion/orl-ed09208sep09,0,5056518.story

I agree that the protesters outside of the Anthony home has left a sour taste in my mouth. Even if we do not agree with the Anthony's or that Casey should be out of jail, their neighbors are entitled to living their lives. I think its unfair for the community and media to have such a circus on a public street where it becomes unsafe for the neighborhood's children to play in their yards or walk their dogs.

I've had to remind myself that this is about Caylee and finding justice for her.

That link takes us to the commments on the article. I believe the correct link is http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/opinion/orl-ed09208sep09,0,5056518.story

I agree that the protesters outside of the Anthony home has left a sour taste in my mouth. Even if we do not agree with the Anthony's or that Casey should be out of jail, their neighbors are entitled to living their lives. I think its unfair for the community and media to have such a circus on a public street where it becomes unsafe for the neighborhood's children to play in their yards or walk their dogs.

I've had to remind myself that this is about Caylee and finding justice for her.
Good point Ginny. The media needs to practice what they preach. I agree that the protesters serve no good purpose. However, I get disgusted with the media's criticism of them while they have contributed more to the "circus atmosphere" than anyone else.

Good point Ginny. The media needs to practice what they preach. I agree that the protesters serve no good purpose. However, I get disgusted with the media's criticism of them while they have contributed more to the "circus atmosphere" than anyone else.

I have to agree. If the webcam were not there I doubt the protesters would be. And yes, it very much looks like Jerry Springer.

In relation with the article posted I need to post something about WS that I have been thinking about since the protests first appeared outside the Anthony house.

It is amazing in a free environment and an ''anonymous'' environment like this forum, the kind of restraint and quality that was exhibited by the forum's members. Posters coming from so different backgrounds, countries, walks of life, and even different views about this case, I was astonished how self-regulated the forum was in not allowing similar cannibalism regarding the Anthonys or participating in what those people are doing outside the home.

When people here felt they had to make a STATEMENT or ACT, they donated money to Equusearch, they signed up as volunteers for Equusearch, and they stayed up all night trying to find online evidence and read documents hoping perhaps they will find a clue for where the child is. We all have our sentiments about the Anthonys, and personally I think they are majorly responsible for the kind of circus this has been turned into. BUT THAT IS NOT AN EXCUSE for what we are witnessing outside their home, that has nothing to do with the right to protest, the right of free speech, or concern about little Caylee.

I sincerely applaud the owner of the forum and the moderators because they have a forum that has a clear view what is its purpose and its ''voice'' and they were able to do that without restricting any freedoms of speech. There is a clear line why people come here and people want to be here because they agree with that line. The number of posters here who donated money and actually went to Orlando to search for Caylee shows why people are really coming here. And I applaud all of you who follow this case with dignity and humanism, focusing on Caylee and not the lowest of lowest of our human insticts and shortcomings.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

The protestors have a right to protest. If you start deciding what people should or shouldn't protest, based on personal beliefs, your on your way to a "Name the Concentration Camp" contest.

All these folks who want the protestors to go away. Where the He** are they when the KKK is allowed to parade through minority neighborhoods, because even their whacko actions enjoy constitutional protections.

jmo

What an excellent post, GameTheory.
I agree with you.:blowkiss:

The protestors have a right to protest. If you start deciding what people should or shouldn't protest, based on personal beliefs, your on your way to a "Name the Concentration Camp" contest.

All these folks who want the protestors to go away. Where the He** are they when the KKK is allowed to parade through minority neighborhoods, because even their whacko actions enjoy constitutional protections.

jmo

excellent post.. thank you:clap:
:clap:

People seem to forget that one of the things that make this country as great is our freedom of speech. you may not like what someone has to say, but it is their right to say it.

In relation with the article posted I need to post something about WS that I have been thinking about since the protests first appeared outside the Anthony house.

It is amazing in a free environment and an ''anonymous'' environment like this forum, the kind of restraint and quality that was exhibited by the forum's members. Posters coming from so different backgrounds, countries, walks of life, and even different views about this case, I was astonished how self-regulated the forum was in not allowing similar cannibalism regarding the Anthonys or participating in what those people are doing outside the home.

When people here felt they had to make a STATEMENT or ACT, they donated money to Equusearch, they signed up as volunteers for Equusearch, and they stayed up all night trying to find online evidence and read documents hoping perhaps they will find a clue for where the child is. We all have our sentiments about the Anthonys, and personally I think they are majorly responsible for the kind of circus this has been turned into. BUT THAT IS NOT AN EXCUSE for what we are witnessing outside their home, that has nothing to do with the right to protest, the right of free speech, or concern about little Caylee.

I sincerely applaud the owner of the forum and the moderators because they have a forum that has a clear view what is its purpose and its ''voice'' and they were able to do that without restricting any freedoms of speech. There is a clear line why people come here and people want to be here because they agree with that line. The number of posters here who donated money and actually went to Orlando to search for Caylee shows why people are really coming here. And I applaud all of you who follow this case with dignity and humanism, focusing on Caylee and not the lowest of lowest of our human insticts and shortcomings.

