Is this case on your "local" news?

Reaction score
There has been speculation that this case may not be as widely covered as everyone assumes. If Caylee IS indeed alive...you would certainly think that whoever has her would hear of everything going on and bring her back. Could this not be the case? Maybe people really aren't hearing about this all over the world? I live in Missouri and the people I have mentioned it to hadn't heard about it. I suspect that unless people regularly watch NG, read national news on the web, etc. that they may not even know about Caylee. And if local news stations are not covering it (to my knowledge, ours is not), the word is not getting far enough IMO.

I live in Indiana and I don't believe it has been on our local news.

I suspect that unless people regularly watch NG, read national news on the web, etc. that they may not even know about Caylee.

I agree.

No, my local news does not cover this.

Why don't we all write to the local stations and send the flyer. I will.

Very little coverage in my area. An occasional update.

No mention of it here that I have seen in Birmingham AL. And when we traveled to Atlanta back in July I heard no mention of it there, and thought it was odd since Georgia was a supposed "connection" in the case.

So I tend to agree, unless you watch Nancy Grace these days or local news in Orlando you probably are not seeing much.

You wanna hear something sad? I was talking to my neighbor the other day and mentioned that I had gone to search for Caylee. She said, "Who? Oh, yeah, that little girl. Did you go by yourself?" When I said I had gone with the search group from Texas she had NO idea what I was talking about!!!!

Good Lord, woman! Climb out from under that rock! You live in Orlando and you haven't heard about the extensive search for Caylee?!?!

Very little coverage in my area. An occasional update.

That's the way it is here in Atlanta.
Not only that, but everyone keeps going on about Fox and NG, I know very few people that watch Fox news often and only one other person that watches NG.

I never watched either one before this case.

I live in NV but most of our local news comes from Utah. I've only seen it mentioned one time a couple months ago.

i heard about TES taking a break from their searching and i heard their new lawyer on the tv yesterday. but other than that we don't hear anything unless its something major...and i don't live far from charlotte, nc one of the areas mentioned that an alive caylee could be.

Live in the midwest and have seen it on local news. Not daily. And IIRC it was when LE announcements only. Think the last article I saw was when TES was there. I do not watch local TV news, so this is from local internet news. I probably have seen 3 articles locally.

Without an Amber alert, I think it is hard to get pictures and missing information out. IMHO

If you would like to take on the task I am sure everyone here will send you a link/links to their local internet news and you can send a picture and write up something and see if they will run with it.

Here are some links to get you started.
http://www.local12.com/feedback.aspx
http://www.wlwt.com/station/index.html
http://www.fox19.com/Global/category.asp?C=7181&nav=menu63_2_7

Who knows what actually happened to that precious little girl. But I can't help but feel like if she IS out there alive somewhere, there isn't enough being done. Since there was never an amber alert issued for her, I'm afraid that too many people are in the dark about it. She could actually be alive, and is being totally overlooked! This weighs very heavy on my heart. I would like nothing more than to see her reunited with her family, ALIVE. But I can't see that it's even a possibility if the world doesn't know to look for her. I don't understand why they can't issue an amber alert, JUST IN CASE! It certainly couldn't hurt! Get the word out there and see what happens. At least they could say that they made an ATTEMPT to find her alive. I'm very disappointed that they haven't.

In Chattanooga TN, yes, we get occasional updates on the local news, but it's always a network correspondent that gives it.

As far as TES, sadly, we have had a case close by that TES came and helped with so everyone around here is familiar with TM.

I never heard the Giovanni Gonzalez case here in Orlando. Thank god for this site. I do have friends in MA who've all heard of it though (Caylee)--not sure if it's on the news though.

I'm here in Northwest Ohio and when it first happened there was coverage but now there is none. I agree, unless you watch NG or Fox News or Greta, you really don't know what's going on. I have talked to a couple of people who were even unaware of what I was talking about. That's sad.

No mention down here in Houston, although I will say, we don't have cable, and my old college tv only gets one station. At least local fox hasn't been discussing it that I've seen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back