UK - Peter Connelly, 17 mos, brutally murdered, London, 3 Aug 2007

PattyCake

Gypsy By Heart
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,419502,00.html

"A 17-month-old baby boy was murdered by his mother and her boyfriend despite being on a council "at risk" register and having already suffered a catalogue of injuries including eight fractured ribs and a broken back that left him paralyzed, a British court heard Tuesday.

The child, who along with the two adults cannot be named for legal reasons, was subjected to "a course of assaults of increasing violence" over many months at his home in North London even though he was being monitored by experts, the Old Bailey was told." .... "His fingernails, it was said, may have been deliberately removed.

His spine may have been broken when he was forced over the back of an adult’s knee or banister rail, jurors heard.

He also had many bruises to his face and body and was probably bitten on his scalp by a dog at the house." .... more to story

:furious:
I hope jail will be a very endless violent horrific experience for the both of them. IMO, we are TOO good to prisoners. I'd say to go back to the 'old days' of prison. Torture, sleeping on dirt floors, bread & water and back breaking hard physical work every day of their pathetic lives. I do NOT believe in prisoners rights at all. People should be scared for their lives to go to prison and they're not because 'we're a humane society'.

Humane society bull crap. When inhumane people do these things to babies, they do not deserve humane treatment.

"A 17-month-old baby boy was murdered by his mother and her boyfriend despite being on a council "at risk" register and having already suffered a catalogue of injuries including eight fractured ribs and a broken back that left him paralyzed, a British court heard Tuesday.

The child, who along with the two adults cannot be named for legal reasons, was subjected to "a course of assaults of increasing violence" over many months at his home in North London even though he was being monitored by experts, the Old Bailey was told." .... "His fingernails, it was said, may have been deliberately removed.

His spine may have been broken when he was forced over the back of an adult’s knee or banister rail, jurors heard.

He also had many bruises to his face and body and was probably bitten on his scalp by a dog at the house." .... more to story

I hope jail will be a very endless violent horrific experience for the both of them. IMO, we are TOO good to prisoners. I'd say to go back to the 'old days' of prison. Torture, sleeping on dirt floors, bread & water and back breaking hard physical work every day of their pathetic lives. I do NOT believe in prisoners rights at all. People should be scared for their lives to go to prison and they're not because 'we're a humane society'.

Humane society bull crap. When inhumane people do these things to babies, they do not deserve humane treatment.

In cut and dry cases like this when there is no doubt that the witches are guilty, I agree!! :furious: I am crying for this sweet baby. Why the hell was he given back to that monster?!:mad:

This is in Britian and it seems that their child protective services are worse then ours. In addition, if you watch, you will see that the penalty is pretty light when all is said and done. Britain seems to be a pretty "soft" on crime type of place. Okay - this is my opinion only, based mostly on news articles and what some of our British posters have said over the course of my time on these threads.

This witch should hang by her fingernails for a good long time!

Salem

AND the "council" that was "protecting" this baby should be sued and people should lose their jobs! It had to be obvious that this baby was suffering and there is no excuse for doing such a lousy job!

omg that sweet little angel .. i dont understand why this horrible abuse happens , i cant understand how a person could hurt a beautiful baby :furious::furious:

I agree 100% with you.

I would have taken him-I would have loved him-in the end it is so much simpler to love them you know...rather than to waste all the energy hurting them.

God help the perps.

I just dont understand. I cannot understand. What is wrong with people today??? Do we need to drop them in hot tar, and chain them to a flag pole in the town square for punishment? What do we have to do to let these abusers/murderers know that we as a society cannot and will not tolerate this behavior.

This is unbelievable.... I just posted a very similar thread about a baby in Utah who was killed in the same fashion by a mom and her boyfriend, amazing how the two cases parallel each other - sick minds think alike I suppose? I can't even come up with adequate words to describe just what I'd like to do to these heartless creatures that hurt innocent children who cannot defend themselves. :furious:

~snip~I hope jail will be a very endless violent horrific experience for the both of them. IMO, we are TOO good to prisoners. I'd say to go back to the 'old days' of prison. Torture, sleeping on dirt floors, bread & water and back breaking hard physical work every day of their pathetic lives. I do NOT believe in prisoners rights at all. People should be scared for their lives to go to prison and they're not because 'we're a humane society'.

In cases like this, I completely agree. I can't even force myself to care about people like this...truly, can't.

This is unbelievable.... I just posted a very similar thread about a baby in Utah who was killed in the same fashion by a mom and her boyfriend, amazing how the two cases parallel each other - sick minds think alike I suppose? I can't even come up with adequate words to describe just what I'd like to do to these heartless creatures that hurt innocent children who cannot defend themselves. :furious:

Shanna, at first I thought there were two threads on the same child.

WTH? What is wrong with people? This now is two babies who are well it's too heart breaking for words.

I agree. People in jail have it too good. Murderers should be tortured or at least make them suffer and live with pain everyday.

Shanna, at first I thought there were two threads on the same child.

WTH? What is wrong with people? This now is two babies who are well it's too heart breaking for words.

I thought the same thing too at first, had to go back and verify that they were indeed two separate incidents.
What thought process could have possibly prompted this new trend in baby abuse ("bend baby backwards like a pretzel every other day")? It seems that these sub-human criminals are finding more and more heinous ways to inflict harm yet the injuries (in this case, internal) are not as obvious to the general public as in the past, ie...typical cases of hitting and bruising that are visual clues.
People in general - friends, family, acquaintances - are going to have to learn to rely more on gut feelings and instincts than ever before when it comes to stopping these abusive situations (ie, the waitress who felt something just wasn't right with the old man and two young girls in Waffle House who reported - and stopped - a sexual predator in his tracks). I know that reading some of the stories in this and other crime forums has been a total eye-opening experience for me, I had no idea that such evil existed in this world on such a large and common scale. It makes me a lot less trusting in human nature than I used to be. I still believe that most people are decent and kind in general but I give a lot less benefit of the doubt where my children or others who are vulnerable are concerned - better safe than sorry, err on the side of caution, in my opinion!

Oh... This is so awful :(

Did I miss it or do you know what the mother was convicted of? I seen they were going to be sentenced Dec. 15, any ideas on what they could get for this? That poor little baby...

Ima

Hi, Ima...apparently, she & the others were initially charged with murder, but that was dropped *scream!!!* and she has pleaded guilty to causing or allowing the death:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7699603.stm

It's all so infuriating!!!

You are far from the reach of pain any longer angel child. Don't get why you had to suffer, but those who caused it will never know a moments peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back