AAAAAAAAgreed!
This is precisely why I joined WS. I had been to other sites that were poorly moderated and pretty smarmy which is not at all what i'm about. I lurked for awhile and saw true objectivity, diplomacy and general respect as well as people who were proactive rather than reactive; as you say taking action in whatever way they could rather than simply speculating. This is a fantastic community. I was lucky enough to meet up with some of the sleuthers at the search and let me tell you each and every one of them were genuine , compassionate, GOOD people. SO yes I <3 Websleuths!!!:blowkiss:

MEdia covers action. With the Anthonys staying in the house, behaving, there is no action. The people out side, hanging aroung, etc.. taht is action.

That folks would go stand in the rain, the heat, etfc.. that is a news story.

The anthonys are involved in a high profile case. Without the protestes, life still wouldn't be easy. Folks looking at them where ever they go, etc. /whispering, etc.

People do protest without media attention. Groups do it together. Or folks gather on line (like in this case).

One thing that bugs me is that GA and CA seem to spend a lot of time "putzing" around the front of their house. This morning the local news was doing a quick blurb from there and GA was outside rinsing off his car -- not really washing it, but spraying it with a hose. It just seems to me that if I had people protesting on my front lawn and I was not only complaining about it but getting in physical altercations with them, that I would spend as little time outside as possible.

I know it is THEIR house and it is THEIR right to be outside if they want to, but come on...at some point you are just asking for trouble! If it was me, I'd only be outside when absolutely necessary! Then again, if it was me, I'd be doing a whole lot of stuff differently.

Protesting is a form of gathering that trying to have an outcome. The only outcome of the protester being there is to bring attention to themselves and irritate the Anthony's. I believe that the Anthony's like the attention as sick as that sounds. Casey definitely loves the attention good or bad - she is a celebrity don't you know - she said it herself. I think if they want some sort of outcome on this case - bring it to the LE office or FBI. They are going no where protesting in front of the Anthony's. It is pointless - it is not going to bring back Caylee and believe - I don't think anyone is going to stop looking for this little girl if they stop protesting. This is going to be on everyones mind for years to come. Have we stop thinking about the Peterson case or OJ Simpson and we don't need protesters to remind us - do we?

I totally disagree with this article!! People are protesting because Casey KNOWS WHERE HER DAUGHTER IS! It is not the same as people standing outside while someone awaits trial and tortures the family. Casey KNOWS where Caylee is and thousands of people have given up their time to try to find her and this girl is getting major preferential treatment from the courts!

If I were on home confinement do you think the courts would release me for THIRTY hours a week to go sit at my lawyer's office??? Not on your life.

ONLY if I had a job would I get that kind of relief from home confinemnet!!

It is starting to look like the Orange County Courts won't stand up to Miss Anthony and let her decieve them the way he has everyone in this case!

If I were a tax payer in that county, I would be writing letters to the court, calling everyone I can and ask what is up with the preferential treatment!

In addition, people have donated to the Anthony's fund to help locate Caylee and they pay for a security system, lots of cute tshirts but have done nothing to locate her with that donated money!

I would be asking for an investigation immediately into this!

I have written several letters but not being a taxpayer in that community my voice carries little weight!

I hope the people of Orlando step up and demand some answers!

Home confinement is a joke!

I would ask if they meant it when they said no internet for Miss Anthony. People on this website and others have documented that she is on MySpace daily!!

This is a joke and I am angry.

Perhaps the protestors are fed up with this treatment...all the while knowing Casey knows exactly where she dumped the body of this little 2 year old...

She never made it to her third birthday!

This is an emotional case, it will bring out the best and worst in people.

Bashing the protestors is another example.

We express ourselves daily on these threads.

It's called freedom of speech.

The PR campaign FOR Casey better deal with it, cause it wont go away until
CAYLEE comes home.

This is an emotional case, it will bring out the best and worst in people.

Bashing the protestors is another example.

We express ourselves daily on these threads.

It's called freedom of speech.

The PR campaign FOR Casey better deal with it, cause it wont go away until
CAYLEE comes home.

You are ABSOLUTELY right. :clap: We have freedom of speech and the right to peaceful protest in this country. And no you do not need a permit if it is less than 100 people.

Searchers are protesting! People that have gone out in terrible hot conditions and looked for this little girl which is way more than her own family has done. They have concentrated on impeding searchers and LE from the very beginning. This is why people are so upset and they have every right to express that in a peaceful manner.

George shoved a 65 year old woman who had just searched for his grandaughter earlier in the day. The man that he put his hands on was also a searcher.

Nauseating nauseating behavior. I support the protesters as long as THEY remain peaceful. Unlike the Anthony's.

That family would have had the support and compassion of this entire country if they hadn't exhibited such reprehensible behavior from the very beginning.

The article also forgot to mention how some of the protestors were also searchers. The elderly lady and her companions (the one who got pushed by GA) protested only after they spent the day searching with TES.

I feel like it's one of those IQ test questions:

If all protesters are searchers and all protesters are bad, does that make some of the searchers bad?

:clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17