Prayers for 9/11 victims and their families

halleyscomet

Inactive
Reaction score
I would just like to offer prayers for the families and victims of 9/11. Can you believe it's 7 years?

May God rest their souls and continue to give strength and comfort to their families...

Prayers for the families ........... a friend from high school died on her secnd day back from maternity leave. Laura Pettus Longing of Marsh and McLennen. Leaving two young sons behind.

Thank you,

Kathy

9_11.gif
[/IMG]

May we never forget

I would just like to offer prayers for the families and victims of 9/11. Can you believe it's 7 years?

May God rest their souls and continue to give strength and comfort to their families...

I know it....7 years...
i've been watching the memorials all morning and have stuff on myspace and facebook about it...
i put "God Bless The USA" on my myspace page for today.
I've been to ground zero lots of times since then.
It is so heartbreaking to be there.
I pray for comfort for all those who lost people they know and love on that day.
God Bless you all...

Prayers for the families ........... a friend from high school died on her secnd day back from maternity leave. Laura Pettus Longing of Marsh and McLennen. Leaving two young sons behind.

Thank you,

Kathy

OMG that breaks my heart.
I can't even imagine.
That poor girl. Her poor family.
That just makes me cry.
I'm sorry for the loss of your friend too....:(

I worked in a NY ER when this happened. The day changed my life and the lives of many that day. It took me a very long time to go to Ground Zero, though I flew over it on the first flight out of Newark Airport after the tragedy. We lost so many great people that day, childhood friends, friends, family, co-workers. I wrote this in December 2001, after my first trip.

A NEW VIEW

Antique spires jaggedly pierce the sky
The new smoothly flow, seeming to melt into the horizon.
This view has been seen a thousand times
Sharp contrasts an overwhelming fullness catching the breaths of those crossing for the first time.

Familiar to me, it grows, this precious skyline
I have crossed this way thousands of times, feeling a salty spray of the river splash
As the old, sturdy vessel cuts through
Deep green almost black, sun shines reflecting causing me to squint

There, she stands, tall and strong graceful as a gull resting on this water
Protecting us, a symbol of the freedom generations fought to gain
Symbol of arms of many who traveled from strange lands to gain the right to
Believe, to gain a basic human right.
She has caught the eye of many like a beautiful woman entering a room.
She causes the same deep silence, the same awe

Today it is not these sights that take my breath
But the sight of that which will forever remain unseen
The empty space, a foreboding vision, nakedness filling the void
Today they are not there in the background towering over this city
Who shrank from the sheer size of these majestic structures

Silently stepping onto ground, I walk slowly and deliberately
Yet not knowing what to expect
Moving closer
Watching in awe the thousands who have come to this
I wonder what brings them so far from home to share this

I am there. Hundreds around me fill my ears
With deafening silence
On sacred ground tears fall as the wings of thousands of angels
Cut sharply through the wind, descending, yet and always the protectors.
Reminders Loves lost, a child’s laughter, bright flames
Extinguished too far before the darkness should have fallen.

Reminders of the deep love of country
Of those we knew and those we didn’t, of those who taught us
Lessons of sacrifice, lessons of innocence lost, lessons
Of appreciation for the freedom that we so boldly accept as given

Reminders hanging like wishes in the wind.

C.M.Gaeta
Copyright 12/17/01
IN LOVING REMBERANCE…9/11/01 – ALL GAVE SOME…. SOME GAVE ALL

Sending many prayers on this 7th anniversary to everyone effected in the attacks..
Today is a special day of remembering and I hope everyone will take a moment to reflect on what happened and say a prayer for those lost..
Today is a special day for my family as well. The Stryker Brigade in Ft. Wainwright Alaska will have their Deployment Ceremony, and will depart for Iraq sometime between late this evening and Monday. My nephew is apart of that group, and I will be watching the ceremony through live feed.
Along with the prayers for the victims of 911, I pray that each of the 4000 of these sons, brothers, and fathers, daughters, moms, and sisters alike have every angel charged around them for the next year while they are fighting for us in a far away land.

We must never forget and we should honor the heros and innocent victims daily in our prayers.

Prayers for all the families and friends who lost loved ones on that tragic day 7 years ago. That affected so many people across the country and I will never forget hearing the news that day and thinking the same thing many thought....things will never be the same.
For me, It serves as a reminder of how much evil exists in this world and that some people are capable of the most horrendous acts ever imaginable. But I still like to believe that there is a lot of good in this world....you just have to look harder sometimes. It's more difficult to trust others these days...just one of the many changes that occured that day. I really hope that we never forget and honor those who lost their lives on 9/11/01.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back