Attorney Files Motion To Block Testing

Cher352

Reaction score
Attorney Files Motion To Block Testing Of More Evidence:

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's attorney Jose Baez filed a motion Wednesday afternoon attempting to stop investigators from testing any more evidence in the case of missing girl Caylee Anthony.

For rest of article go to:
http://www.wftv.com/news/17440866/detail.html

What do we make of this??

I would think it's just a defense tactic to slow down the process.

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's attorney Jose Baez filed a motion Wednesday afternoon attempting to stop investigators from testing any more evidence in the case of missing girl Caylee Anthony.

That's a defense attorney doing a defense attorney's job as far as I'm concerned.

They (JB's office) wants them to be consulted on where any material is sent for DNA testing....it will be denied.

He will probably get about as far as he did when he tried to get the bail lowered. IMHO.
What I make of it is that he is nervous that more discriminating evidence will get out and day by day as more evidence comes to light it will be harder to defend his client.

You know, I am starting to think that JB is worried about the complete DNA of Caylee coming out. I never ascribed too much to this incest theory but it seems as if they are awfully worried about the complete DNA profile coming out. Which gives motive to Casey harming Caylee, and motive to a lot of the behaviors we have seen. Maybe not. I have a hard time even saying this but something is strange about the father of Caylee. Why would the gp's not be looking at the father of Caylee and the father's family in a case of abduction. They floated this father is dead theory that does not hold water..and have had NO interest in looking at Caylee's father. I would think that is one of the first places to look.

LOL - This attorney is classic!
He thinks he can stop the LE from investigating a case?
I thought I had seen everything? I guess miss KC has this attorney's tail spinning too?
This is just so strange to say the least.
He also is sayiing that He should have a say so on where these tests are being done?
This is not for his lying to police charges. This has nothing to do with the charges that C is going to go to court for in November. He is trying so hard to sway the LE from the real issue of his client is the reason they are going to court.
This is not a murder charge for goodness sake! just child neglect at this point.
WOW! this is just amazing to me. No more surprises I guess. Now I have seen everything... hehe

Interesting! Thanks, Cher! Hopefully, one of the media outlets will provide a copy of the motion shortly. Hard to say much about it without seeing it. At first blush, though, it would seem the defense is worried what else might be found in additional testing and is making a desperate attempt to stop it.

Not sure I've seen something like that other than when testing would destroy a sample and not leave the defense an opportunity to do their own testing. This sounds broader, though. Unusual, I think, with no charges having been filed and the attorney not in possession of the state's evidence yet (at least I assume he's not).

This may be a ploy to force the state's hand, try to put them in a position of having to file charges before they're ready, and when they don't (because they don't have to), the defense will claim the state doesn't have enough to move forward. Probably a big nothing, but I'd like to read it anyway. Thanks again! :)

Not going to happen JB. I think that they have gotten most of the testing done already and just fine tuning the results to make a factual case against Casey to arrest for murder.

Sounds like KC/JB is scared-more testing and more results being revealed puts more nails in KC's coffin so to speak. Of course they want the testing stopped-KC wants to stay out of jail.
I find the entire fiasco of not knowing who Caylee's daddy is to be very strange. KC is a scammer and money grubber by nature-wouldn't she want child support money?? Just more things that make you scratch your head.

I don't understand exactly what this means

"Casey Anthony's attorney Jose Baez filed a motion Wednesday afternoon attempting to stop investigators from testing any more evidence in the case of missing girl Caylee" (snipped from link above)

Why would anyone ask to stop testing evidence unless there is enough evidence to proof she killed Caylee, or could he be suggesting that there is not enough evidence to convict, so do what you have to do to keep them from testing more?
Way to much information the same day the parents are being defended? Are we close to answers?

Wasn't some of the evidence sent to the FBI lab..is that not good enough?

I think this has something to do with the defense having the right to independently test evidence. Sometimes a test will "use up" the evidence. If LE requests a test that will use up or destroy the evidence, the defense will ask for imput on where/what procedures will be used.

A defense attorney who doesn't ask for the right to do independent testing would be very negligent.

I didn't think they could do that! I know they have to have enough so they can perform their own tests though. IMO

Hasn't all the evidence been sent to the lab....

Unless there has been new evidence found,that hasn't had a chance to be sent to the lab yet. Or just got there, but not had a chance to run test yet.

Yeah, I can understand the 'using it all up' theory, but if the Prosecution wants an air tight case, wouldn't they avoid doing that? It would give the defense a heavier arguement to exclude evidence in the case of a trial.
I'm wondering if he's going to claim the labs and police are framing Casey later on, and he was denied the chance to safeguard evidence before they gottheir mits on it.

I think this has something to do with the defense having the right to independently test evidence. Sometimes a test will "use up" the evidence. If LE requests a test that will use up or destroy the evidence, the defense will ask for imput on where/what procedures will be used.

Edwin Hall's attorney pulled this very same thing.

Edwin hall brutally RAPED, SODOMIZED and MURDERED (strangled with her own belt) a beautiful young woman by the name of Kelsey Smith. I followed it to the bitter end. I saw all the "he is not guilty you will see" bloggers then just as now...and he CONFESSED and CASEY is just as guilty as he was/is.

He confessed to spare himself the death penalty. Maybe she will too if it comes to that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back